Coronavirus | Page 465 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The airlines freaked out about that when JT said that stupid idea was going to become a requirement. How is the airline supposed to know if the certificate from Ganja Lab is legit or not? The person has a piece of paper but no effort was made by the feds to identify accredited labs and/or include checksums on the tests that the airline could use to easily verify results.
It’s lip service to show that they’re doing something....anything....except put in an actual forced quarantine.

Nothing short of that is going to work. People have shown they don’t care, and 1500+ planes to sunny destinations show it.

Nobody in politics has the balls to actually make the hard decision. Not JT. Not DF. None of them.

Great example of a business using the "we sell a little food therefore we're essential" exemption. Saw this go across in my Facebook feed earlier in a group I belong to.

image_2021-01-15_162958.jpg

image_2021-01-15_162840.jpg

image_2021-01-15_162718.jpg

Can't say I blame them, they can legitimately open, but are advertising all their non-essentials and causing people to travel out to them to "grab some deals". And next thing you know people are dragging and spreading Covid.

Not much different than WalMart I guess in the end.

Rumour has it Canadian Tire was thinking about putting in a food section again as well (anyone remember their trial with that about 10 or 15 years ago?) so they can get in under the same exemptions and stay wide open.

And Ford wonders why our numbers aren't decreasing.

Great example of a business using the "we sell a little food therefore we're essential" exemption. Saw this go across in my Facebook feed earlier in a group I belong to.

View attachment 46580

View attachment 46581

View attachment 46582

Can't say I blame them, they can legitimately open, but are advertising all their non-essentials and causing people to travel out to them to "grab some deals". And next thing you know people are dragging and spreading Covid.

Not much different than WalMart I guess in the end.

Rumour has it Canadian Tire was thinking about putting in a food section again as well (anyone remember their trial with that about 10 or 15 years ago?) so they can get in under the same exemptions and stay wide open.

And Ford wonders why our numbers aren't decreasing.

Absolutely no truth to the CT food rumour.

Winners added food to some locations to stay open.

I agree if the politicians wanted to press hard on big box stores they could. But the will has to be there.
do snacks count? ive seen snacks in Winners for like a decade.

Last edited:
do snacks count? ive seen snacks in Winners for like a decade.

Probably. What store was it that sells furniture that added a "fancy food" cooler and stayed open when this all started in Toronto a month or so back?

The loopholes are so big you could drive a cruise ship through them.

Probably. What store was it that sells furniture that added a "fancy food" cooler and stayed open when this all started in Toronto a month or so back?

The loopholes are so big you could drive a cruise ship through them.
If you sold dry pasta on a cruise ship, you could probably run it legally.

@Zoodles95 seem familiar? Douggie doesn't seem to want to touch transit. He doesn't even mention it and then do nothing like with every other aspect of life.

Some quotes from link below. The entire article is longer. Same crap defence by TTC, nobody has proven transit is a problem so it isn't. That's incredibly weak at this point. You are putting people in close proximity in a tube for extended time.

As new emergency orders to slow the spread of COVID-19 come into effect across Ontario, TTC riders and operators are expressing concern that more measures may be needed to keep transit safe.

Speaking with CP24 Thursday, Shelagh Pizey-Allen of the group TTCRiders said that transit users in the city are concerned about crowding, inadequate mask use among riders and the resumption of TTC fare inspections.

“We've been asking for the same safety precautions that we had back in March last year, and it's just absurd that the TTC and (CEO) Rick Leary would not re-implement the same safety precautions that we had a year ago or 10 months ago, when we had 300 cases a day in Ontario and now we're at, you know we're averaging 3,000, which is 10 times the amount.”

He said drivers are frustrated that they face close scrutiny over their mask wearing while they look around to see many customers not wearing masks properly or not wearing masks at all.

He said there should be physical distancing audits of TTC Spaces rather than audits of TTC employees.

Speaking with CP24, TTC Spokesperson Stuart Green said the commission has been working to keep the system safe and there is no indication that current practices are contributing to the spread of the virus.

If the street cars are so safe can I set up a snack bar or sell tee shirts on them?

Ski hill just called the season. Full refund for all season pass holders and lessons to be sent out shortly without asking for it. Outstanding customer service. By terms of purchase, I would likely have gotten a 90% discount next year, but money back is obviously better for me. I hope they survive. A year of zero revenue is brutal.

"I have a medical condition" and the instant protection by law that is triggered when those words are uttered is the big problem here. A lot of people seem to have magically developed medical conditions since last April that render them unable to wear anything that might even resemble a mask.

And that's apparently OK - employees are told to just step back and be non confrontational about it at that point.

The same way ******** are slowly eroding our herd immunity for things like Measles because of their "religious beliefs" and other nonsense that they use to avoid getting their crotch goblins vaccinated against these once rampant childhood diseases.

