• Liberal Majority

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • PC led Minority

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Liberal led Minority

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best case, we get a minority government with no coalition agreement, and they each won't let the other side do either the crazy left wing or crazy right wing stuff. No one will want to work with the Conservatives, but the Libs and NDP aren't completely on the same page, either.

Actually the best case that I can foresee is that we get a Conservative minority, Justin Trudeau resigns (customary for a leader who loses to do so), and the Libs eventually get a new leader who isn't carrying Trudeau's baggage. If we have another election in a year, our choices ought to be better than what we have now.

Even if we get a Liberal minority and Scheer resigns, the Conservatives get to choose a new leader. IMO Scheer should never have been put in that position in the first place.

Obviously folks can see what I'm hoping for: a minority government. Don't care which variety.

From http://www.338canada.com/ they predict roughly an 81% probability of a minority, with Conservative slightly in the lead.

Word on the street is Peter Mackay is likely going to be the next leader, especially if scheer loses.

That's the way a 2 party system works -- the pendulum swings. Occasionally it's close, the pendulum took a big swing to the right last week, it's given back a bit today according to the polls. Polls are indicating a PC minority is most likely as of today.

The robocalls are interesting. All we're getting is PC calls -- so far from my riding guy, John Baird, and Scheer himself -- all asking me to get to the ballot box now. The other half of my house is red carded, no Lib robo calls for her yet, suggest to me the Liberals are watching the polls and aren't yet confident about sending their loyal to vote -- they need more time.
I don't think people should be afraid of a minority government. Germany, arguably the economic powerhouse of the euro union has more than 8 party's with seats in parliament. It offers checks and balances in parliament, before the passing of new legislation...
A two party system blows. You have the right to vote - but no one to vote for. you only have one choice, this or that. after this election I hope we have a four party system in place.

Last edited:
We have a multi party system, its not really anybodies fault certain parties will always be on the fringe thats just the way it is.

I don't think people should be afraid of a minority government. Germany, arguably the economic powerhouse of the euro union has more than 8 party's with seats in parliament. It offers checks and balances in parliament, before the passing of new legislation...
A two party system blows. You have the right to vote - but no one to vote for. you only have one choice, this or that. after this election I hope we have a four party system in place.
Did you confuse us with the U.S.? Last i checked we have more then 2.

If people aren't voting for the other 2 then that's on them.

It's Singhs turn for a stupid idea.

500,000 affordable housing units constructed across canada within the next 10 years. He says the plan will cost 32,000,000,000 and calls it ambitious.

Ambitious? $64,000 per constructed dwelling is far from ambitious, it's bat%&$ crazy. Even if you ignore the cost of the land (which I am sure he would do in his estimate as that would make the apparent cost much higher), getting materials and labour to construct the dwellings for that money is not going to happen. Hell, that is only 50% above the cost to construct a single underground parking spot in Toronto.

So the question becomes, is he stuck on 500,000 units or a 32 billion dollar budget? I think he is probably off by a factor of at least two or three (assuming land cost is not counted).

My prediction: Singh is going to surprise people.

And I'm OK with a minority. Nobody in this election is really fit to hang out alone in the playground this time around. Having to drag along a "sibling" and negotiate a middle ground on things to be able to move forward together could probably be the best outcome right now.

Given the shaky footing all the parties will probably be on afterwards if there's a fractious minority it will likely ward off any confidence motion votes that would lead to a snap election, either - the electorate will be in no mood for that kind of stupidity and could swiftly deliver a majority at the expense of whatever party triggered the snap election to begin with. And no parties will have the war chest needed for a snap election right away anyways.

Word on the street is Peter Mackay is likely going to be the next leader, especially if scheer loses.
Need a pretty boy to go against a pretty boy I guess? I know Mackay has some experience but are there any other options on the blue side?

Need a pretty boy to go against a pretty boy I guess? I know Mackay has some experience but are there any other options on the blue side?
Pierre!!!!!!

In all seriousness Lisa Raitt has a rising star, although it looks like she may be fighting for her seat this time around.

It's Singhs turn for a stupid idea.

500,000 affordable housing units constructed across canada within the next 10 years. He says the plan will cost 32,000,000,000 and calls it ambitious.

Ambitious? $64,000 per constructed dwelling is far from ambitious, it's bat%&$ crazy. Even if you ignore the cost of the land (which I am sure he would do in his estimate as that would make the apparent cost much higher), getting materials and labour to construct the dwellings for that money is not going to happen. Hell, that is only 50% above the cost to construct a single underground parking spot in Toronto.

So the question becomes, is he stuck on 500,000 units or a 32 billion dollar budget? I think he is probably off by a factor of at least two or three (assuming land cost is not counted).
Isn't this the time all candidates start spouting off fairy tales to get that last moment of attention?

Last edited:
In all seriousness Lisa Raitt has a rising star, although it looks like she may be fighting for her seat this time around.

Will Miltonians vote for the buddy of Justin with the nice hair and zero experience parachuted into the riding over the incumbent with the proven track record. Stay tuned.

Will Miltonians vote for the buddy of Justin with the nice hair and zero experience parachuted into the riding over the incumbent with the proven track record. Stay tuned.

A lot of these politicians are like that these days, one day your telling everyone you have lots of experience as an Insurance broker....next minute your just a career politician with 0 life or work experience.

This is my riding , so I'm watching closely. I had dinner with a gal on Friday night that was also a paddler, serious amateur (gold medals internationaly) and she wished she could vote for Adam since he was also a paddler , like her. I scratched my head and poured more wine.

This is the state of elections in Canada (and milton) today. A known quanity with MP experience, porfolio creeds, seems well spoken and is on the record that she didnt like the tone and smears of this campaign , and an opponent that runs around shirtless at the cottage with Justin, has no political experience is giving her a run for the money. Oy vey.

one day your telling everyone you have lots of experience as an Insurance broker....next minute your just a career politician with 0 life or work experience.

Which has SFA to do with the question of who will win that riding.

I highlighted the important similarity for you.

ty for trying to insult me w/o any constructive input. However, no where did I say we have a two party system. carry on.
You`re welcome.

I highlighted the important similarity for you.

So Leader of the House and Leader of the Opposition is zero experience? On what planet?

So Leader of the House and Leader of the Opposition is zero experience? On what planet?

In other words...a career politician with 0 real world experience.

Pretty sure he went straight into elected office straight out of school, with a 6 figure income and a platinum pension, while pretending to be an insurance broker.

Edit: My apologies, he was elected to office even BEFORE he even finished school..

Last edited:
IPSOS just released the final poll:

33% Conservative
31% Liberal
18% NDP
6% Green
7% Bloc Quebecois
3% PPC

The PPC is stopping the Conservatives from getting close to a majority it seems. Most Canadian daily newspapers ran articles stating that Andrew Scheer is the best choice for PM in their opinion. I look at the election platforms and there really isn't a lot of difference between Scheer and Trudeau. Trudeau carries a lot of baggage and corruption though. Voter turnout will decide, and it looks like the Bloc and Cons have the most reliable voters.

I see the Liberals losing Quebec, and that's going to kill them.

Back
Top Bottom