• Liberal Majority

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • PC led Minority

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Liberal led Minority

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More and more as i get older, this seems to be turning into a popularity contest, rather than a vote.

Watching the news and Trudeau was losing his voice trying to whip up the crowd in Windsor (all 3 ridings are projected incumbent NDP wins). He looked truly scared. I think he's realizing that come Tuesday (as O'leary says) he's going to be "taken out behind the barn".
I saw that too. Reminds me of the look on someone's face when they get a new boss and they just know they will soon be be let go. Those last few days of waiting must be agonizing.

We take turns of blaming the Conservatives and voting in the Liberals, then blaming the Liberals and voting in the Conservatives. This one is looking increasingly like it will be a minority, possibly even a Conservative minority. Given that certain parties that are polar opposites aren't likely to work together ... that has some really interesting ramifications.

I like that. Shakes things up a little. We need that.

I've already voted ... nothing for me to do now but sit back and watch.

We take turns of blaming the Conservatives and voting in the Liberals, then blaming the Liberals and voting in the Conservatives. This one is looking increasingly like it will be a minority, possibly even a Conservative minority. Given that certain parties that are polar opposites aren't likely to work together ... that has some really interesting ramifications.

I like that. Shakes things up a little. We need that.

I've already voted ... nothing for me to do now but sit back and watch.
That's the way a 2 party system works -- the pendulum swings. Occasionally it's close, the pendulum took a big swing to the right last week, it's given back a bit today according to the polls. Polls are indicating a PC minority is most likely as of today.

The robocalls are interesting. All we're getting is PC calls -- so far from my riding guy, John Baird, and Scheer himself -- all asking me to get to the ballot box now. The other half of my house is red carded, no Lib robo calls for her yet, suggest to me the Liberals are watching the polls and aren't yet confident about sending their loyal to vote -- they need more time.

What’s the drinking game rules for Election Day?
Drink. Lots. We'll need it.

There is no good outcome in this election. Best case, we get a knob that wastes a lot of money. Worst case, we get a knob that wastes a lot of money and then we do this again in a few months.

Best case, we get a minority government with no coalition agreement, and they each won't let the other side do either the crazy left wing or crazy right wing stuff. No one will want to work with the Conservatives, but the Libs and NDP aren't completely on the same page, either.

Actually the best case that I can foresee is that we get a Conservative minority, Justin Trudeau resigns (customary for a leader who loses to do so), and the Libs eventually get a new leader who isn't carrying Trudeau's baggage. If we have another election in a year, our choices ought to be better than what we have now.

Even if we get a Liberal minority and Scheer resigns, the Conservatives get to choose a new leader. IMO Scheer should never have been put in that position in the first place.

Obviously folks can see what I'm hoping for: a minority government. Don't care which variety.

From http://www.338canada.com/ they predict roughly an 81% probability of a minority, with Conservative slightly in the lead.

If we get a minority I think this might be one of the rare situations where a coalition forms. I'm guessing the Liberals will do anything to at least one hand on the reigns, and realistically the best chance for NDPs to advance their agenda is by grabbing Trudeau by his egos and squeezing - it's about the only way they can hope to wield federal power.

What I’d like isn’t going to happen I don’t think. A lib/ndp coalition but with Trudeau stepping down. Maybe if there’s a Conservative minority it may.

Trudeau needs to go to get rid of the cult behaviour. The lib party is strong and smart enough to survive and be better for it. Ditching some of the more fringe/woke/politically correct ideas will make them better.

What I’d like isn’t going to happen I don’t think. A lib/ndp coalition but with Trudeau stepping down. Maybe if there’s a Conservative minority it may.

Trudeau needs to go to get rid of the cult behaviour. The lib party is strong and smart enough to survive and be better for it. Ditching some of the more fringe/woke/politically correct ideas will make them better.
Something tells me Trudeau will fight tooth and nail before being led out behind the shed, I expect shenanigans.

Something tells me Trudeau will fight tooth and nail before being led out behind the shed, I expect shenanigans.
He wants his pension. Peoplekind, can't simply live on a trust fund.

Back
Top Bottom