Coronavirus | Page 280 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fined $1000 each? Embarrassing for Canada to have stones that small. Kick them out of the country and give them a five year ban.

Yep, it won't stop the problem, and I suspect the same idiots who got charged will be back in short order anyways since $1000 Canadian is, what, $40 USD right now? ;)

But in all seriousness, it should be $5000 or something serious, and they should also have to adhere to some sort of mandatory tracking to prove that the people "going to alaska" actually go. And they should have to enter via BC to begin with (nobody has any business entering Canada on the east side to go to Alaska right now) and then pass through nonstop without anything aside from gas under threat of that $5000 fine.

Behave like children, great treated like children.

Yep, it won't stop the problem, and I suspect the same idiots who got charged will be back in short order anyways since $1000 Canadian is, what, $40 USD right now? ;)

But in all seriousness, it should be $5000 or something serious, and they should also have to adhere to some sort of mandatory tracking to prove that the people "going to alaska" actually go. And they should have to enter via BC to begin with (nobody has any business entering Canada on the east side to go to Alaska right now) and then pass through nonstop without anything aside from gas under threat of that $5000 fine.

Behave like children, great treated like children.

On my buddy's lake in Muskoka a US vehicle showed up during quarantine with an American driving. The marina launched their boat when marinas were supposed to be closed. Water access cottage FWIW. Someone explain?

On my buddy's lake in Muskoka a US vehicle showed up during quarantine with an American driving. The marina launched their boat when marinas were supposed to be closed. Water access cottage FWIW. Someone explain?
Goldie Hawn?

Like most things, money talks. If the marina chose to enforce the quarantine, they would lose a customer. Oz did it right. Dont trust anyone to do the right thing because most wont. Entering the territory gets you two weeks in a government controlled hotel.

If you're just in mid-life now and don't think this virus can eat you up, read this!

If you're just in mid-life now and don't think this virus can eat you up, read this!
yeah there was a young 20 something female that needed a double lung transplant due to COVID.

Damn. That was probably for the best. Je was down for a very long time, even if he survived their was a very high probability that he would not be remotely the same person as before.

Has anyone heard any piece of news regarding Canada removing the 14 day quarantine for travellers or people returning home anytime soon? My cousin was speaking with her travel agent and they stated it's coming in the next few weeks.

I'm asking because right now flights are firing up fairly often back to Poland, and my cousins have all had their flights cancelled...but ours hasn't been cancelled. Apparently they're cancelling the earlier daytime flights, and mid-week flights, but keeping the ones on Sunday (us) and late (10pm...again us). So I'm stuck b/w a rock and a hard place here...if we don't get cancelled by the airline, and we decide not to go it looks like $4500 out. The website only says that if your flight has been cancelled you're eligible for re-booking, voucher, or refund...which doesn't apply.

I don't want to go to Europe, and then come back for another 14 day quarantine. Might just eat the cost of the trip, but I'll try calling the airline tomorrow to get an answer.

Has anyone heard any piece of news regarding Canada removing the 14 day quarantine for travellers or people returning home anytime soon? My cousin was speaking with her travel agent and they stated it's coming in the next few weeks.

I'm asking because right now flights are firing up fairly often back to Poland, and my cousins have all had their flights cancelled...but ours hasn't been cancelled. Apparently they're cancelling the earlier daytime flights, and mid-week flights, but keeping the ones on Sunday (us) and late (10pm...again us). So I'm stuck b/w a rock and a hard place here...if we don't get cancelled by the airline, and we decide not to go it looks like $4500 out. The website only says that if your flight has been cancelled you're eligible for re-booking, voucher, or refund...which doesn't apply.

I don't want to go to Europe, and then come back for another 14 day quarantine. Might just eat the cost of the trip, but I'll try calling the airline tomorrow to get an answer.
hasn't been lifted, haven't seen anything yet.

hasn't been lifted, haven't seen anything yet.
I think that’s just travel agent talk to alleviate their thoughts of cancelling. But there may be something there....even though I doubt it.

Damn. That was probably for the best. Je was down for a very long time, even if he survived their was a very high probability that he would not be remotely the same person as before.

That’s really sad. Also really sad is the fact there’s a need for a “go fund me“ link for his medical bills.

This is ammunition against those who say we should isolate the elderly/vulnerable as opposed to locking down completely. If this happens to someone in their forties, who exactly do we need to isolate to prevent the virus from spreading to them?

The answer is simple: everyone.

At the moment, that 14 day quarantine officially extends until the end of August, but it is subject to being extended. If the Americans don't get their act together ... and I don't think they will, in that timeframe ... it's likely to be extended. Whether they will distinguish between where people travelled to, isn't known but I doubt it.

It was always like that. Right in the rules. You have land access to your cottage? Tough luck. You have water access only? Your boat will be in the water in an hour, sir.

Speak to whoever you booked the original flights with. (Travel Agent or Airline-direct). There used to be a lot of cancellation forgiveness policies among airlines. Not sure if that's still in play or not. Best case scenario is you get a future travel credit at full value with that airline good for a year or so.

I just went through a RIDE check in Milton were officers were getting within less than a foot from drivers faces without a mask. Car after car, they were pretty much sticking their face in every car. I did not open my window until the officer put a mask on. I get there's a need for ride checks, but getting in such close contact is against all public advice.

Best of luck getting a refund out of an airline right now, they are bleeding millions and just hoping to stay solvent. I've been waiting for 12k ish from Princess cruiselines since mid March.

Acquaintance from Chicago (he's Canadian) flewback two weeks ago, did not quarantine, had his boat launched in Hamilton and is sailing back to Chicago via the Welland, stop in Bayview Mich, to resupply, will stop in the North Channel (guaranteed with this goofball) , bomb over to Mackinack Island and clear back into the US in Chicago, and go straight to work from there. Its not just Americans that are idiots.

I just went through a RIDE check in Milton were officers were getting within less than a foot from drivers faces without a mask. Car after car, they were pretty much sticking their face in every car. I did not open my window until the officer put a mask on. I get there's a need for ride checks, but getting in such close contact is against all public advice.
They want to smell your breathe and any other car odor. They probably believe the interest of public saftey trumps the social distancing concern.

They want to smell your breathe and any other car odor. They probably believe the interest of public saftey trumps the social distancing concern.
I am not asking them to wear a VOC respirator, and that would not protect me anyways. A simple mask that stops their droplets would not impede their ability to smell... unless they had a few drinks before doing the ride check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom