Coronavirus | Page 116 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should probably keep the plastic dividers up for checkout people.
I would be good with that and the lines on the floor.

At least maybe with this virus people will have a better idea not to touch their face and then touch other things, and hopefully a higher understanding of hygiene and how things spread.

So the wife-to-be had a shift at a local hospital last night (for those that don't know she's an RT part time now after 8 years of full time). She mentioned to me today that all the confirmed COVID patients are listed as DNR regardless of age or severity.
Not surprising unfortunately. There is a report being drafted that will outline who is given a bed/respirator and the level of care provided depending on certain factors.
Italy for instance won't give a respirator to anyone over XX years of age.
Basically people with a lesser than YY% chance to survive, or a certain anticipated time to death anyway won't be provided the full care package so that it can be used for others that fall within the guidelines.

Dr. interviewed in NYC on 60 Minutes last night said she noticed a higher percentage of deaths in obese people who were on ventilators. That would partly explain the higher death rate vs. infected in the US than other countries.

I now know how germaphobes think. It's an annoying way to live.
I am not a germaphobe, but are you ok with a cashier sneezing into their hands/or wiping their nose, then grabbing all your items?
IF that makes me a germaphobe so be it, I don't want peoples bad habits inflicted on me.

Dr. interviewed in NYC on 60 Minutes last night said she noticed a higher percentage of deaths in obese people who were on ventilators. That would partly explain the higher death rate vs. infected in the US than other countries.
This is also a concern in Mexico where they have the 2nd highest rate of obesity, along with diabetes, which is another higher risk complicaton for COVID-19. Also with a gov who is only now understanding it is a real problem and not some voodoo issue or rich person disease.

I am not a germaphobe, but are you ok with a cashier sneezing into their hands/or wiping their nose, then grabbing all your items?
IF that makes me a germaphobe so be it, I don't want peoples bad habits inflicted on me.

If that's happened to me in the past, and I'm sure it has, I didn't pay any attention to it.

I will notice it going forward, for sure.

My wife was filling out paperwork this morning for the halton Healthcare/ Ministry of Health , they are creating a data base and asking if she is willing to be deployed to other hospitals around the GTA if staffing becomes an issue and would she consider "hoteling" at the hospital if it comes to that. At least they have a plan.

There are so many stupid rumours floating around the hospitals, and still stupider people. Some idiot in a Tyvek camo suit and a Korean war gas mask was wandering the halls last week, just wanted to say hi to his SIL that just had a new baby. He got kicked out and the two dufus security guards at the door ' screening people' that let him in have been reassigned......

I'm at a higher risk to catch this just due to the nature of her work. Stay the F at home people.

My wife was filling out paperwork this morning for the halton Healthcare/ Ministry of Health , they are creating a data base and asking if she is willing to be deployed to other hospitals around the GTA if staffing becomes an issue and would she consider "hoteling" at the hospital if it comes to that. At least they have a plan.
Yeah my fiance got that paperwork last week.

Six people playing b ball in the school yard behind our house. But they are keeping their distance from each other....... With one ball!

Six people playing b ball in the school yard behind our house. But they are keeping their distance from each other....... With one ball!

Same thing here, the neighborhood soccer field is still being used every day, and the yellow tape taken down from around the basketball poles. Oblivious doucheballs.

Douggie looked like he was about to cry in his press conference.

He went to visit a medical supply warehouse. No direct comment on what he saw but moved on to saying we are ordering a crap ton of supplies. He expects serious shortage of medical supplies in the near future.

Now that we have a provincial bylaw on groups 5 and under , if they make this an enforcement , some poor cop has to go ticket these idiots. We already have one policeman and one firefighter in Oakville with positive results. The parents should get the ticket and it should be in the 5k range. Ticket a few and well publicize it and the groups will shrink.

This is also a concern in Mexico where they have the 2nd highest rate of obesity, along with diabetes, which is another higher risk complicaton for COVID-19. Also with a gov who is only now understanding it is a real problem and not some voodoo issue or rich person disease.

They can make ventilators faster than they can make people skinny. A fix isn't happening fast (Ever)

I've never seen a cop in our neighbourhood before. The last three days I have seen three different unmarked cars cruising the streets (including up and down the courts). Not sure if it is Covid related or of they are here for some other reason but I found it strange that it went from none in a year to daily eyes on the streets.

Same thing here, the neighborhood soccer field is still being used every day, and the yellow tape taken down from around the basketball poles. Oblivious doucheballs.
Ditto

sorry which Hoispital is this?? You can not legally put a DNR on anybody in Ontario unless the family invokes power of attorny and orders it. And even then good luck getting it through without a hospital hearing. Its Ontario not a third world.

Someone in the field told me that first responders often ignore DNR as they don't know if there are any conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom