Canada post rant | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada post rant

Scuba Steve

Site Supporter
So we were sent a gift card by registered mail and it disappeared while out for delivery. Started a case with Canada post miraculous they called today 15 days after it disappeared and say oh the letter carrier went to your house yesterday and found it in your mailbox, where he left it 15 days ago. But it has been opened and the gift card are missing we will deliver the empty envelope for you to sign on Monday. Wtf firstly we check the mail every day, secondly it was sent signature required. So the ******* that was supposed to deliver it stole the cards then when caught makes up a story and this and even comes up with the empty envelope is ok with the bosses there? I would call the police but they are useless as well.

Sent from the future

So we were sent a gift card by registered mail and it disappeared while out for delivery. Started a case with Canada post miraculous they called today 15 days after it disappeared and say oh the letter carrier went to your house yesterday and found it in your mailbox, where he left it 15 days ago. But it has been opened and the gift card are missing we will deliver the empty envelope for you to sign on Monday. Wtf firstly we check the mail every day, secondly it was sent signature required. So the ******* that was supposed to deliver it stole the cards then when caught makes up a story and this and even comes up with the empty envelope is ok with the bosses there? I would call the police but they are useless as well.

Sent from the future
Why would you sign for an envelope that you know is empty?
Tell them it's their problem to deal with, and take it back to the company that sent the gift card, as well.
You'll sign when your valid gift card arrives.

Why would you sign for an envelope that you know is empty?
Tell them it's their problem to deal with, and take it back to the company that sent the gift card, as well.
You'll sign when your valid gift card arrives.
Was sent by the MIL not a company. Also correct why would I sign when the contents aren't there.

Sent from the future

Last edited:

Sent from the future

Canada Post is a joke. It needs to be gutted and completely restructured. The only time we ship with them at work is if the customer explicitly requests it, and still insists on it when we tell them it’s a bad idea. I think their track record with actually delivering things is around 85%. We tell the customer if CP loses it or it doesn’t get delivered, it’s their problem.

I had a top of the line custom iMac fall off the back of a UPS truck that way.
They covered the computer's cost, but I still won't deal with them unless I have to.
Never had an issue with either USPS or Canada Post.
Canada Post should do the same, since there was no signature on your end.
Do you have receipts for the card and the letter?

My favourite is watching a package travel 15000km from Australia to mississauga in 3 days, then take 2 weeks to get from mississauga to scarborough...

I had a top of the line custom iMac fall off the back of a UPS truck that way.
They covered the computer's cost, but I still won't deal with them unless I have to.
Never had an issue with either USPS or Canada Post.
Canada Post should do the same, since there was no signature on your end.
Do you have receipts for the card and the letter?
I will have to ask the mil Canada post is saying that if they deliver the empty envelope they have done their job. LOL
What angers me most is the story of dropping it in our mailbox weeks ago, then going out yesterday and finding it missing the card. Shouldn't the first question be why did you leave registered mail without getting a signature, followed by how did you find this item after weeks. So obvious that the person who had the envelope stole the contents. Canada post should be involving the police and firing the carrier. Not saying great news we have your empty envelope.

Sent from the future

I would pressure on them for the signature.

Maybe the letter carrier signed it themselves.
They say they left it 15 days ago without a signature and miraculously was still in our mailbox. (that gets used everyday) yesterday but had been opened and the gift card removed.

Sent from the future

Canada Post shipped a shotgun to me from Edmonton to Oakville , signature required so a functioning firearm would not sit on my porch.
Nope , I come home , box on porch . I let shipper know I have received it , no signature required. He is justifiably sour , hears from Canada Post lots of people get angry when they just don’t leave stuff . Like guns?

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

They say they left it 15 days ago without a signature and miraculously was still in our mailbox. (that gets used everyday) yesterday but had been opened and the gift card removed.

Sent from the future
I doubt they'd do that for an Amazon delivery that needed a signature.
Amazon would be on their buttocks in a hurry to make it right and start pulling business if they didn't.

Forward the situation to your MP, the Minister in charge, and their shadow, rant about it there.

Sent from the future

So the LC is in violation of the policy. Ask them how they are going to compensate you

So the LC is in violation of the policy. Ask them how they are going to compensate you
Bigger issue is they are so incompetent and useless that it would be more productive stabbing myself with a fork. Questions like that might be useful if they had any oversight or responsibility to the customer but they simply don't care and have no leadership that cares. I have been down the TOS road with them before and they simply don't care it is not their responsibility to do the job apparently.

Sent from the future

So… EvoEx and I both work for CP.

Call CP and ask them for verification of the signature. Any signature required item saves the signature to CP systems. If the signature isn’t the person who is listed, you can open a claim quite easily.

For a signature required item, the delivery person has to manually scan the item, touch the “in person” button, enter the person’s first initial and last name. After that, sign for the item.

In this case, it should be an open/shut case, likely ending up with the letter carrier being sanctioned or fired.

The union will protect them, that’s what it’s designed to do - protect the lowest worker.
No. In this case it’s a case of intentional negligence and or fraud.,
This is a serious breach of protocol. This is a non-union protection item. carrier committed fraud. Union can’t do anything about it.

For anyone who isn’t informed, CP carriers have to go through near CSIS level criminal checks to ensure we aren’t bad people.

If ScubaSteve proceeds with this inquiry with proof of non signature etc, the carrier will be fired. Period.

No. In this case it’s a case of intentional negligence and or fraud.,
This is a serious breach of protocol. This is a non-union protection item. carrier committed fraud. Union can’t do anything about it.

For anyone who isn’t informed, CP carriers have to go through near CSIS level criminal checks to ensure we aren’t bad people.

If ScubaSteve proceeds with this inquiry with proof of non signature etc, the carrier will be fired. Period.
Ok how would one actually start this process. I actually want to know as there is no where to call to actually talk to someone? The person who called today was not concerned at all and said basically too bad and good luck escalating this we know what happened and don't care.

Sent from the future

I have come to know a few of my carriers over the years, just by being outside when they deliver and talking to them. My impression of the majority of them wasnt great to be honest. I could see where the 'going postal' expression came from. I was in need of work about 5 years back and applied as a carrier. Took the many tests that were required. I apparently didnt do well on one of the tests and didnt get the job. I still havent really got over the fact that somehow I am worse than the carriers I have had contact with.

Ok how would one actually start this process. I actually want to know as there is no where to call to actually talk to someone? The person who called today was not concerned at all and said basically too bad and good luck escalating this we know what happened and don't care.

Sent from the future
Easy enough to do.
Call your local carrier depot and ask to speak with a supervisor. I am guessing you will be in the Hespeler or Galt carrier area. Call one of their offices - if you have to wrong one, ask for the appropriate phone number to call the local office.

Once you’re in touch with the local office, notify the supervisor there that you wish to initiate a FRAUD charge for delivery of a signature item.
This is a serious offence. Not something that can be swept under the rug. Get the supervisor’s name and direct contact information.

This alone should be enough. If things aren’t to your satisfaction, escalate it to the regional director. It’s a pretty straightforward process, but you may need to spend a bit of time on the phones,.

Back
Top Bottom