Coronavirus | Page 467 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has become clear to every single person in the country that you can do whatever you feel like and there will be no legal ramifications. People arent scared of the "flu" and have returned to normal life.

Backyard hockey game busted after lockdown with 12 players plus coaches plus all the parents watching. One ticket handed out to the home owner. Wtf. By my count that should have been at least one $10,000 charge and about 25 $800 tickets. Every level of government repeatedly demonstrates that they have no interest in actual enforcement which makes anything they say completely meaningless.
I'm guilty. It's hard to not cheat when everyone else SEEMS to be doing it.

I went to an industrial supplier's counter and got some bits and pieces for around the house. I followed all the protocols and was never close to anyone. The grocery stores are far worse, ignoring arrows, distancing and nose covering. I treat everyone except my wife as if they're the boogie man.

I'm trying to get little things done around the house so when this nightmare is over (Maybe) I can do things I really want to do.

It's part of the No harm no foul thinking but I would not have gone out if I could have been pulled over and fined.

The tracing of the virus isn't showing a clear picture. The bars and restaurants are obvious sources based on mask use. The post Christmas surge strongly shows a family / friend spread connection.

Are the isolated hockey / shinney games a real threat or is it grocery shopping? It's a question not a challenge.

How much is public transit based? Has anything changed? You can be banned from a relatively spacious store for not wearing a mask but not a sardine can bus?

Many have agreed that individuals confronting individuals isn't a good idea but if the police aren't doing anything are we left hostage to a bunch of losers? This is where I am left trying to understand Ford's "Gee shucks folks. We've all got to work together" talk when he obviously knows that there are individuals not working together. Trudeau is sharing the play book.

I went into a jail on a service call once. There is a sound from the door closing behind you that says you stay until it's decided you can leave. Returning from outside Canada should be a similar feeling, a lockup not a suggestion.

Modify some school buses with isolation partitions for the drivers and everyone returning from another country boards at the rear. They are driven to holding areas until they can be processed into suitable accommodation for a two week, no expenses paid, quarantine. Tasers or cattle prods ensure compliance.

My thoughts may be a bit muddled but so are the rules. It's almost like they expect it.

I'll be ready for a grocery run Monday or Tuesday. We'll see if anything has changed.

Weird thought this morning while having coffee.

If I woke up and realized Covid was just one of those realistic bad dreams one occasionally has.

What would I do, where would I go, what would I buy, who would I visit?

The other edge of the sword would be that Donald Trump had won the election and Biden conceded.

Estimate: At the present rate, a week after Biden's inauguration the US virus death toll will equal the US losses in WWII when it had a lower population.

Just got back from supporting our local restaurant (Albatross Pub). Damn it felt good to have that food again after a year.

They’ve got 4 different $40 platters and I cannot recommend them enough. I don’t work there but I probably could help put their kids through college over the years I spent there.

1610834189818.png

Weird thought this morning while having coffee.

If I woke up and realized Covid was just one of those realistic bad dreams one occasionally has.

What would I do, where would I go, what would I buy, who would I visit?

The other edge of the sword would be that Donald Trump had won the election and Biden conceded.

Estimate: At the present rate, a week after Biden's inauguration the US virus death toll will equal the US losses in WWII when it had a lower population.
And WWII had a defined end date. With ~30% of the population not doing anything to prevent the spread, this will both drag on for a very long time and continue to kill people.

That's pretty bad, those people are not only endangering themselves they are endangering the police officers by making them turn out in force, nobody wins.

And WWII had a defined end date. With ~30% of the population not doing anything to prevent the spread, this will both drag on for a very long time and continue to kill people.
?

I thought the Spanish flu ran 1918 April to 1920 November. A full 2 years after the end of WWI

They gave them a firm talking to!
Dougie shook his finger at them with more vigour.

I ranted elsewhere about people that are untouchable. These losers are probably in that group. If you put them in jail the crowding creates spread. Have any fines been upheld in court?

If they're the great unwashed they don't have anything to go after, blood from a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom