Coronavirus | Page 114 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the wife-to-be had a shift at a local hospital last night (for those that don't know she's an RT part time now after 8 years of full time). She mentioned to me today that all the confirmed COVID patients are listed as DNR regardless of age or severity.
I am assuming you mean that is hospital policy and not the patients wishes? That sucks but is understandable given the circumstances.

I am assuming you mean that is hospital policy and not the patients wishes? That sucks but is understandable given the circumstances.
Apparently it is agreed upon somewhat with the family, but essentially yes; the hospital does not want to increase the risk to staff.

We need some positive inspiration, and this one was too good not to share. Sorry for the non-facebook-connected, I don't know if it will work, and I haven't found an external source.

Well done. Unfortunately the reality presented is not as rosy for many. Looking after two kids and trying to work full-time is not something that I will fondly remember (and neither will clients that experience deadline slip). If I was not working (and having enough emergency money and/or social assistance to keep the house of cards up), I agree with the video.

Apparently it is agreed upon somewhat with the family, but essentially yes; the hospital does not want to increase the risk to staff.
It sounds like by the time you get to ventilator, the odds are terrible for you. Bringing you back only to have you tie up a ventilator for longer and then die doesn't seem to be the best use of resources. On the other hand, if you are diagnosed but don't have ARDS and have a heart attack, I would be annoyed if I didn't get the paddles. There is no answer that is clearly right or wrong for me in this mess.

Natrel filtered milk is a bit pricier but the shelf life is significantly longer than your regular Nielsens etc.
Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Fauci's current prediction is 100,000 to 200,000 covid deaths in the US. They only have 145,000 confirmed cases at this point. The curve on a log plot is flattening out (still climbing, just not as fast), but that could just be temporary as another big city taking off could make it climb again.

It sounds like by the time you get to ventilator, the odds are terrible for you. Bringing you back only to have you tie up a ventilator for longer and then die doesn't seem to be the best use of resources. On the other hand, if you are diagnosed but don't have ARDS and have a heart attack, I would be annoyed if I didn't get the paddles. There is no answer that is clearly right or wrong for me in this mess.

If you’re on a ventilator its because the inflammatory response in your lungs is overwhelming and the issue is that the response doesn’t seem to be responding to many therapies. Some anti inflammatories actually express a receptor the virus uses to recognize cells and others aren’t powerful enough.

Fauci's current prediction is 100,000 to 200,000 covid deaths in the US. They only have 145,000 confirmed cases at this point. The curve on a log plot is flattening out (still climbing, just not as fast), but that could just be temporary as another big city taking off could make it climb again.

Over on ADV forums a bunch of Vermont members saw a lot of NY plate cars at businesses in Vermont because Trump threatened to quarantine NY. Same happening in other states too. Don’t underestimate the dumbfuckery of Trump and the consequences of very ill thought out statements and policies,

Financial times chart on diagnosed cases vs days since 100 cases. As with all of these, it could be heavily skewed by data collection (or lack thereof).

EURfKHOWsAITlzU

This graph may have me checking out some nikkei stocks if this continues. They should rebound in production capacity quickly as they haven't be decimated (or their data is manipulated/bad)

Well, then, I'm prepared.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Where's the knob to turn it up to 11? Presumably is it set to help your healthy lungs, I wouldn't be surprised if more juice was required as your lungs get bunged up.

My dad has a CPAP too as well as many co-morbidities. I doubt a CPAP would be enough to save him. We have him reasonably on-board to hang out in isolation for the foreseeable future (grocery deliveries should be the most dangerous interaction).

My landlord decided to rent a unit to some students from the US :cautious:

I thought borders were closed????? Their vehicle still has US plates on it .

Getting ready to run away ASAP because they are not taking quarantine seriously.

My landlord decided to rent a unit to some students from the US :cautious:

I thought borders were closed????? Their vehicle still has US plates on it .

Getting ready to run away ASAP because they are not taking quarantine seriously.
My guess is they were already in Canada and either got kicked out of res or were just vacationing and didn't want to cut the party short.

I'm with JC. 5-0 may be able to impress the importance on them now before they get really busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom