Covid economy non real estate | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Covid economy non real estate

My numbers are pulled out of a hat but 98% of the world's wealth is controlled by the 2%.

If all the wealth in the world was redistributed equally to every individual, everyone would get between $20 K and $50 K, depending on your source of info.

My prediction is that in a year 75% of the wealth would be in 25% of the hands and in less than ten years it would be 95 / 5.
Agree. Most people get used to a certain bank balance and are quickly drawn back to that number. Like lottery winners, if they see they are above the historic average, spend, spend, spend.

Sadly Greyghost , your acquaintance is one of hundreds if not thousands of people living on the edge . Often through no fault of thier own, and often completely thier own fault , people end up in shite situations .
It sucks , and it’s really sad when you know them personally and would like to see them get clear. Often they just fall down the same well two years later.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
That's my feeling as well. One thing that may make a small dent in the future is financial education for school kids. Till recently it was parents job to teach kids how to handle money, so mom and dads skills get passed down for better or worse.

I found that Rockwell Automation (a.k.a. AllenBradley) has a webpage that discusses their supply-chain and delivery-time situation.

Click the "View the lead times now" button.

For the non industrially oriented ...

The ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and GuardLogix components are PLCs (programmable logic controllers) which are used for controlling the sequencing of equipment. "When input 1 (operator start button) is pressed and emergency-stop is clear and guard-permissive is clear and part-presence is true then initiate auto cycle. Step 1 fire this air cylinder and wait until sensor X input goes high. Step 2 turn on motor contactor A." and so forth. That sort of thing is what it does. They are everywhere, and all but the simplest automated processes and equipment can't function without them. Six months delivery. "180+" basically means they don't know when they'll get them.

The I/O (input-output) modules are how those PLC components interface with wired components (valve solenoids, relays, motor contactors, sensors, etc). Can't get those for a long time, either.

A PanelView is a touchscreen operator interface. It's how operators interact with the equipment. Shows the status of sensors and processes, includes "buttons" for turning things on and off, etc. Pretty hard for all but the simplest equipment to function without those.

A Kinetix servo drive is the control unit for a servo motor - it's a type of electric motor, but one with high position accuracy. A regular motor just "spins". A servo motor is "go to position XXX" or "follow this motion profile". This is the type of motor that allows a robot to move its arm in a precisely controlled path, or a CNC machine to operate its tools and spindles following precise paths and so forth.

The PowerFlex drives are the ones I posted about before. Those are for operating a regular AC motor, but instead of the motor speed being (almost) locked to 60 Hz AC frequency, they can operate the motor at whatever speed you want, and they can ramp the speed up or down smoothly instead of starting with a big jolt and coasting forever to a stop the way a motor locked to line frequency does.

I work with this stuff too. Most of the equipment I look after runs AB controls. I hope none of my customers has a control system breakdown.
I have a MicroLogix 1400, 2 PV+ 600's and a couple output modules sitting on a shelf ready to go.
I have a like/hate relationship with RA, the products and programming software is good but the ridiculous license fees make it tough for little guys like me. Having said that, my capabilities would be severely impacted if I didn't have RSLogix 500. I also have RSLogix 5000 and RSView Studio but don't really need those so they remain unactivated.

Oh jeebus! Have you considered doing it yourself? You’re a handy guy so it’s “just” time and effort (plus material cost obv)

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Oh I was just curious as the guys were setting up a fence at my sis' house...figured I'd ask for 'curiosity'.

I'm 100% doing it myself.

Do you want wood i think I have enough steel fence for this if you are interested

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
What kind of steel fence? I was actually thinking of doing some steel posts instead of 4x4 or 6x6 posts....until I saw $200/pole! It's a damn pole...

What kind of steel fence? I was actually thinking of doing some steel posts instead of 4x4 or 6x6 posts....until I saw $200/pole! It's a damn pole...
Same as this stuff bought way too much
b85f1a869d7c527f703d7494962e4bcb.jpg

I drove all my posts and you can borrow my post driver if you want it is 2 stroke and take no time to sink the posts 3 feet deep.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Will measure out the actual fence tomorrow once I get home from work. Had a branch come down so need to cut that thing down to size first lol.

We're going to go with a wood fence not metal. You've got natural privacy with trees around your property...I don't feel like looking at my neighbours lol.

I want the fence guy to come by and give me the 21k quote to my face, instead of an off the cuff price of $70/LF.

Will measure out the actual fence tomorrow once I get home from work. Had a branch come down so need to cut that thing down to size first lol.

We're going to go with a wood fence not metal. You've got natural privacy with trees around your property...I don't feel like looking at my neighbours lol.

I want the fence guy to come by and give me the 21k quote to my face, instead of an off the cuff price of $70/LF.
FWIW, 13 years ago, last house I had, same kinda fence, I paid 44/LF. 280 feet, 6 foot high, no lattice, boards both sides.

FWIW, 13 years ago, last house I had, same kinda fence, I paid 44/LF. 280 feet, 6 foot high, no lattice, boards both sides.
Yikes? In 2015 i did a 200' section 5' tall, lumber was $6lf I had 25 holes dug and posts set for $500 by Mr Posthole.

I just priced lumber for a fence at my other place, $17/lf.

Ouch.

I dont think theres a better thread for this.

How does a VW dealer end up with an E63S with 124 km on it? They want 180K for it. Most people walking into a vw dealer are planning on spending 25 to 33% of that.

On a very closely related note, 600 hp wagon, yes please. I'd probably prefer rs6 but the price tag on either puts them in the never category for me.

Well.. because that VW dealer is part of the Dilwari group , largest auto group in the country and when you dont have enough Vw's for the showroom you do this . And people will actually drive over to the showroom to see one, maybe look at something they can afford. Excellent marketing.

Kennedy Ford in Oakville has a loaded Gwagon in the showroom and a new Corvette . That would have been almost illegal at a Ford dealer three years ago.

Back
Top Bottom