Cross country trip with covid? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cross country trip with covid?

just an update on my trip, so far, today was going well, great weather here in Winnipeg, started taking side roads cause the hwy got boring and heat was high, and was okay bombing it to Regina at night.

That didn’t happen, out of no where thunderstorms hit (no weather app showed rains, or radar). I waited it out at a gas station, then hot the road at night, huge wind gusts and lightning all around, almost got blown into 2 trucks. I pulled over at the nearest house (praries have no shelters for Kms) as it got getting very dangerous. Locals told me of sudden tornados, trees and branches all around me blowing around. Long story, person at home didn’t answer out of fear, They called a friend to see me, it’s about 10pm at the time, windy, thunder, lightning alll around, really nice guy comes, gives me a space in a shed, parked the bike, then invites me over for coffee. We chat, then his father in law comes, and basically kicked me out lol

so 11pm hit the road to the nearest town, got a room at the comfort inn, too late and risky to head to Regina at 11pm in this weather

Ah the motorcycle adventure days. Glad to hear you got back on track.

Just thinking about the finger wagging crowd...I'm very sure that the small business owners along the routes, used to getting income from tourist traffic, appreciate the riders trade. Even a few dollars spent on food and fuel will be appreciated especially on the less travelled routes. Still tempted to go east at least into Quebec but my son is just starting longer rides - hopefully today and want to do that instead. Port Dover on the radar but the stupid heat is debilitating just now.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at Aug, 23    2020    6.17.01 AM.jpg
I had one of the best burgers evah on that overheated ride to Pickle Lake plus they had a comfie bench outside to eat it at. Was tired of using the top case as a table at Timmies for a stand up lunch. ? ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom