Coronavirus | Page 150 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: I didn't vote for him. Ford neither. But big kudos to both for how they're navigating things right now.
I'm not a fan of either, and didn't vote for either, but overall I'm happy with how they're working through this mess. A little late it seems from the start, but they're both acting like I would expect a leader to act in this situation.

Our church shut down before most of the businesses. They're looking into how to do a virtual Easter service now.

I'd put the resolution of the N95 mask situation, more on the guts of the 3M CEO, than either Trump, Obrador, Trudeau or Ford.
He most likely got them all to sign a big contract on the dotted line.

I just saw this from the U.S.:
"We have identified the woman seen on social media claiming to be COVID-19 positive as 18-year-old Lorraine Maradiaga and are charging her with Terroristic Threat, Texas Penal Code 22.07."

Carrollton Police Search for Woman Threatening, in Video, to Spread COVID-19

LOL.
Draw them in as you please.

Wow. Every now and then I wander back over to the WERA chatroom

The Covid19 chat is enough for me to convince myself not to go back again. But then the morbid interest eventually takes me back to look.

I always thought it would be cool to drive one of those busses, now um not so much.
My career for the past several years has been driving a transit bus. After the last recession the industry I was in really changed. A lot less sales reps, more Chinese products, margins lost, salaries and commissions slashed etc. My degree and college diploma barely meant anything anymore.

Became a truck driver. Spent several years going to the U.S. and back. My lovely wife lived through being a trucker's widow for a bit. Made another change and became a bus driver.

I absolutely love my job. I am getting more and more concerned though about my safety and frankly whether or not I will make it to the other side of this. Today I had a homeless joyrider come onto the bus and pretty much jog to the front of the bus. I had to yell at him loudly to get back behind the yellow line. This is happening several times a week now. Gah!

I hope I'm not being hyperbolic but you hear of the bus drivers dying in London U.K., NYC, Detroit etc and it gets to you. Worse, no wipes for us. Last week our buses were not disinfected Friday or Saturday night. So, any passengers on those buses next day were subjected to extra risk. I speak to drivers in other transit properties in Ontario and there are some negligent stuff being done elsewhere as well.

Sigh. Stay safe. Look after yourselves...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My career for the past several years has been driving a transit bus. After the last recession the industry I was in really changed. A lot less sales reps, more Chinese products, margins lost, salaries and commissions slashed etc. My degree and college diploma barely meant anything anymore.

Became a truck driver. Spent several years going to the U.S. and back. My lovely wife lived through being a trucker's widow for a bit. Made another change and became a bus driver.

I absolutely love my job. I am getting more and more concerned though about my safety and frankly whether or not I will make it to the other side of this. Today I had a homeless joyrider come onto the bus and pretty much jog to the front of the bus. I had to yell at him loudly to get back behind the yellow line. This is happening several times a week now. Gah!

I hope I'm not being hyperbolic but you hear of the bus drivers dying in London U.K., NYC, Detroit etc and it gets to you. Worse, no wipes for us. Last week our buses were not disinfected Friday or Saturday night. So, any passengers on those buses next day were subjected to extra risk. I speak to drivers in other transit properties in Ontario and there are some negligent stuff being done elsewhere as well.

Sigh. Stay safe. Look after yourselves...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The thought of getting on any tube or box full of people scares me and you do it all day. Is it rear door only for ins and outs?

We dropped to one car a year ago and picked up Presto cards. Until now it's been good. I grew up using TTC but my wife didn't so a bit of culture shock for her. Now we minimize travel.

A buddy drove a school bus and that I think is worse.

IIRC there is only one door used.

There's always a brat or two and they think the rules don't apply to them.

Many drivers are retirees.

Parents don't want to pay for a babysitter so shove their snifflers off to school.

All for minimum wages.

Unfortunately the legal system doesn't have a convenient way of dealing with low level abusers. I.E. Abuse a driver and get banned.

Unfortunately the legal system doesn't have a convenient way of dealing with low level abusers. I.E. Abuse a driver and get banned.
I like someones idea for covid patients. Semi-permanent marking (~two-week) on your face. Something like "I spit on a bus driver" written across your face for a few weeks may make you reconsider the next time you want to be an idiot.

BC & Ontario are on different paths right now it seems - somewhat related to how things were handled in the early going.

Doug's public messaging and leadership handled this very poorly at first, especially when he told us to go away for March Break. That early attitude has had a major impact on lives and our health care system in Ontario. I'm very glad he changed his messaging after that gaffe, because we would be much worse off than we are otherwise. I know there are other factors at play than just his leadership, but I'm really impressed with how much he seems to have changed throughout this ordeal.

Maybe that has something to do with Ontario being nearly 3 times the population :unsure:
There hospitalizations per million are ~30 while ours are 40 and climbing. Probably more to do with catching it at the right time. There is a lot of luck at the beginning. If we had a few more people taking the crowded TTC while infected, we could be on a substantially worse curve.

I thought the bus's have doors you can close to protect the drivers, even though most drivers don't use them. I doubt you are being hyperbolic, as being spit on is a thing for the TTC drivers. My friend's dad is a operator so I have heard about some $hit they need to deal with. He has a routine when he starts shift to wipe down all the controls etc where the other operators touch. He did this well before the virus happen, seems smarter now. Dealing with the general public sure has it's moments, good luck!

BC & Ontario are on different paths right now it seems - somewhat related to how things were handled in the early going.

BC's spring/March break is later than Ontario's and Quebecs.

In effect that meant that they had the ability to "see into the future" which aided their ability to tell people to avoid/cancel travel at the same point that many of our residents out here were already gone, returned, and getting sick/spreading.

That helped a lot.

Pick a country with a population close to that of B.C. and run the numbers, say for instance Costa Rica. Now B.C. numbers don't look so good.
You want to make Ontario numbers look good, compare us to New York state or any place that has 3 times our population density and suddenly we look very healthy.

The thought of getting on any tube or box full of people scares me and you do it all day. Is it rear door only for ins and outs?

We dropped to one car a year ago and picked up Presto cards. Until now it's been good. I grew up using TTC but my wife didn't so a bit of culture shock for her. Now we minimize travel.

A buddy drove a school bus and that I think is worse.

IIRC there is only one door used.

There's always a brat or two and they think the rules don't apply to them.

Many drivers are retirees.

Parents don't want to pay for a babysitter so shove their snifflers off to school.

All for minimum wages.

First Student = Yellow Missiles of Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom