Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 38 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

^^
One of my favorites!

Currently drinking the Wizard of Gose lime/apricot from Bandit Brewing.

Very lime forward. Tastes like a fizzy margarita.

Also had the Halo Magic Missile dry hop pale ale.

VERY funky hop profile but I can't discern what hop they used.

Was enjoyable, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Went to my local beer store this morning. No empties allowed. One store in my area is taking empties. Not close to me. Not a hughe pain but unexpected.

The Boy Scouts are going to do well with their next bottle drive.

Sawdust City "when the sun hits" sour ipa.

Generic and kind of bland.

Not much in the way of sour here, and super low IBU for an ipa.

Sawdust City "when the sun hits" sour ipa.

Generic and kind of bland.

Not much in the way of sour here, and super low IBU for an ipa.

I was torn as I’m not normally into sours, but love IPAs...and as you say not much sour, so I actually enjoyed it. Also a big fan of the band whose song it was named after - so I had to try it.

Latest iteration of Twin Pines DDHDIPA by Sawdust City. Really nice. Nice change from all the haziness going round these days. As much as I love that style, it’s getting a bit tedious.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Latest iteration of Twin Pines DDHDIPA by Sawdust City. Really nice. Nice change from all the haziness going round these days. As much as I love that style, it’s getting a bit tedious.

Agreed on the hazy.

Everyone is doing a hazy IPA and they are all starting to just meld together and becoming indececernable from one another.

I'm hoping the trend starts to fade away.

I have started to search out more samples of "classic" beers.

Nothing quite like a really well executed pils, lager, or esb to reset the palette.

Henderson Brewing Duchess Caroline Bourbon barrel aged Imp. Porter.

Picked it up from the brewery off of their cellar list.

It's a BIG one at 10%.

Lots of raisin, espresso and vanilla notes.
Creamy mouthfeel.

Well worth the price they were charging.

Collective Arts Mango / Tangerine Sour.
Very tasty and would be amazing on a hot summer day chillin on the patio.

Collective Arts Pineapple / Vanilla.
Just odd mixture of flavors.
...was not a fan

Whitewater Brewing Peanut Butter Shake Stout.
Seems like an odd flavor profile but it really, really works well.

Just tried the Amsterdam "Makes U Pucker" dry hop sour.

Save your money and buy a Collective Arts Jam up the Mash instead if you're in the mood for a DHS

I paired an Innis & Gunn Imagine & Gunn - Don's Choice Black IPA (with coconut and rhubarb) with a premium home-made steakhouse burger done on the BBQ/grill. Highly recommended beer... and burger.

I give it a solid 4.0 on the BA scale. Very good. Thankfully I'm not getting coconut in the flavors.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This was the burger. It's a ½ lb premium beef steakhouse offering using single pass coarse grind angus chuck beef from the butcher (w/ ~25% fat). The other ingredients included sweet corn relish, sliced dill pickle, spinach leaves, romaine lettuce, mustard, Melinda's Ghost ketchup, and two slices of american cheese... all on a fresh toasted sesame bun.
WP_20200420_13_52_03_Pro%2B%25283%2529.jpg

This post is a beer, food and hot sauce (the ketchup) combo; and each of those things has a dedicated thread on GTAM, lol.

It was a great combo to enjoy all at once. Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
^^
PM me your address so I can porch pick up one of those burgers next time you're making them! ?

Leffe Brune, one of my favourite mass produced Belgian beers. Available in 6 packs from the LCBO and sometimes on tap (whenever bars open again). A really solid Belgian Abbey strong brown beer. Best enjoyed in its own chalice style glass.

Bench brewing - green fields sour ale

Fantastic aromas of pine and citrus. Very lime forward, but not a lot of body to it.

Bellwoods - Farmageddon Wild ale with Morello cherries.

Not a fan. Not big on farmhouse ales but I keep trying them.
Very "musty" and dank. Very carbonated, but 0 head retention.
The color is a beautiful pink.

Little Victory, a West Coat style IPA from Red Circle Brewing in KW. Very tasty and not hazy.

Not sure how craft it is but I’ve taken a liking to Smithwicks Premium Red Ale. Delicious.

Back
Top Bottom