Coronavirus | Page 288 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure he ultimately has enough power to overrule and enter without a mask but the press would have been really bad for him when that was leaked.
I doubt that, he could care less what the press says or what people think in general, half the crap outta his mouth is non-sense, if that happened it would have been par for the course. ?‍♂️

I think it's highly probable that someone in that hospital said "I don't care who you are, you are not getting past that door into this building without wearing a mask." But ... I'm the president of the United States of America!! "I don't care. Here's a mask. Wear it. Otherwise, thataway. <points out to the parking lot>"

I doubt that, he could care less what the press says or what people think in general, half the crap outta his mouth is non-sense, if that happened it would have been par for the course. ?‍♂️

McNinney will spin it in the right direction. Next Question?

On another topic, the anti-mask nonsense has reached a fever pitch online in the last 48 hours. Seems that there's some new FB pages where the anti science crowd are gathering and then sharing links with each other to posts elsewhere on FB they then swarm.

Not surprisingly the participants are also strongly involved in other whackadoodle BS like being Antivax, 5G conspiracies, etc etc.

Border closed until at least Aug 21. Meanwhile Westjet is ramping up their schedule including adding many flights to the US in August.

Westjet is ramping up their schedule including adding many flights to the US in August.

Self absorbed people returning infected from the USA, not quarantining as required, and starting community spread in 3.....2......1......

On another topic, the anti-mask nonsense has reached a fever pitch online in the last 48 hours. Seems that there's some new FB pages where the anti science crowd are gathering and then sharing links with each other to posts elsewhere on FB they then swarm.

Not surprisingly the participants are also strongly involved in other whackadoodle BS like being Antivax, 5G conspiracies, etc etc.
A bit of that on my neighborhood fb page. They are the same ones that rant about people killing mice instead of relocating them.

They are welcome to all mine, take the squirrels and the f'in oppossum with em.
I'll toss in a few raccoons and skunks. Opossums are pretty dumb, around here many draw their last breath in swimming pools.

I'll toss in a few raccoons and skunks. Opossums are pretty dumb, around here many draw their last breath in swimming pools.
I just relocated another raccoon this morning. Some choose to not enter the trap and get dealt with differently. I've lost track of the chipmunks and squirrels I've dealt with, but so far only one skunk.

Getting a little sick of people being so forgiving of the government lying about masks, and not so forgiving of other who are confused and don't believe what the government tells them now.

The same people that were mad at others for buying masks when the government told them it was unnecessary, are now mad at others for not buying masks when told to by the same government.

How long will this blame the victim mentality go on? When will the government be held accountable for lying.
You can say believe the scientist/doctor/expert, but when that person tells you something is useless, and then a week or two later, oh sorry I was wrong, it's extremely useful, can you continue to trust their judgement, or should you be looking for different scientists/doctors/experts that either don't speak so unequivocally, or get things right the first time?

For me, both sides are being stupid, digging in their heels, and calling each other names.
Someone has to step forward, and say "look, the government experts were wrong, but masks might help, so let's try it."

Anyways, if you want to continue to be bullheaded, then go for it, but try and do it in a kind way.

I'll be busy practicing wearing my mask, which keeps fogging up my glasses.

Getting a little sick of people being so forgiving of the government lying about masks, and not so forgiving of other who are confused and don't believe what the government tells them now.

The same people that were mad at others for buying masks when the government told them it was unnecessary, are now mad at others for not buying masks when told to by the same government.

How long will this blame the victim mentality go on? When will the government be held accountable for lying.
You can say believe the scientist/doctor/expert, but when that person tells you something is useless, and then a week or two later, oh sorry I was wrong, it's extremely useful, can you continue to trust their judgement, or should you be looking for different scientists/doctors/experts that either don't speak so unequivocally, or get things right the first time?

For me, both sides are being stupid, digging in their heels, and calling each other names.
Someone has to step forward, and say "look, the government experts were wrong, but masks might help, so let's try it."

Anyways, if you want to continue to be bullheaded, then go for it, but try and do it in a kind way.

I'll be busy practicing wearing my mask, which keeps fogging up my glasses.

thank you. I had not thought of it in this way before. All this public shaming and anger against people not wearing masks.

Maybe I looked at it differently understanding beforehand what a mask can and cannot do.... I do not see it as the government outright lying as the message,, while slightly changing, is not scientifically inconsistent.

Normal masks have very little value in protecting you from the virus. This was the early message--it is accurate.
In between, see below...
Normal masks can protect others from you if you are infected where social distancing cannot be (or is not) maintained, this is the message today by reducing droplet projection--it is accurate and was noted during the first point early on.

The above two I always knew as they are common sense, more or less.

The in between was to use social distancing instead of the masks to protect others from you, and to protect your from others--also acurate when done properly.

Now that they are opening up again and SD is more difficult, they have also seen how SD has failed in many cases (people are not doing it) and they also have a better understanding of the impact of droplets/distance they are recommending the masks, and maybe going a bit overboard on it IMO.

