Canada post rant | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada post rant

Mines not a foot route but yes I understand. Much easier to drive the truck around tossing cards in mailboxes instead of driving up the driveway and knocking. Was just curious if there was a valid reason like something stated when shipped that would make it postal office-only for pickup. I’ll see if I can send an angry email complaint.
The sender can mark the item be held for pickup, the postie will see it when he scans the item.

Was just curious if there was a valid reason like something stated when shipped that would make it postal office-only for pickup. I’ll see if I can send an angry email complaint.
Yes. There is an option for that. It's called "Card for Pick Up". That usually is the case in something very valuable etc. The postie will just leave the notification card.
Have a look at the shipping label on your box. If it says "Signature" that's all it needs - can only be delivered to a person. "Do Not Safe Drop" means they can't drop it on your doorstep, only to a person, mail box or community mail box.

Hope that helps!

Yeah that doesn't always work, and you know CP doesn't always follow through on a lot of things.
I've told my carrier several times not to cross my lawn, mostly because they have crushed my downspout in the winter because it's covered. But there have been several new carriers in my area so the message isn't being relayed.

My next step will be sending them a video of them doing it, or putting up a lawn sign like @oioioi posted

Maybe wrap your front lawn with caution tape or "police line:do not cross" tape.
I'm sure you can find some of that living in the hood. Lol

Last edited:
Any postie who uses your lawn instead of a marked path is pretty silly anyways, if they fall it's not going to be covered by WSIB.

Any postie who uses your lawn instead of a marked path is pretty silly anyways, if they fall it's not going to be covered by WSIB.
Really? I would be shocked if wsib denied a fall claim. If that actually happens often, crawling to an approved path and then calling it in makes sense.

Really? I would be shocked if wsib denied a fall claim. If that actually happens often, crawling to an approved path and then calling it in makes sense.
I would be shocked as well wsib will probably sue the home owner as well for the hazard

Sent from the future

Yeah we get warned in training; take the path always. If it looks dangerous then just refuse delivery based on there being a hazard and report it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom