Coronavirus | Page 394 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear that Toronto Public Health has gone back to a single symptom being cause for kids to stay home. Trying to figure out if that means daycares as well...pay over 1k/month and having the child stay home for 10 days really blows.

Wonder when it'll come to Peel.

(y) entry level competition bike

Wonder when it'll come to Peel.
You didn't have to wait long.

What I have seen says school, but it would make sense that daycare and school have the same criteria (but I don't count on them to make rules that make sense).

"Parents must now keep their child home from school and seek a COVID-19 test if they’re showing even one new symptom in common with COVID-19, officials in Peel and Toronto say.

Under the new guidance which takes effect on Dec. 7, parents must keep any child home if they are showing new or worsening symptoms including a runny nose, headache, nausea or sore throat, and also must keep home any siblings that live with them, even if they are not showing symptoms."

You didn't have to wait long.

What I have seen says school, but it would make sense that daycare and school have the same criteria (but I don't count on them to make rules that make sense).

"Parents must now keep their child home from school and seek a COVID-19 test if they’re showing even one new symptom in common with COVID-19, officials in Peel and Toronto say.

Under the new guidance which takes effect on Dec. 7, parents must keep any child home if they are showing new or worsening symptoms including a runny nose, headache, nausea or sore throat, and also must keep home any siblings that live with them, even if they are not showing symptoms."
Nice.....love paying for daycare already. If the lil guy needs to stay home I need to find another place to work. Unless this doesn’t apply to daycares.

Nice.....love paying for daycare already. If the lil guy needs to stay home I need to find another place to work. Unless this doesn’t apply to daycares.
I thought the garage was finished now? Just tell him you are leaving for work and go out the front door and back in through the garage door. Peace and quiet all day.

Atv are for hillbillies I just bought the 4 year old a gas gas MC-E 5 now that he is bored of his stycyc the 2 year old gets the stycyc in the spring.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
I think that bike company needs a new name. How about "Electric Electric"?

I thought the garage was finished now? Just tell him you are leaving for work and go out the front door and back in through the garage door. Peace and quiet all day.
Almost.....so very very close to being done. Just need to clean up and make a door to the house.

Great in theory...not so much when your day consists of meetings and video conferencing from 8am-4pm. Love my kids to death, but boy do they take up a lot of time. Main reason I got rid of the bike...just no time.

With little ones it's hard to ignore them.

Many years ago a conversation with my daughter went:

Her "Daddy can we play"

Me "I have to work"

Her "Why"

Me "I have to make money"

Her "Why do we need money?"

Me "We need it to buy food for supper"

Her "You better work"

Her "Daddy can we play"

Me "I have to work"

Her "Why"

Her "You better work"
I had similar conversations until the last line. That would alternate between "There's food in the cupboard" "We don't like dinner anyway" "Mom is working so you can hang out with us", etc. Trying to work full-time while keeping ankle biters alive (and sometimes happy) is a nightmare.

I don't know if this belongs in this thread or US is (*&()*&.

"
Vehicle travel in early Nov. was as much as 20 per cent lower than a year earlier, but it surged around the holiday and peaked on Thanksgiving Day at only about 5 per cent less than the pandemic-free period in 2019, according to StreetLight Data, which provided an analysis to The Associated Press.

“People were less willing to change their behavior than any other day during the pandemic,” said Laura Schewel, founder of StreetLight Data.

Airports also saw some of their busiest days of the pandemic, though air travel was much lower than last year. The Transportation Security Administration screened more than 1 million passengers on four separate days during the Thanksgiving travel period. Since the pandemic gutted travel in March, there has been only one other day when the number of travelers topped 1 million — Oct. 18.

Wide swaths of the country saw a sudden influx of people arriving from university campuses in the days leading up to the holiday, according to a data visualization of anonymous cellphone data from a firm called Tectonix."

I don't know if this belongs in this thread or US is (*&()*&.

"
Vehicle travel in early Nov. was as much as 20 per cent lower than a year earlier, but it surged around the holiday and peaked on Thanksgiving Day at only about 5 per cent less than the pandemic-free period in 2019, according to StreetLight Data, which provided an analysis to The Associated Press.

“People were less willing to change their behavior than any other day during the pandemic,” said Laura Schewel, founder of StreetLight Data.

Airports also saw some of their busiest days of the pandemic, though air travel was much lower than last year. The Transportation Security Administration screened more than 1 million passengers on four separate days during the Thanksgiving travel period. Since the pandemic gutted travel in March, there has been only one other day when the number of travelers topped 1 million — Oct. 18.

Wide swaths of the country saw a sudden influx of people arriving from university campuses in the days leading up to the holiday, according to a data visualization of anonymous cellphone data from a firm called Tectonix."

And what has happened to the death rate recently? Next is Christmas shopping, Christmas itself and New Years Day.

I'd like to return the gift I bought. They died.

75% is going to be tough to reach given all the antivax nonsense out there - people are willing to blindly believe anything they read on some crunchy momma blog written by someone who barely passed high school science and did her "reasearch" on YouTube while on the toilet one day, but casually and blindly dismiss science and scientists.

Even when they crunchy momma content is so incredibly far out to left field that it seems unbelievable they still eat it up, IE the "Bill Gates put microchips in the Covid vaccine so they can control us via 5G!" insanity. I had a head shaker yesterday where someone said they'd never get the Covid vaccine because it had fetal tissue in it. There is not.

What *WILL* drive up vaccination numbers however is going to be what seems like an inevitable restriction for the parts of society who refuse it with no basis in reality. Sorry, you refuse to vaccinate?

- You're not getting on an airplane.
- You're not getting on that cruise ship.
- You can't visit that all inclusive resort.
- You can't visit that country/continent
- You can't go to that concert.
- Etc.

It's time to remind people that although they may be free to "Do as I want with my body", they're not free from the consequences of their choices. Everything in life is not a right and we need to start making that clearer.

Last edited:
75% is going to be tough to reach given all the antivax nonsense out there - people are willing to blindly believe anything they read on some crunchy momma blog written by someone who barely passed high school science and did her "reasearch" on YouTube while on the toilet one day, but casually and blindly dismiss science and scientists.

Even when they crunchy momma content is so incredibly far out to left field that it seems unbelievable they still eat it up, IE the "Bill Gates put microchips in the Covid vaccine so they can control us via 5G!" insanity. I had a head shaker yesterday where someone said they'd never get the Covid vaccine because it had fetal tissue in it. There is not.

What *WILL* drive up vaccination numbers however is going to be what seems like an inevitable restriction for the parts of society who refuse it with no basis in reality. Sorry, you refuse to vaccinate?

- You're not getting on an airplane.
- You're not getting on that cruise ship.
- You can't visit that all inclusive resort.
- You can't visit that country/continent
- You can't go to that concert.
- Etc.

It's time to remind people that although they may be free to "Do as I want with my body", they're not free from the consequences of their choices. Everything in life is not a right and we need to start making that clearer.

This is the only way it will work. The ones that choose the antivax hill to die on will slowly diminish once they realize their friends got tired of not going to Cuba, maybe not getting a passport, maybe not crossing a border, missing out on what their friends can do. FOMO...it’s a powerful thing. Got a medical exemption? That’s cute...let’s go through the courts. Got an ideological reason for not getting the vaccine? That’s cute but you still can’t come into my country.

On another note, the crazy RV with the massive antivax sign on has been in Kingston. The idiot is road tripping.

Her "Daddy can we play"

Me "I have to work"

Her "Why"

Her "You better work"
Hahaha, it is funny.... I had similar conversations with my kids too. ?

Her "Daddy can we play"

Me "I have to work"

Her "Why"

Her "You better work"
Had same discussion with my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back