My dog has rabies and it would be cruel to lock it up or put it down while it can still has a few days to run around and bite people.

I want climb Mount Everest. Due to my medical conditions I demand an escalator with a pressurized cabin.

My dog has rabies and it would be cruel to lock it up or put it down while it can still has a few days to run around and bite people.

I want climb Mount Everest. Due to my medical conditions I demand an escalator with a pressurized cabin.
Logical. Your medical condition is protected by right. Everyone should pander to you. /one big ass sarcasm

They opened up skate rinks to limited use because we all know what germ free places they are.

No the virus not the vaccine. Can the virus withstand freezing and thaw out to still be deadly?

I was told they freeze a virus so they can thaw it later to study it.

You know all those ice caps that are melting.....yeah full of ancient viruses

I take the TTC twice a week for physio or chiro appointments.

I've yelled at least one person, as loud as possible, to "stop being a selfish piece of entitled **** and put on the ******* mask" every week. Works every time!

If the government or TTC staff won't do it, it's up to the rest of us.

Just ask "so you're a ******* pussy? PUT THE MASK ON." lol

From what I understand (I have front line friends in public health), the politicians are trying to avoid what's happening down south due to low morale and people slowly losing their ****. Groupthink is a pretty strong phenomenon right now. Push the "anti vax" and "anti mask" crowd further and they might actually do something stupid. At least that's the impression/info I've gotten from said friends.

I don't really get it, cause I'm in a happy relationship, live with her, and have been happy sitting in my room gaming/tinkering with **** all my life. But for the miserable single ppl, karens, people in ****** relationships.....I'd imagine they're ready to /wrist.

" I can't wear a mask"

"A compliant Muslim woman wears the equivalent of a mask every moment she's out of her bubble. So she's tough enough to kick your ass."

Unfortunately not everyone is as tough as you, and frankly all it takes is one guy with a weapon to bring you back down to earth.

I understand where you're coming from, but for me it's not worth fighting some idiot over a mask because frankly...I have too much to lose. You may get a few shots in, but all he/she needs is a weapon you're not aware of, or a single lucky punch and you're out for the count, or dead from falling the wrong way.

Like Mike Tyson said....Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face.

I'm not trying to be an ass to your comment, fully agree with you, but the majority of people (myself included) aren't going to risk my health/future to fight some idiot that I don't know what's what.

I worked with a guy that slugged someone in a bar tiff. He was convicted of manslaughter because the guy hit his head and never got up again.

You don't need the legal aftermath.

Are you strangely attracted to a woman that rides motorcycles and could kick your ass too? :LOL: I think I might be. Maybe it's normal.

Yup...guy that has nothing to lose will **** you up without even thinking about it.

Final story. Years ago got my brand awesome used Civic. Was showing it to some buddies and as we walked away I see a guy come up, put his drink on my spoiler, and start peeing on the bumper. Buddies walked away, and I walked up to him asking him WTF. He turned around and sucker punched me. I drop. Three of his buddies start kicking the crap out of me on the ground. Thankfully my buddy was a pansy and ran into the bar (SHOXX on Dundas) and my buddy comes out and, loving to fight, beats the **** out of all 3. They F off, cops show up, K-9 unit finds them hiding in a garage.

Year later we go to court, guy shows up, ***** himself when he sees me show up as a witness. The other 2 were juvies so they got off with nothing, while I had to pick him out of a lineup.

I still remember talking to the cop that night saying 'Man I wish I got some good shots in.' and his words ring in my ears to this day "You got the **** kicked out of you by 3 guys and you're still alive, I'd say you got off light."

Since then, I keep my cool and not start fights with others. As I said, I've got way too much to lose.

I know a guy that was working high end security and due for an interview to be a cop. At a stop sign some low life tried to drag him out of his car so as to steal it. He fought him off along with decent bystanders including an off duty cop IIRC.

He was counter charged with assault by the thug. The thug knew that the court would put one charge against the other and they would probably cancel out. The victim couldn't go to the cop interview because he was involved in a case before the courts. (He later became a cop)

The thug probably had a next to zero income and would qualify for legal aid. The victim was above the legal aid benchmark and would have to pay his own fees.

Isn't justice wonderful.

I worked with a guy that slugged someone in a bar tiff. He was convicted of manslaughter because the guy hit his head and never got up again.

You don't need the legal aftermath.
One of my uncles in Poland is sitting in jail for manslaughter. Was at a bar, saw a girl getting harassed, being a drunkard he punched the guy in the head. Guy drops, walks home, passes out and never wakes up. Uncle gets arrested and no matter the witnesses he killed a man that wasn’t attacking him. 25 to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom