Coronavirus | Page 395 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
75% is going to be tough to reach given all the antivax nonsense out there - people are willing to blindly believe anything they read on some crunchy momma blog written by someone who barely passed high school science and did her "reasearch" on YouTube while on the toilet one day, but casually and blindly dismiss science and scientists.

Even when they crunchy momma content is so incredibly far out to left field that it seems unbelievable they still eat it up, IE the "Bill Gates put microchips in the Covid vaccine so they can control us via 5G!" insanity. I had a head shaker yesterday where someone said they'd never get the Covid vaccine because it had fetal tissue in it. There is not.

What *WILL* drive up vaccination numbers however is going to be what seems like an inevitable restriction for the parts of society who refuse it with no basis in reality. Sorry, you refuse to vaccinate?

- You're not getting on an airplane.
- You're not getting on that cruise ship.
- You can't visit that all inclusive resort.
- You can't visit that country/continent
- You can't go to that concert.
- Etc.

It's time to remind people that although they may be free to "Do as I want with my body", they're not free from the consequences of their choices. Everything in life is not a right and we need to start making that clearer.
Another pandemic today is that people are losing abilities to think critically.... esp. in US.....

Another pandemic today is that people are losing abilities to think critically.... esp. in US.....
Losing? How can you lose what you never had? I think it is just more obvious as people are choosing to identify themselves more now(for instance masks/no mask or sharing of good/crap information).

Losing? How can you lose what you never had? I think it is just more obvious as people are choosing to identify themselves more now(for instance masks/no mask or sharing of good/crap information).
A matter of choice indeed!

The power of social media.... and politicians/rich are leveraging it for sure.

Children aren't supposed to be in school without immunization, but all a parent has to do is claim religious reasons to sidestep. Covid vaccine will be the same for the sake of the economy.

off to a religious school with them then
That causes it's own issues. You think their anti-vaxxer parents are nuts, incubate the kids with people that think alike for their whole childhood and the next generation will be even worse.

I think for this vaccine specifically, the ramifications of not getting it will impact the individual more than the rest of society.

This is unlike polio or measles, because we count on herd immunity to protect infants who are too young to be vaccinated. It takes 4 stages of polio vaccines administered over 4 years till full immunity is achieved. 12 months for measles. During that time, the child is very vulnerable, and they are more severely affected than adults.

In the case of COVID, the very young are not impacted as much, with the vast majority being entirely asymptomatic if infected. It's a disease that targets the older or those with co-morbidities.

So if someone of adult age refuses to take the COVID vaccine, in the end they are only harming themselves rather than affecting others. This is assuming the efficacy of the COVID vaccine.

I'm okay with this form of Darwinism.

That causes it's own issues. You think their anti-vaxxer parents are nuts, incubate the kids with people that think alike for their whole childhood and the next generation will be even worse.

Excellent...then shut them down when they get fanatical. I’m losing my tolerance for this kind of nutbar behaviour as I get older. Live and let live...unless it impacts others in society. At that point you’re being a selfish ******* and you lose your rights.

Now excuse me...I’m going to sit in my front yard and yell at people to get off my lawn.

Excellent...then shut them down when they get fanatical. I’m losing my tolerance for this kind of nutbar behaviour as I get older. Live and let live...unless it impacts others in society. At that point you’re being a selfish ******* and you lose your rights.

Now excuse me...I’m going to sit in my front yard and yell at people to get off my lawn.

I'm not sure where I posted it but the sixth commandment is "Thou shalt not kill" yet the religious nut cases want to huddle and spread. Thou shalt not kill with Covid either.

"I can't breathe" but you've got enough lung power to yell at someone who tells you to wear a mask.

Can I join you on your lawn, 2 meters apart, my own chair?

I'm not sure where I posted it but the sixth commandment is "Thou shalt not kill" yet the religious nut cases want to huddle and spread. Thou shalt not kill with Covid either.

"I can't breathe" but you've got enough lung power to yell at someone who tells you to wear a mask.

Can I join you on your lawn, 2 meters apart, my own chair?

definitely...plenty of room!

Court has now ordered Skelly to comply with restrictions under the Opening Act. No additional restrictions but if he violates again, that is contempt and he can be immediately arrested and held without bail.

Crown asked for $20,000 in costs which Skelly's lawyer said was grossly inflated. I call BS. There were 20 to 50 cops there for days, I think the true number is an order of magnitude higher than they asked for.

GFM is approaching 350K of wanker money. 270K has been delivered and Skelly is gloating that it is in a trust where people can't get at it. What a dbag.

While I agree he’s a *********.....I don’t blame him for keeping the cash. People are stupid and apparently very easily parted with their money. I need to think up a good sob story.....maybe make some cash for free!

I wondered how the moral majority was affecting the Covid spread. Some preachers are doing the possessed demon bit which could be taken as Covid 19 being a moral issue. Denial and group prayers, hugs being the cure. Show up with your wallet.

Don't admit to being sick because you'll be suspected of being possessed.

Film company opens huge dinning tents right beside restaurant that had it's smaller outdoor dinning shut down by the government.
Owner who is now in financial distress doesn't understand why.
Sherman Oaks restaurant owner shares her frustration over LA County dining ban in emotional video
I watched that video. Actually heart breaking to listen to her speak. And seeing the fully set up dining area literally next door and being allowed while her business is shut down is ridiculous.

This is what fries me....big box stores being allowed to open while small shops having to shut down. Like wtf.....if Walmart is essential it should be groceries and the rest of the store closed off. WTF is Winners essential? CT!? Seen police officers outside of the stores today at Dundas and Winston Churchill.....frak me.

Even going to HD this morning (why is this essential anyway) seeing guys walk around without a mask literally looking like they want someone to start something so they can argue and fight. Frustrating as ****.

There's no shortage of stupidity - both by covidiots, and by rushed-through regulations that have unintended consequences.

IMO in lockdown regions, big-box stores should be on-line or phone-in order with curbside pick-up only. If your business is small enough that there are only going to be (let's say) 5 people total inside at a time including the cashier, let them open.

It's been 2 weeks since the latest half-baked lockdown went into effect. We should either start seeing the numbers in those areas drop significantly in the next 7 days, or not.

Personally, given the half-baked aspect, my vote is for the latter.

I hope it's a learning moment for Ford.

It's been 2 weeks since the latest half-baked lockdown went into effect. We should either start seeing the numbers in those areas drop significantly in the next 7 days, or not.

Personally, given the half-baked aspect, my vote is for the latter.

I hope it's a learning moment for Ford.
I think the half-baked lockdown will not reduce numbers. Probably put a plateau in the count so the climb is delayed by a month. Given where they are on the curve and expected timing for vaccine rollout, I don't see a one month plateau being all that helpful (and for retail, taking a month off in january is much more palatable than taking december off).

I cant blame Ford, if you and your buddies can just stand 8ft apart and have a beer in the driveway, you have to drive to a bar in a better zone, and your idiot husband suggests a drive to Niagara onthe lake for dinner because Brampton is closed, and a bone headed hockey coach says , hey lets book ice time in Welland, we'll show those nannies in Etobicoke we will not be denied our 12-14yr olds moments to shine!

that's not on Doug, that's just stupid people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom