Coronavirus | Page 283 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sent a video obviously made by a long haul trucker out of Ontario. Due to a collision he had to go to a hospital for a drug and alcohol test which he passed. While there he saw six people walk in for tests and all six walk out when told it was $199 each.

There is / was some federal program for the C-19 but I am under the impression the hospitals have to apply. Also free market means tests can be any price.

Health insurance is a crap shoot even if you have it. High deductibles and copays suck. Imagine a $20,000 procedure with a $10,000 deductible and 50% copay. You still have to pay $15,000.

I am curious to see how insurance is covering hospitalization Covid cases in the USA. Some monster bills must be happening.

Brazil's PM just tested positive. Source, BBC World News just now.

Some people in high places need to start dying from Covid for the message to their crazy supporters to finally hit home that this isn't some big joke like said deities have been telling them.

Tam is awful. I think I prefer every other medical officer of health that I have seen (municipal and provincial) to her. Waffling on important issues, worrying about the appearance of cultural issues slowed border closings etc. She is a politician masquerading as canadas top doctor. Boo for us.

She's a pox. Her whispering her agenda into Woken Boy's ear helped kill a good number of Canadians. I would support a class action lawsuit by surviving family members against the both of them.

I really don't understand these anti mask evangelists. Do people have nothing better to do with their time and energy? Do they think they're fighting on the ground floor of a civil war?

I'm actually semi-sceptical of the full effectiveness of wearing a random piece of cloth on your face, but who cares? People are scared, if wearing a mask makes our society feel better about stepping out of the house, what harm does it do? We have accepted that we all wear clothes when leaving the house, what's the big deal in wearing a mask?

I really don't understand these anti mask evangelists. Do people have nothing better to do with their time and energy? Do they think they're fighting on the ground floor of a civil war?

I'm actually semi-sceptical of the full effectiveness of wearing a random piece of cloth on your face, but who cares? People are scared, if wearing a mask makes our society feel better about stepping out of the house, what harm does it do? We have accepted that we all wear clothes when leaving the house, what's the big deal in wearing a mask?

That's pretty much it. The lady that got in the news for being refused treatment for a broken finger at a Toronto hospital because she wouldn't wear a mask refers to herself as a "Truther". Basically all the idiocy of an anti-vaxxer with a side of activism. The man can't tell you how to run your life.

People don't like being told what to do.
They don't like being lied to.
They don't like "experts" making up ******** and saying it's been proven by science.
They don't like the same "experts" later saying the exact opposite is now true and proven by science, after having involved politics in their science.
They don't like it when the only way to prove the issue in question by science would be to expose large numbers people to a deadly disease.
They don't like the self-righteous way that the zealots complain about people not wearing masks.
They don't like that some places are making big bucks selling masks that may do nothing at all.
Remember these aren't N95 masks being put on by professionals who have been trained to do so, and we still don't know exactly how or even when the virus is transmitted.

So, I do understand. Some are ****** at the government, some are ****** at the experts.
Wear your mask in the meantime, don't be belligerant that it's the only way to do things, and let them settle down, until election time.

edit: and stay the **** away from them, as they're angry, and might not be rational.

Last edited:
A 20 something told me this aft that her brother cannot wear a mask because of his asthma.If he puts one on,he passes out.I told her that her brother needs pshyc treatment or maybe a hospital stay.She called me a f'n boomer.Bahahaha.

A 20 something told me this aft that her brother cannot wear a mask because of his asthma.If he puts one on,he passes out.I told her that her brother needs pshyc treatment or maybe a hospital stay.She called me a f'n boomer.Bahahaha.
A friend that's always battled medical issues (undiagnosed something, pneumonia twice this year, asthma, etc) wore her mask around her house and kept checking Sp02. No issues with Sp02. A little harder to breathe with the increased humidity from breathing in a cotton mask, but nothing that concerned her. She posted the results of this experiment and her "friends" tore her up. "Why would you wear a mask in the house" - "As an experiment, I don't do that regularly". "What about X mask, you only tried Y mask" - "Yup, I tried what I had". "My asthma is worse than your asthma" - "Ok? I was testing me". "Why would you bow to their will" - "Because I don't want to die and I have proven to myself that the mask does not have a medical downside and it may help me".

That's often the comeback when they run out of logic!

If someone you know has a preexisting condition, you should offer to fetch them groceries. Then they don't have to worry about being exposed, mask or not.

Edit: For me, both sides are being babies about the issue, but one side definitely seems to be making fun of the other more often.

.........sigh

When I was very young, my father came home very upset. My mother told me some white people had called him a communist pig. My father was sad, confused, and really didn't know what he had done wrong.

This is very hard to watch because decades later, we have the same problem. We don't have to get along, but at the ******* least tolerate each other. I'm sad this motherfucker was not bodied. I want to see retribution.

Last edited:
Funny how the ones saying “you can’t make me wear a mask” are often the same ones that call people snowflakes.

.........sigh

When I was very young, my father came home very upset. My mother told me some white people had called him a communist pig. My father was sad, confused, and really didn't know what he had done wrong.

This is very hard to watch because decades later, we have the same problem. We don't have to get along, but at the ******* least tolerate each other. I'm sad this motherfucker was not bodied. I want to see retribution.

for someone with supposedly bad asthma he seems to be able to get enough air to rant like a complete knob.

Besides the obvious ignorance and racism, as I mentioned above, don't these people have anything better to do? That's a lot of energy wasted to accomplish absolutely nothing except making himself and his wife(?) look like *****.

for someone with supposedly bad asthma he seems to be able to get enough air to rant like a complete knob.

My fiancee told me she's been having the same issues at work (not Asian though.) Many are bullshitting asthma as a way to hide their covert racism. Said covert racism becomes easily unraveled when you assume masks are associated to Asians, and racists want nothing to do with that.

....either that or they're stupid. Neither seem very appealing lol

His mommy needs to take him home after his temper tantrum, and give him a nap.
Someone should have stepped in and told the guy to **** off out of there.

If her brother has asthma he's really not going to like a ventilator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom