Coronavirus | Page 127 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian conservatives are more likely to follow rules, just look at the COVID heat maps - highest concentration are in areas that are liberal strongholds. Any explanation for that?

Liberals like cities, cities like Liberals, viruses love cities
it's a population thing, not a political thing

even before this situation
rural Conservative areas were on lock-down

ever roll through a small Ontario town @ 10 PM looking for gas?
yeah, places where the GDP is generated
by selling pies and pine-cones are not going to be affected so much

Liberals like cities, cities like Liberals, viruses love cities
it's a population thing, not a political thing

even before this situation
rural Conservative areas were on lock-down

ever roll through a small Ontario town @ 10 PM looking for gas?
yeah, places where the GDP is generated
by selling pies and pine-cones are not going to be affected so much
Next article "Liberals are more prone to get the virus"

Douggie press conference.

Docs will have press conference tomorrow with results of modeling and predicted impact on Ontario
12M for online mental health support
CE: "We have closed all non-essential workplaces. It is critical for people to stay home." How can she say this with a straight face?

A reporter called them out "when you say non-essential businesses does that mean you are closing places like cannabis stores etc?" DF: we are looking at the list every day.

DF: The numbers you will see tomorrow will be sobering and stark

Cynthia Mulligan "Are you breaking ranks with PM by releasing useful data?" DF: "I am not breaking ranks. I am responsible for the people of this province and I am telling them what I think they should know"

DF: Releasing the numbers is the fair thing to do. He doesn't know if it will cause panic, but he thinks not releasing the data would be a bigger mistake.

Question from press re: QC border closure. DF: JT needs to deal with that. Regional closures without a national policy are very disruptive.

Last edited:
Someone's trying to score political points during a tragedy which is sad.
This doesn't mesh up with my personal observations at all.
We'd have to know the specifics of where, when, why, and how, to analyse the questions that were asked and the answers that were given.

Someone's trying to score political points during a tragedy which is sad.
This doesn't mesh up with my personal observations at all.
We'd have to know the specifics of where, when, why, and how, to analyse the questions that were asked and the answers that were given.
Its a poll with a sample equal to about 1 out of 18000 canadians. It doesnt jive with what Ive seen on instagram.

You know what also can be gathered from the data? Woman aged 18-34 are 50% more likely to consider Covid-19 overblown vs men of the same age group. We would never hear that from the media though. Wouldnt fit their narrative that conservative men are bad and young liberal woman are empowered and amazing.
Id bet women aged 18-34 are the group that has the largest % of liberal voters. From my experience 90% of women in that age group are liberal.

everyone has the own thoughts on what's essential
the ones on that list to me that are preposterous:

Realtors? I won't get started on what I think of those parasites
Cheque Cashing, yeah, I guess a family involved in drug trafficking supports money laundering
Construction/Demolition, people are not moving, shut it down except for public safety issues

everyone has the own thoughts on what's essential
the ones on that list to me that are preposterous:

Realtors? I won't get started on what I think of those parasites
Cheque Cashing, yeah, I guess a family involved in drug trafficking supports money laundering
Construction/Demolition, people are not moving, shut it down except for public safety issues
Dont forget dry cleaning. You know for all the people that are going into the office every day wearing suits.

Reactions: J_F
Cheque cashing is foreign to most of us (well anyone with any modicum of financial knowledge), but there are people that rely on it. There are people that rely on them for cash advances, or some that don't have a bank account

we have a really good community outreach program in my small city
there is quite a bit of 3rd and 4th generation social assistance users
they try to get them when teenagers, much later than that it's not effective

they are taught some very basic life skills that most of us get from adequate parenting

how to open a bank account
the importance of brushing your teeth
why it's bad to have potato chips for breakfast
the negative affects on your life when you take a cab to get smokes
how to do laundry

with that level of assistance available
and you still don't have a bank account?
sorry, Darwin is coming for you

How does talking about politics help deal with the problem we have. And that is a big "we". It's going to take a lot of cooperation from everyone to fix this. Won't be easy.

Last edited:
How does talking about politics help deal with the problem we have. And that is a big "we". It's going to take a lot of cooperation from everyone to fix this. Won't be easy.

Scheer looked small the other day....his whole spiel was trying to gain political points off everything being done by the government. So short sighted. He’d have looked like a real statesman if he offered positive statements, instead he looked like a petty jackass with no clue.

Scheer looked small the other day....his whole spiel was trying to gain political points off everything being done by the government. So short sighted. He’d have looked like a real statesman if he offered positive statements, instead he looked like a petty jackass with no clue.
He's employed to keep the government accountable, not nodding his head saying;

yep, doing a great job. A con government couldn't have done it better

Also he has no horse in this race anymore, so he likely doesn't care and I don't blame him.

Scheer should resign as leader and a bi-election run in his riding
he is not serving the party or worse his constituents

prairie fool thinks he's a Republican
we don't cotton that to that low-brow partisanship here
ask Mr. Old Stock Canadian how well that works in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom