Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 45 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Exactly. Can we expect a huge market in used brew equipment soon?

How much money is there in craft beer? Every time you turn around a new brewery has popped up. (the Junction Station here in St Marys is being converted to a brewery)
With this amount of interest there has to be a strong upside (aka VERY good margins) or am I missing something?

Flour water and salt? Remind me not to have beer at Wingboys

My buddies are big craft beer fans and it drives me nuts on trips. Near end of day we grab beer food and then look for a vagrant camping spot. In no time I have a 6pack of tall boys strapped on while they're still wondering through the store comparing IBU numbers.

FWIW I have made my own hard cider ( walmart cider + yeast = hard cider) but mostly drink non premium stuff from the beerstore.

I laughed out loud reading this.
I’m totally that guy comparing IBU numbers on a trip. Actually I’m not that bad, but I do get excited when we stop at a gas station in PA or VT etc. and the selection is out of this world. ;)

Cheers

Rob

I wish you could order wine from wineries online like you can with beer and breweries

Really dont like the lcbo setup

Had the Rorschach Smoothie Sours.
The double raspberry, and the stone fruit.

I don't know how they're considered beer.

They are literally like drinking the fruit puree they use to flavor the base beer...

Third Moon Vanilla bean "Dead don't Die" Imp. Stout.

Nice creamy smooth mouthfeel, but
was waaaaaay too overpowering on the vanilla.
The lactose sugar also made it far too sweet.

3rd beer I've had from these guys and all have been mediocre at best.

...I'm not understanding all the hype around them lately ?‍♂️

Third Moon Vanilla bean "Dead don't Die" Imp. Stout.

Nice creamy smooth mouthfeel, but
was waaaaaay too overpowering on the vanilla.
The lactose sugar also made it far too sweet.

3rd beer I've had from these guys and all have been mediocre at best.

...I'm not understanding all the hype around them lately ?‍♂️

they sound like beers for people that don’t normally drink beer....lots of people making overly fruity ones etc to cater for those.

they sound like beers for people that don’t normally drink beer....lots of people making overly fruity ones etc to cater for those.

Their double and triple IPAs are fantastic.
To be honest, I haven’t tried their stouts yet - but since they were delivering to KW area this weekend, I bought some.
Also grabbed a porter.

Will report in when I try them (one more week to go in Dry February)!

They’re one of the top rated breweries in Ontario on Untappd...for whatever that’s worth.

But less...there is a lot of hype.

Rob

Had the Town Brewing Magic Bus blueberry/blackberry kettle sour.
Was very citrusy and lemony for some reason.
Would not buy it again...

Then had their Always Tired coffee stout.
Was very nice.
Big notes of espresso, and just the right amount of bitterness.

Rorshach Ballyhoo double dry hopped IPA. My first taste of their brew. My wife got me a 3 month subscription from Small Batch Dispatch for my birthday. They send some great stuff to your door. This one was smooth and deliciousIMG_1306.JPG

For anyone interested a country drive, Block 3 (in St. Jacobs) has all their growler fills on for $12.
They have a fantastic cider, Belgian doubles and triples and more.

Well, I tried one of the Third Moon stouts last night.
Each Beast a God - Morning Roast/Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Double Coffee stout
It was very good.
IMG_1320.JPG

Had the Block 3 Saison Dixieme tonight. Very unique flavour. A saison, yet not.
Runs at 10%.
Friends and I liked it.

Always forget to mention. The Pump (3 locations) have their growlers for their in house beers. Delicious. Especially their house ambers.
$5 deposit and $20 for refills of their growler.

..and a Gulden Draak to finish up the week. Amazing beer, shame I can only get it near Xmas time in the Belgian mixer packs.

..and a Gulden Draak to finish up the week. Amazing beer, shame I can only get it near Xmas time in the Belgian mixer packs.

Believe it or not...they had this in bottles on the cruise ship we were on last February. Not sure who their supplier is...they had some surprisingly good beers available.

Jelly King Raspberry and Meyer Lemon.

If you love lemon, and love sour, then this is for you!

I think it's my new favorite in the series.

Back
Top Bottom