Coronavirus | Page 286 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
CFL wants $42,500,000 from JT. Screw them and their rich owners. If they want to keep their toys, they can fund them.

I wonder how they came up with that number (and the 100+ million before that)

I wonder how they came up with that number (and the 100+ million before that)
I dont really care. Fundamentally this is being split by 12 rich people/corporations. They can apply for income subsidy of 60K per employee like every other employer in Canada (while I dont agree with how that program is implemented at least it is a level playing field).

I watch a lot of film noir and up to the 1950s everyone smoked and men wore hats. You can get an idea of the period by dating the cars. Will movies set in 2020 have everyone wearing N95 masks?

These personal freedom ppl can't comprehend others have just as much freedom to refuse to serve them. Want anarchy. Ok, here's how it works hospitals and costco can tell you to **** off.
But it’s about THEIR freedom....not yours, mine or anyone else. THEIR rights and freedoms are being infringed upon so they get all huff and puff.

i would love to see stores get security and the no mask, no shirt, no shoes no service actually be enforced.

take your mask off in store, BOOM, get out.

without actual consequences....it won’t do much to change behaviour.

But it’s about THEIR freedom....not yours, mine or anyone else. THEIR rights and freedoms are being infringed upon so they get all huff and puff.

i would love to see stores get security and the no mask, no shirt, no shoes no service actually be enforced.

take your mask off in store, BOOM, get out.

without actual consequences....it won’t do much to change behaviour.
Police and bylaw openly saying they will not enforce mask laws only makes things worse.

Police and bylaw openly saying they will not enforce mask laws only makes things worse.

You can’t have a public health emergency and make things like this optional...that’s the whole issue here. Quarantine...optional. Social distancing...optional.

Whats not optional....second waves or new outbreaks cause more deaths, more closures and delay the return to normality and more losing their jobs.

Wear a mask and help everything get back to a time where you don’t need to wear one sooner you selfish ********.

Just came back from grocery shopping. Mask-while-indoors law is now in effect (Peel Region). 100% mask usage in Fortino's.

if this is the one I think it is, in brampton, thats a miracle.

We're 24 hours into the mandatory masks in all public indoor spaces today in Durham Region as well. Went to a bunch of places today. Almost everywhere everyone was wearing masks with no drama. And you know what? I like it. Do I love wearing a mask? Nope. But do I like the universal coverage now that gives me a little more comfort knowing that if someone is an asymptomatic carrier (or is actually feeling unwell, potentially positive, but is being a ********* and is out and about anyways) their chance of spreading is now drastically lower.

All cool.

Except at Lowes in Whitby.

99.9% no drama, everyone had a mask on, all cool.

But my wife said 1 guy was at the front cash registers apparently debating the topic with one of the cashiers. Because the $14/hour cashier really gives a flying **** about your opinion on the matter.

And as I was in the outdoor section a staff member came running yelling at a guy that he needed a mask...he'd basically just blown past the staff at the front doors and was just power walking into the store and completely ignoring her. She got up beside him and reiterated the mask requirement and he just gave the the brush off and kept walking. ******* *******.

I hope asshats like this get ejected, charged with trespassing, and banned from future visits. Want to not play by the rules? Fine, but GTFO and don't come back.

Don't even get me started on all the people who have mysteriously developed a "medical reason" they can't wear a mask in the last 3 weeks, or have read some BS meme on Facebook about how wearing a mask will asphyxiate you in under 15 minutes or whatever cockamamie crap they've read, and they blindly believe it.

On another note, came across this photo on my phone I snapped back in January while at a ultrasound clinic getting my shoulder scoped.

covidtv.jpg

At the moment I took it I was laughing at the "serious response" thing that reminded me of the game "Plague Inc". For anyone who's ever played it, you understand.

Little did we know.

Toronto MLS game postponed after a player on each team tested positive/probable. That's a good start to professional sports.

The last I heard, NHL players get a $750,000 fine if they break the bubble. That seems like a decent sized stick (although it still needs an escalator for subsequent offenses as it hurts but is not crippling for some players. They probably should have set it at 10% of salary).

The florida trainwreck continues. They just set a new one day record for any state (>15,000 positive tests, NY peaked at 11,500). A month ago 5% of tests were coming back positive, now 19% are coming back positive. They just hit the highest 7 day death rate for the state (>500) but deaths are delayed by two to four weeks from infection, so that will be absolutely shattered for many weeks going forward.

Disney opened with distancing and mask restrictions. It's getting bad enough in Florida that I'm not convinced that care can get it back under control. The state may need a complete lockdown for 14 days to get the numbers down quickly.

Toronto MLS game postponed after a player on each team tested positive/probable. That's a good start to professional sports.

The last I heard, NHL players get a $750,000 fine if they break the bubble. That seems like a decent sized stick (although it still needs an escalator for subsequent offenses as it hurts but is not crippling for some players. They probably should have set it at 10% of salary).

almost a years pay for rookie contract.

We're 24 hours into the mandatory masks in all public indoor spaces today in Durham Region as well. Went to a bunch of places today. Almost everywhere everyone was wearing masks with no drama. And you know what? I like it. Do I love wearing a mask? Nope. But do I like the universal coverage now that gives me a little more comfort knowing that if someone is an asymptomatic carrier (or is actually feeling unwell, potentially positive, but is being a ********* and is out and about anyways) their chance of spreading is now drastically lower.

All cool.

Except at Lowes in Whitby.

99.9% no drama, everyone had a mask on, all cool.

But my wife said 1 guy was at the front cash registers apparently debating the topic with one of the cashiers. Because the $14/hour cashier really gives a flying **** about your opinion on the matter.

And as I was in the outdoor section a staff member came running yelling at a guy that he needed a mask...he'd basically just blown past the staff at the front doors and was just power walking into the store and completely ignoring her. She got up beside him and reiterated the mask requirement and he just gave the the brush off and kept walking. ******* *******.

I hope asshats like this get ejected, charged with trespassing, and banned from future visits. Want to not play by the rules? Fine, but GTFO and don't come back.

Don't even get me started on all the people who have mysteriously developed a "medical reason" they can't wear a mask in the last 3 weeks, or have read some BS meme on Facebook about how wearing a mask will asphyxiate you in under 15 minutes or whatever cockamamie crap they've read, and they blindly believe it.

Spray paint a big orange X on him so he will be recognized and not served. Spray him with disinfectant right in the face. Photo ID and licence plate number registered. DNR.

they will not enforce mask laws

I stopped by Canada Computers to pick up an online order - the employee they had out there in front checked to ensure I had my mask on, used that device on my forehead to check my temperature and dispensed hand sanitized on my hands.

Not sure how I feel about all this, lol.

Are we allowed to turn down hand sanitizers?
Not to sound overly skeptical - but how am I to know what quality chemical they use in those formulation when using some unknown brand - especially when at times your hands feel a bit tacky and smell weird shortly after.

In other news:

Wonder what else 2020 has in store for us..

I stopped by Canada Computers to pick up an online order - the employee they had out there in front checked to ensure I had my mask on, used that device on my forehead to check my temperature and dispensed hand sanitized on my hands.

Not sure how I feel about all this, lol.

"Reassured."

It is a good thing. It could be worse. You could be in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom