Coronavirus | Page 287 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped by Canada Computers to pick up an online order - the employee they had out there in front checked to ensure I had my mask on, used that device on my forehead to check my temperature and dispensed hand sanitized on my hands.

Not sure how I feel about all this, lol.

Are we allowed to turn down hand sanitizers?
Not to sound overly skeptical - but how am I to know what quality chemical they use in those formulation when using some unknown brand - especially when at times your hands feel a bit tacky and smell weird shortly after.

In other news:

Wonder what else 2020 has in store for us..
Random hand sanitizer is not a well thought through plan I agree. I understand your reservation but on the whole, it is probably much more helpful than it is harmful.

I went into one store where they didn't let you wear your own gloves, you had to wear their disposable gloves (only available in one size).

Costco offers anyone without a mask a free mask. I haven't seen a single person take one. Speaking of that, dumb &*^^ parents are starting to go shopping with both parents and all of their spawn, almost invariably mask and glove free. I get it if you only have one parent available, but if you are both there, get your head on straight and reduce your contacts by at least 75% by having one person go shopping while the rest stay far away from people. The dumb constantly amazes me.

I stopped by Canada Computers to pick up an online order - the employee they had out there in front checked to ensure I had my mask on, used that device on my forehead to check my temperature and dispensed hand sanitized on my hands.

Not to sound overly skeptical - but how am I to know what quality chemical they use in those formulation when using some unknown brand - especially when at times your hands feel a bit tacky and smell weird shortly after.

In other news:

Which location was this? Just came back from the Whitby location, no forehead device was used. TBH I would have an issue with someone pointing it at me. As PP mention Durham adopted the mandatory face masks on Friday, it seems to be working fine.

Which location was this?

Canada Computers North York: 6600 Yonge St, North York, ON M2M 3X4
They were the next closest branch that had the memory card I was looking for.

He stated that if my temps were 38C and/or above, I wouldnt be allowed in.

In other news:

Give one good reason for not wanting hand sanitizer.

Well, there have been quite a few recalls lately as suppliers push non-approved alcohol into products. It may contain things that are bad for you. The risk of the store having one of those bottles and the chemical causing you health issues is low.

A store isn't going to intentionally want to hurt its customers. The supplier of hand sanitizer isn't going to want to hurt its customers, either ... even if it's being made by someone outside the usual supply chain of that stuff (e.g. breweries/distilleries who have switched their production over). A lot of it is alcohol (from a distillery) blended with something that makes it a gel.

If you are worried about a company supplying something toxic in the hand sanitizer that they are making, you should equally worry about the compoany supplying something toxic in the liquor that they normally brew ... the risk is analogous.

Well, there have been quite a few recalls lately as suppliers push non-approved alcohol into products. It may contain things that are bad for you. The risk of the store having one of those bottles and the chemical causing you health issues is low.

Don't drink it.

The most likely contaminant, if present, is a very small amount of methanol (methyl alcohol) which is used in denatured alcohol so that it's unsuitable for drinking. Methanol evaporates very quickly (e.g. when spread out on your hands). Just don't drink it.

Lol. I have a wacky bil that worries about EVERYTHING. He told me yesterday that he is getting a buzz from all the sanitizer. The alcohol is getting into his blood.

My wife has terrible excema (sp?) on her hands. It would burn like a mofo and get into the cuts. She doesn't use it.
I usually bring gloves.
I would have no problem using the sanitizer on my gloves. I've heard it can deteriorate the gloves, but I don't think it would have any impact in the ~45 mins I'm in the store.

I also have no problem with a temp check, as long as they are the forehead ones and they are actually keeping their distance.

Rant --
Oh yeah, and to the ******* ******** at my local Costco that left their gloves and mask in the cart: you better pray to God that I don't see you do that when I'm there. I have a very short fuse and I'm an ******* myself and I just may stuff them down your throat.
/ End Rant

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The formula for a health canada approved hand sanitizer doesn’t include fragrance. Some do and some don’t. The ones that don’t smell funky, that’s all.

My wife has terrible excema (sp?) on her hands. It would burn like a mofo and get into the cuts. She doesn't use it.
I usually bring gloves.
I would have no problem using the sanitizer on my gloves. I've heard it can deteriorate the gloves, but I don't think it would have any impact in the ~45 mins I'm in the store.

I also have no problem with a temp check, as long as they are the forehead ones and they are actually keeping their distance.

Rant --
Oh yeah, and to the ******* ******** at my local Costco that left their gloves and mask in the cart: you better pray to God that I don't see you do that when I'm there. I have a very short fuse and I'm an ******* myself and I just may stuff them down your throat.
/ End Rant

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
A rash or serious burn is a very obvious reason to be exempt. And I'm totally with you on the ******** leaving masks and gloves in shopping carts.

Not surprising when their governor has this level of reasoning.
"But I'm confident if you can do Home Depot, if you can do Walmart, if you can do these things, we absolutely can do the schools."

Trump and his Florida minion have stated the schools must open with personal attendance. However the Republican convention is open to change if the virus flares up.

Health Canada saying something should be recalled since it contains elements that have not been tested and therefore might have unknown effects is very different from when it is recalled because it has been tested and is known to have effects.

And at the beginning of this pandemic Health Canada granted permission to sell such products due to a shortage of supply. But once supply was secured of prior products all of a sudden a recall was warranted.

The president is now wearing a mask. Queue the gaslighting.

He's still dogwhistling that he's only doing it to appease the stupid doctors and that he really doesn't think it's important.

He's still dogwhistling that he's only doing it to appease the stupid doctors and that he really doesn't think it's important.
He was in a hospital at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if the hospital told him that they didn't care if he was the president, he wasn't getting in without a mask. Then he had to decide whether to temporarily wear a mask or miss the photo op. I am sure he ultimately has enough power to overrule and enter without a mask but the press would have been really bad for him when that was leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom