Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Duvel Trippel IPA ....well, that's kind of spoiled a lot of other IPAs I’ve had. Definitely hoppy but with a distinctly Belgian flair. Really nice. A bit chewy too...in a good way.

Working my way through some Trou du Diable beers right now. Having a very nice Quatre Surfeurs De L'Apocalyps which is a perfectly balanced not very bitter ipa with some creamyness. Really good.

I was just at their main site though and it doesn’t look very microbrasserie, it’s more macro...reasonably big operation. Bought some beers and a T shirt and some nice glasses. Their bistro was rammed though and I couldn’t get a seat outside and I’m not sitting inside with the Covid dodgers.

Nicklebrook Zap Blackcurrant.
Nice tartness, the berry comes through. Very refreshing.

Nicklebrook Blackberry Mint Uber.
The Blackberry is def there, i didn't get any mint.
Nice and sour, but the raspberry is still my fave.

Bought because of the name...not opened it yet..

View attachment 45049

wow...just trying this now and didn’t expect it to be as good as it is. Slightly Smokey, really rich, coffee taste and slight taste of black currant for some reason. 9.5% alcohol and doesn’t really taste it...dangerous. I should have bought a lot more of this. I’d buy a case next time I’m there. It’s delicious.

wow...just trying this now and didn’t expect it to be as good as it is. Slightly Smokey, really rich, coffee taste and slight taste of black currant for some reason. 9.5% alcohol and doesn’t really taste it...dangerous. I should have bought a lot more of this. I’d buy a case next time I’m there. It’s delicious.

Phoque is seal in French. I hadn’t picked up on that earlier. Nice!

I’m enjoying one of the many “Black is Beautiful” stouts.
This is a big 10.1% imperial coffee version from Willibald.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Enjoying a delicious Stonehooker Chill Pils from Mississauga brewery on Lakeshore.

Attachments

• 13CC1033-F817-42E0-9413-3A87840F74BC.jpeg
    13CC1033-F817-42E0-9413-3A87840F74BC.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
Not sure if this counts but have tried some of the OCS THC drinks. Interesting taste and definitely feel a buzz sometime (the 10mg variety).

right now trying the HOUSEPLANT LEMON. Delicious!

Not sure if this counts but have tried some of the OCS THC drinks. Interesting taste and definitely feel a buzz sometime (the 10mg variety).

right now trying the HOUSEPLANT LEMON. Delicious!

I take it you’re not supposed to drive after one of these?

Midtown Brewing Porter

Not a fan of it.

Too carb'd, too light on the body, and to me it has a few off flavors.

...the GF likes it though

Dieu Du Ciel Grande Noiceur Imp. Stout

Notes of bitter dark chocolate and coffee.
Creamy mouthfeel.

Wild Card Brewing "Notoriously Juicy" double dry hop new England IPA.

Notes of pineapple, orange rind, and mango.

I was passing through Perth last Friday so I made my annual stop at Perth Brewing. They had their Oyster Stout ready to go, which sounds gross but is fantastic. The oyster shells give a nice briney/salty flavour to the mix.

Their IPAs are the more traditional English-style, which is a really nice break from the overdone New England style haze bombs that are all that anyone seems to be making these days.
Budbuster and Hop Ride are two great examples of this style.
Great little brewery.

Cheers
Rob

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Trou du Diable La Morsure.

Really nicely balanced IPA. Not had a bad beer of theirs yet. Nice big pint bottles too. $4.99 when bought in Quebec, not sure what they sell for here.

Back
Top Bottom