To me, scientifically, the message has been consistent while progressing/advancing. Without that I can see how don't wear it, wear it may seem inconsistent and confusing to the Karens.

Last edited:
A change in messaging can also reflect a changing situation or changing knowledge. Mistakes and misjudgments are inevitable. Would you rather they stayed steadfast with a recommendation that was shown to be sub-optimal, or change the recommendation to reflect the latest knowledge and the most current situation?

I've got a few more stylish masks on order. We are going to be needing them for a while.

Maybe I looked at it differently understanding beforehand what a mask can and cannot do.... I do not see it as the government outright lying as the message,, while slightly changing, is not scientifically inconsistent.

Normal masks have very little value in protecting you from the virus. This was the early message--it is accurate.
In between, see below...
Normal masks can protect others from you if you are infected where social distancing cannot be (or is not) maintained, this is the message today by reducing droplet projection--it is accurate and was noted during the first point early on.

The above two I always knew as they are common sense, more or less.

The in between was to use social distancing instead of the masks to protect others from you, and to protect your from others--also acurate when done properly.

Now that they are opening up again and SD is more difficult, they have also seen how SD has failed in many cases (people are not doing it) and they also have a better understanding of the impact of droplets/distance they are recommending the masks, and maybe going a bit overboard on it IMO.

To me, scientifically, the message has been consistent while progressing/advancing. Without that I can see how don't wear it, wear it may seem inconsistent and confusing to the Karens.
Sure, but the early message was that N95 masks had very little value in protecting the public from the virus.
While that was being said, the governments in the U.S. were gathering masks, here we were shipping them to China, and possibly gathering them as well.
People who were stockpiling them, even for their own use, were vilified.
Then "all of a sudden", after the government got a handle on the supply, things changed.
It wasn't that better information came out, although there have been some attempts and reviews of glob studies, it was that the people in power had established enough of a supply.
For some of your sentences, you need to replace will, and to, by may.
Normal masks, may protect others. I've heard other experts say that the N95 masks with valves, won't. How different/better are masks that leak over the top, bottom, and out the sides?
We're still uncertain as to how much, if any protection masks, on people who don't really know how to use them, will provide.
We're still unsure about surfaces as well, although the consensus is looking more and more, like it MAY not play a big part of the spread.

I'll wear my mask, but I won't try and pretend that we weren't told that they won't do squat at the beginning of the epidemic.
But my trust that the current people doing the talking, have my best interests at heart, and will give true advice, has been broken.

A change in messaging can also reflect a changing situation or changing knowledge. Mistakes and misjudgments are inevitable. Would you rather they stayed steadfast with a recommendation that was shown to be sub-optimal, or change the recommendation to reflect the latest knowledge and the most current situation?

I've got a few more stylish masks on order. We are going to be needing them for a while.
No, I'd rather they just stayed within the bounds of their own knowledge about the situation, rather than extrapolating into error.

I've got eight masks, although one seems to have gone missing.
I'm reworking a pipe cleaner inside one to block off the air that seems to want to fog up my glasses.

Sure, but the early message was that N95 masks had very little value in protecting the public from the virus.
While that was being said, the governments in the U.S. were gathering masks, here we were shipping them to China, and possibly gathering them as well.
People who were stockpiling them, even for their own use, were vilified.
Then "all of a sudden", after the government got a handle on the supply, things changed.
It wasn't that better information came out, although there have been some attempts and reviews of glob studies, it was that the people in power had established enough of a supply.
For some of your sentences, you need to replace will, and to, by may.
Normal masks, may protect others. I've heard other experts say that the N95 masks with valves, won't. How different/better are masks that leak over the top, bottom, and out the sides?
We're still uncertain as to how much, if any protection masks, on people who don't really know how to use them, will provide.
We're still unsure about surfaces as well, although the consensus is looking more and more, like it MAY not play a big part of the spread.

I'll wear my mask, but I won't try and pretend that we weren't told that they won't do squat at the beginning of the epidemic.
But my trust that the current people doing the talking, have my best interests at heart, and will give true advice, has been broken.
I think much of the original mess regarding N95 was to dissuade the public from trying to acquire them so governments had a better chance of getting the supply they needed. Once government supply improved, the narrative was still for the public to use cloth (I think current N95 supply does not exceed what governments think they need). I won't be surprised if a future message switches people from cloth to N95 once supply increases and the price drops back to historical levels.

As for N95 with valves, that seems to me to be inadequate for the current situation. They were designed for keeping outside contaminants out with no thought to keeping inside contaminants in. Not only does the majority of your breathe exit through the valve, it is a pretty straight path from your mouth through the valve to someone elses head. Breathing out through a valveless mask has much of the air pass through the mask with some leak around the edges but it is a pretty tortuous patch from your mouth, around the edge of a mask and then out to stick on someone else. Droplets don't like making corners.

I am surprised with all the money governments are lighting on fire there have been some simple solid PPE campaigns around proper construction, fitment, use, frequency of changing, washing, disposing, etc. Most people are completely clueless on most of those fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom