Canada post rant | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada post rant

I guess a slightly less crooked way to end at this point was carrier maybe put it in the wrong box and one of your neighbours burgled you. LC went back through the boxes and found it. Seems unlikely though. Neighbour probably wouldn't have left envelope in their box after stealing from it and LC should have marked it delivered (stuck to another piece of mail and they didn't see it go in?).
After a month I can't fathom it.

Sent from the future

Yes we always ship with anyone but Canada post as the time cost is more than the shipping cost. Everyone else will pick up packages and deal with things the same day.

Sent from the future
I use Canada Post almost everyday (customers choice) and maybe I am lucky but I have no issues at all with package handling or pick ups.
If I send the pickup request by 12pm they are here around 3pm.

Well they certainly reached new levels of neglect and incompetents today I just got a email that they closed the ticket it took hours to create because they carded the letter for delivery. I give up you couldn't design a better system to keep customers in the dark and frustrated.

Sent from the future

Well they certainly reached new levels of neglect and incompetents today I just got a email that they closed the ticket it took hours to create because they carded the letter for delivery. I give up you couldn't design a better system to keep customers in the dark and frustrated.

Sent from the future
Do police give you any more than a report number for theft of mail? I would hope CP would have a more reasonable response to police at the door but would be shocked if you could get police to the door.

Do police give you any more than a report number for theft of mail? I would hope CP would have a more reasonable response to police at the door but would be shocked if you could get police to the door.
I can't imagine they care CP is supposed to be self policing with inspectors etc. It is just made impossible to contact them by sheer incompetence and bureaucracy.

Sent from the future

Update
As I had suspected no one cares. The advice is to sign for it and have the sender open a investigation. But nothing we can do sucks to be you, not our problem.

Sent from the future
If it’s a signature item, refuse delivery. Done.

Any Updates Mr. ScubaSteve?

Nothing yet I have an email that a supervisor will look into it I have to go down to the post office tonight maybe to refuse delivery just a pain in the ass as the post office is an hour drive from home round trip

Sent from the future

Not the hi jack this thread.
Any other decent couriers with reasonable costs?
Trying to price out shipping Givi Cases from GTA to Cornwall.
CP is crazy high.

P.S. hope you get this sorted out @Scuba Steve

Not the hi jack this thread.
Any other decent couriers with reasonable costs?
Trying to price out shipping Givi Cases from GTA to Cornwall.
CP is crazy high.

P.S. hope you get this sorted out @Scuba Steve
If you have a Costco membership there's actually good discounts for ship time for personal shipping you can also try FreightCom online

Sent from the future

If you have a Costco membership there's actually good discounts for ship time for personal shipping you can also try FreightCom online

Sent from the future
WOW. Thank you @Scuba Steve .
Hard to believe.
Here are the results of a 15" X 30" by 24" by 30 lbs package.

1676578771506.png
VS. Canada Post
1676578821198.png

Attachments

• 1676578646426.png
    1676578646426.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 16
Here's another one. This guys mom signed for a registered letter recently. Unfortunately she died last year. Nine years ago same guy was on the news bashing CP for forging another signature on registered mail.

I suppose one can be thankful that at least he got the letter intact.

I don't understand why a letter carrier would do this, what do they care if you`re home to receive this or not? It just goes back in the stream for another delivery attempt at a later date.

EDIT: And actually i'm pretty certain we can just leave a delivery slip notice and direct you to pick it up at your local Retail Post Office at your convenience...

Last edited:
I suppose one can be thankful that at least he got the letter intact.

I don't understand why a letter carrier would do this, what do they care if you`re home to receive this or not? It just goes back in the stream for another delivery attempt at a later date.
here comes the CP employee to defend this horrible monopoly.

(just kidding, I like CP, and my mailman is one of the nicest humans on this planet)

here comes the CP employee to defend this horrible monopoly.

(just kidding, I like CP, and my mailman is one of the nicest humans on this planet)
giphy.gif

Canada post is great. Sent some weed to Portugal for my last vacation. Cost me 1 stamp and it made it to the hotel before I did. A+

Here's another one. This guys mom signed for a registered letter recently. Unfortunately she died last year. Nine years ago same guy was on the news bashing CP for forging another signature on registered mail.

Actually, my CP experiences have been not too bad. The ladies at my local Shoppers are great, been there for years. I realized they may not be CP employees, but they are my interface with CP.

Any Rogers haters out there............? My mom died September 2013, we returned her cable box to a Rogers store, no problem. A week later I called to cancel her account and was told I have to go back to the Rogers store with a death certificate. While on the phone asked and was informed that there was no process to mail, or fax or scan /email a death certificate to Rogers, had to be done in person........ Went back to Rogers store and, needless to say, of the 3 - 4 people we spoke to there no one knew what to do, they called their office and couldn't figure it out, so after 45 minutes of this I left.

Rogers is a national company with millions of customers. I'm pretty confident my mom was not the first, or even the 10,000th Rogers' customer to pass on while being a Rogers customer, (in fact, I have it on good authority that being a Rogers customer is a cause of death for many............) but they appeared to have no formal system to deal with it. You'd think they would want to make it as painless as possible for family members, but no, that would be too simple.

So, beginning in October 2013 we starting getting Rogers invoices showing a $15 credit against my mom's account (her billing address was my home, she lived in LTC) . These statements came monthly for years and now they come every quarter. I used to write "Return to Sender, Addressee Deceased" for years on the envelope and toss it back in the mail, but I gave up that up 7 or 8 years ago. I also decided not try to call and and get this resolved, let them send this cr note for eternity. You'd think a competent company would have a process to automatically review a cr. invoice notice that has been issued regularly for almost 10 years.

When my mom passed last year it went surprisingly well with Rogers. I called, told the guy she had died and I wanted to cancel. Guy offered his condolences several times and told me her cable box was owned by her and even offered suggestions as to what I could do with it. No proof of anything required. They didnt prorate by date, just waved everything and immediately sent me an email with a $0 balance. I was shockingly impressed.

But since this a CP thread, had to pay them around $100 to forward her mail for a year. I can guarantee there is mail that was not forwarded as Christmas went by and she used to receive a lot of cards and there were numerous people that I couldnt contact to let them know she passed. The only things I get are bills.

On a positive note, the 'No Junk Mail' sign does seem to work. Before I put that up her mailbox would be overflowing with crap when I went by every week. It dropped down to virtually nothing. I put one on my mailbox a month later and noticed the same result.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom