Coronavirus | Page 282 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont follow brazilian politics a whole lot, but wasnt he the one insisting its a hoax, and walking around rallies without a mask?

Brazil's PM just tested positive. Source, BBC World News just now.
I think you mean President, not PM, but same difference.

“In my particular case,” the former Army officer said in a national address in March, “with my history as an athlete, if I were infected by the virus, I wouldn’t need to worry. I wouldn’t feel anything or, if very affected, it would be like a little flu or little cold.”

Bolsonaro, 65, has described covid-19 as a “little cold,” repeatedly waded into crowds of supporters, threatened to host a large barbecue to spite health measures, and as recently as last week attended a Fourth of July party at the U.S. Embassy in Brasilia without wearing a mask. A Brazilian court last month ordered Bolsonaro to wear a mask while in public.

dont follow brazilian politics a whole lot, but wasnt he the one insisting its a hoax, and walking around rallies without a mask?
I believe a lot of the latin countries played it off as a hoax. Mexico and Brazil specifically. Either for dumb posturing or not knowing any better.

There seems to be an air hole in the process with 66,000 non residents coming in the last few months. Canada Border Security doesn't seem to be totally open on the subject.

Thirty US congress members are pushing for us to open up and die.

If you're just in mid-life now and don't think this virus can eat you up, read this!

The path of death is hard to track and there would be many questions with few answers as to why an apparently healthy 41 year old dies and an 80+ year old lives.

There also seems to be an all or nothing attitude from many with this new unknown disease and many others with a proven track record. "So what if I die, I'll go out in a blast whether it's COVID or a heart attack." Well bubba you might check on that. A lot of people survive as part veggies, limited abilities, drooling and shuffling around for the rest of their lives wearing a tattered housecoat.

COVID may be affecting lung capacity after recovery. If so as survivors age cases of COPD may rise. Maybe one of those bicycle water bottle carriers can be modified to handle one of the little oxygen bottles.

No question the economic fallout from this is going to be a ***** but mass funerals aren't going to be fun either.

P.S. I wonder what the hospital tab was for Cordero and who picks up the tab. 90 days in ICU at $10,000 or more per day....plus the extras. The health insurance companies must be looking at the C-19 like a car insurer at a wreckum race.

The path of death is hard to track and there would be many questions with few answers as to why an apparently healthy 41 year old dies and an 80+ year old lives.

There also seems to be an all or nothing attitude from many with this new unknown disease and many others with a proven track record. "So what if I die, I'll go out in a blast whether it's COVID or a heart attack." Well bubba you might check on that. A lot of people survive as part veggies, limited abilities, drooling and shuffling around for the rest of their lives wearing a tattered housecoat.

COVID may be affecting lung capacity after recovery. If so as survivors age cases of COPD may rise. Maybe one of those bicycle water bottle carriers can be modified to handle one of the little oxygen bottles.

No question the economic fallout from this is going to be a ***** but mass funerals aren't going to be fun either.

P.S. I wonder what the hospital tab was for Cordero and who picks up the tab. 90 days in ICU at $10,000 or more per day....plus the extras. The health insurance companies must be looking at the C-19 like a car insurer at a wreckum race.
GoFundMe for Cordero is at ~$1,000,000. While that is nice, it is also screwed up. Another situation where some measure of celebrity vastly improved their financial situation over a relatively unknown person suffering the same fate.

Pretty good article on the state of things in the US. It's pretty bad. They are bumping into limits on ability to run tests so the true infection rate may be much higher and is being kept down with limited testing. In some cases, results are taking weeks to come back which defeats most of the benefit of testing. Ideally we need results very quickly as the level of isolation people impose on themselves will quickly slip as time goes on unless they get a positive test to reinforce that they are doing the right thing.

The number of tests per day in the U.S. is up to about 640,000 on average

In an especially alarming indicator, the percentage of tests coming back positive for the virus is on the rise across nearly the entire country, hitting almost 27% in Arizona, 19% in Florida and 17% in South Carolina.

New Orleans residents were turned away from a city testing site after it reached its daily allotment of 150 tests within five minutes of opening one recent morning.

Pretty good article on the state of things in the US. It's pretty bad. They are bumping into limits on ability to run tests so the true infection rate may be much higher and is being kept down with limited testing. In some cases, results are taking weeks to come back which defeats most of the benefit of testing. Ideally we need results very quickly as the level of isolation people impose on themselves will quickly slip as time goes on unless they get a positive test to reinforce that they are doing the right thing.

My understanding is that the #s are so high, contact tracing is no longer possible.

My understanding is that the #s are so high, contact tracing is no longer possible.
I'm not worried about explicit contact tracing at this point. I was thinking more along the lines of "I have been stuck at home for three days and may not even have it. Screw this, I'm going out" which then infects many more people. If people have a positive test, I would hope they would take strict isolation more seriously.

In an especially alarming indicator, the percentage of tests coming back positive for the virus is on the rise across nearly the entire country, hitting almost 27% in Arizona, 19% in Florida and 17% in South Carolina.

New Orleans residents were turned away from a city testing site after it reached its daily allotment of 150 tests within five minutes of opening one recent morning.

Sick poor people also don’t want hospital bills. It actually suits Trump to attempt to cancel Obamacare as more people without insurance will not seek expensive hospital care. Numbers go down right.

Arbitrarily forcing the testing numbers lower via making testing even more inadequate, makes the problem of hiding full hospitals and piles of dead bodies harder. 'Course, the orange one can't think that far ahead, he probably still thinks it's all imaginary.

Arbitrarily forcing the testing numbers lower via making testing even more inadequate, makes the problem of hiding full hospitals and piles of dead bodies harder. 'Course, the orange one can't think that far ahead, he probably still thinks it's all imaginary.
At least he's not on the other side, trying to kill off people, and tank the economy.

Drove by the testing facility today, just after it opened. There were close to a hundred people lined up.

Sick poor people also don’t want hospital bills. It actually suits Trump to attempt to cancel Obamacare as more people without insurance will not seek expensive hospital care. Numbers go down right.

I was sent a video obviously made by a long haul trucker out of Ontario. Due to a collision he had to go to a hospital for a drug and alcohol test which he passed. While there he saw six people walk in for tests and all six walk out when told it was $199 each.

There is / was some federal program for the C-19 but I am under the impression the hospitals have to apply. Also free market means tests can be any price.

Health insurance is a crap shoot even if you have it. High deductibles and copays suck. Imagine a $20,000 procedure with a $10,000 deductible and 50% copay. You still have to pay $15,000.

it's long, but he's definitely a better speaker than Tam...

Tam is awful. I think I prefer every other medical officer of health that I have seen (municipal and provincial) to her. Waffling on important issues, worrying about the appearance of cultural issues slowed border closings etc. She is a politician masquerading as canadas top doctor. Boo for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom