Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 44 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

So it’s been a while since I was able to get the large bottles of Aventinus Dopplebock. It seems they are found in cans now. Still a class beer. Managed to snag some Aventinus Eisbock (12.5%) in the local beer store in small bottles though. I think Aventnus make some of the best beer coming out of Germany. This stuff is nectar. Very dark and not too sweet like a lot of high alcohol beer is.

Some More Stout - Willibald

It’s a big imperial stout with graham cracker, chocolate and yes - marshmallow. It’s 10.5% and it’s very, very good.

Happy Holidays Brew Brethren!

Rob
IMG_1118.JPG

Just finished a couple of FullBeard IPAs. Nice with an open face wild Turkey sandwich and a side of dry cured moose sausage.

Nice having a kid who lives in the North.
A86D5E88-4008-47D6-BE08-812099990222.jpeg

sXMPKLD.jpg

Was very good.
Nice and tart.

There weren’t any Xmas beers near me at the LCBO this Xmas but last week I picked up a few bottles of Stille Nacht a 12% alcohol Belgian Xmas beer. Really nice...there’s a fruit taste to it somewhere but there's no fruit in it. Wish I’d bought a few more bottles. I think I might like this more than Delirium Tremens.

Just finished my cellared “A Handful of Darkness - Bourbon Barrel Aged” from Barncat. Delicious!

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

I think we’ve reached shark-jumping status in craft beer land:

IMG_0159.JPG

I think we’ve reached shark-jumping status in craft beer land:

View attachment 46916

that looks like a boatload of bad ideas

Heres what floats my boat recently...the ingenuity of brewers that can create different flavours with just water, yeast, hops a grain and sugar. That takes real skill. Anyone can empty their pantry and sling crap into a beer mix. I know of a brewer who put a roast chicken in his mix here in town once.

Good beer is like good bread. Flour water salt.

How much money is there in craft beer? Every time you turn around a new brewery has popped up. (the Junction Station here in St Marys is being converted to a brewery)
With this amount of interest there has to be a strong upside (aka VERY good margins) or am I missing something?

Flour water and salt? Remind me not to have beer at Wingboys

My buddies are big craft beer fans and it drives me nuts on trips. Near end of day we grab beer food and then look for a vagrant camping spot. In no time I have a 6pack of tall boys strapped on while they're still wondering through the store comparing IBU numbers.

FWIW I have made my own hard cider ( walmart cider + yeast = hard cider) but mostly drink non premium stuff from the beerstore.

Last edited:
How much money is there in craft beer? Every time you turn around a new brewery has popped up. (the Junction Station here in St Marys is being converted to a brewery)
With this amount of interest there has to be a strong upside (aka VERY good margins) or am I missing something?

Flour water and salt? Remind me not to have beer at Wingboys

My buddies are big craft beer fans and it drives me nuts on trips. Near end of day we grab beer food and then look for a vagrant camping spot. In no time I have a 6pack of tall boys strapped on while they're still wondering through the store comparing IBU numbers.

FWIW I have made my own hard cider ( walmart cider + yeast = hard cider) but mostly drink non premium stuff from the beerstore.

The big outlay is the equipment and premises....after that you can reculture your yeast, you’ll need grain, sugar, water costs, hops or flavourings, cleaning solutions. Your product is 90ish percent water for which you charge what..$7 upwards a pint in a bar or 3-6 a can? I’d say it’s a little like a coffee shop with a much larger original equipment cost. I'd be interested in knowing how quickly the places break even. Lots and lots of places were opening before the pandemic but not all of them have any skill or decent product lines.

Back
Top Bottom