Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 40 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

We spent the last winter in Squamish, BC and fell in love with a local beer from the Whistler Brewing Company. It's a seasonal beer called Winter Dunkel available only in - you guessed it - the wintertime.

11478_WH_Dunkell_650ml-e1575421800187.jpg

Dark beer with chocolate and orange overtones. Delicious!

Not sure if LCBO carries it, but if you see it on the shelves next winter, give it a try!

Has the Creative Arts Guava Gose made an appearance yet?

I bought it on a whim to try and was expecting to be disappointed as I’m generally not happy with people farting about with beer recipes too much.....but this works. Very refreshing, tart, slightly salty...can’t taste the coriander but there’s something there. Very good...would buy again and a fantastic beer served nice and cold on a hot day.

This thread is a great source for riders who have no real destination...pick up a few beers on the route and get back home to enjoy.

todays list:

Junction Brewery Dry hop Sour.
Junction Brewery Blood Orange Sour
Caribru IPA
Caribru Lager.

The Orange Sour was my favorite of the bunch.

Very balanced. Tart, but not overpowering.

Commongood Lupulus dry hop pils. 4.8%
Crisp. Clean. A little citrusy on the finish.

Hanalei Island ipa. A Hawaiian beer brewed with passion fruit, orange and guava. Nice summer brew served ice cold! Subtle fruit flavours, nicely done.

YGK Amber from Riverhead Brewing Company in Kingston. Another nice beer, some hoppy bitterness to it, not overdone but nice and crisp.

Was teaching in St. Thomas over the past couple of days.. .picked up several beers from Railway City Brewing.
Iron Spike is an amber-ish beer. Not bad.
Steampunk Sour - a berry sour. Pretty solid as far as sours go.
Honey Elixer Brown Ale - a decent beer, but nothing to write home about
Orange Creamsicle Ale - I didn't know what to expect. Creamsicle and an Ale? Odd aftertaste, but a great treat once in a while. Not a regular drinking beer by any stretch
The Witty Traveller - a solid Weiss beer.

Overall, they are all under 5% alcohol. None of them stood out as a beer that I would make a regular purchase. If I was forced to choose 1, I would say the Iron Spike would be my go-to there.

Tried the new Flying Monkeys "The Mutants are Revolting" last night.

Not sure what the hell they were aiming for, but it was a huge miss for me on every level.

Tried the new Flying Monkeys "The Mutants are Revolting" last night.

Not sure what the hell they were aiming for, but it was a huge miss for me on every level.

My neighbour was drinking that - I think it’s marketed as a “crushable” IPA as in sessionable, as I’m low ABV. FM has been pushing the envelope for years...Hoptical Illusion was one of my first forays into “hoppy” beers. Sometimes they nail it (Sparklepuff is a super drinkable triple IPA) and sometimes they miss (the Panda Cupcake thing was weird).

Rob

Each Beast a God - a high ABV coffee stout from Third Moon in Milton. Damn fine.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

My neighbour was drinking that - I think it’s marketed as a “crushable” IPA as in sessionable, as I’m low ABV. FM has been pushing the envelope for years...Hoptical Illusion was one of my first forays into “hoppy” beers. Sometimes they nail it (Sparklepuff is a super drinkable triple IPA) and sometimes they miss (the Panda Cupcake thing was weird).

Rob

Oh absolutely.

Smashbomb Atomic, and Hoptical were some of the 1st craft beers I tried and were the basis for me becoming a hop head.

Sparklepuff is a phenomenal beer in all aspects ...even with the residual yeast floaties

Oh absolutely.

Smashbomb Atomic, and Hoptical were some of the 1st craft beers I tried and were the basis for me becoming a hop head.

Sparklepuff is a phenomenal beer in all aspects ...even with the residual yeast floaties

Always nice to have a few chewable bits in your beer.
My buddy took one look at them and said “that’s a kidney stone waiting to happen”
Lol

I remember when Smashbomb was a ridiculously hoppy beer.
My tastebuds have changed so much that all I get now is malt.

Another pioneer in this area was Ellicottville Brewing.
I had a “hop bomb” at their brewery about 15 years ago and my world was turned upside down.

Cheers @miggs!

Rob

This might be the wrong thread, but this hard cider is delicious:

For Ciders, my go-to would be pretty much anything from West Avenue just off highway 6 (by the African Lion Safari).

If I can’t get West Avenue, Liberty Village is great (very dry, great flavour and low calories), followed VERY closely by Brickworks Batch 1904.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom