Coronavirus | Page 129 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an actuate source for COVID-19 cases. I heard on the radio 400 or something new cases were reported, and we have 10,000 cases. It seems significant, but the numbers they are throwning around don't seem to complete the picture. I looked at Public Health website and it seems the cases are going down per day, not up. Also is there any reporting on how many cases have been recovered? The 10,000 number is total case reported, ongoing, etc. I wish there was a single source for this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have an actuate source for COVID-19 cases. I heard on the radio 400 or something new cases were reported, and we have 10,000 cases. It seems significant, but the numbers they are throwning around don't seem to complete the picture. I looked at Public Health website and it seems the cases are going down per day, not up. Also is there any reporting on how many cases have been recovered? The 10,000 number is total case reported, ongoing, etc. I wish there was a single source for this stuff.
The problem with all of the stats is the huge gap in testing. A very high percentage of the probable cases never get tested or show up in the official tally.

A voice of reason/expertise/knowledge - "Dr. Anthony Fauci has been the subject of online conspiracies about the threat of coronavirus and has been recommended to get a security detail."

Something tells me there is going to some serious stay at home enforcement coming down the pipe very soon. World is going to get a whole bunch smaller for a lot of people.

Mount Pleasant Cemetery just locked everybody out. Way too many people, way too close to each other.

Mount Pleasant Cemetery just locked everybody out. Way too many people, way too close to each other.
I have relatives in there, They are stacked in there pretty tight and several layers deep.

Something tells me there is going to some serious stay at home enforcement coming down the pipe very soon. World is going to get a whole bunch smaller for a lot of people.
Except for the people that just have to get out and go for a ride.This is the Me Too movement part 2.

"But the courts are clear. A temporary layoff of a non-union employee is, by law, a dismissal and employees who are laid off are entitled to full wrongful dismissal damages of up to 24 months or more depending upon their circumstances."
Don't be so sure of that. Employers have the right to "temporary layoffs" up to 13 weeks in any 20 week period, or up to 35 weeks in any 52 week period. If an employee receives EI, the counter stops. If the employee receives legit company paid insurance benefits the counter stops.

The case noted in that article is unique -- the fellow laid off was off for more then the allowed 13 weeks AND he did not enroll for EI. Not many people are in a position to operate under those terms.

Most biz owners are pretty savvy when it comes to employment laws. If a laid off employee is coached by a lawyer and has deep enough pockets to survive without EI for 13 weeks, then gambles their employer won't call him back before the 13 week limit, he'll be pushing a string in court.

Except for the people that just have to get out and go for a ride.This is the Me Too movement part 2.
They might be running blockades and rubber bullets soon.

Well let's hope it doesn't come to that...but I'm not overly hopeful.
Sadly I think it is on it's way there maybe even by tomorrow, people are not being reasonable and compliant without a show of force so that is what we are going to get, it's almost inevitable.

The worst. Peel Public Health mailed letters telling 16 people they had tested negative to people that actually tested positive. WTF!!! First of all, you are mailing bleeping letters that take days to arrive with results? Secondly, those people were probably all stir crazy and ran out their front doors as soon as they got the news and infected hundreds more. I guess the only upside is PPH might have figured out the colossal f-up before the snail mail arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom