Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins

Swap in a 10 to 20 hp electric motor and extension cord and plug it into your EV outlet. Lots of power, not much noise. Heavy bastard though.
20hp! Yikes. It would weigh a lot.

20hp! Yikes. It would weigh a lot.
More weight equals more traction to power through the windrow.

I figured the motor would be a surplus industrial three-phase motor running through a 1 to 3 phase vfd so that costs you some power from the plate rating.

I've got a 5hp single phase on the shelf for a different project but I'm not sure if that would be sufficient power. Probably more torque than the ICE it replaced though.

Lights stay up until March. Sorry, I am not climbing a ladder on a 3 foot snowbank to appease your displeasure. But I do unplug them, eventually.

Went to help the neighbour as his blower still hasn’t started. Mine works like a charm but damn shear pin snapped again. At least I was close to the end, got adventurous and took on more than the blower can take.

Ah well.

Went to help the neighbour as his blower still hasn’t started. Mine works like a charm but damn shear pin snapped again. At least I was close to the end, got adventurous and took on more than the blower can take.

Ah well.
I have never snapped a shear pin strange that you do all the time mine will stall before it snaps the pins.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

I have never snapped a shear pin strange that you do all the time mine will stall before it snaps the pins.

10+ years of the ARIENS mower in Wasaga and I’ve never snapped a shear pin there either. And the snow drifts there are massive as we go rarely and have to break through the ice that the snowplows leave.

Highest was 5-6ft to break through. Took me 3hrs.

Lots to catch up on in here.

1. Kids should start on skis
2. My drive around Downsview side streets this morning saw at least 15 city buses buried
3. Best snow blower that I have is the 65 hp tractor and 8 foot wide rear blower
4. Snow boarders suck donkey balls
5. Had to pull over off the QEW this morning and clean the snow out of the rims. As soon as I got above 80 kph the steering wheel wanted to shake out of my hands. #deepsnowdriving
6. Highlight of my day was the SUV blowing by me on the right side at 120+ who proceeded to blow into the closed lane pile of snow with a big cascade cloud

10+ years of the ARIENS mower in Wasaga and I’ve never snapped a shear pin there either. And the snow drifts there are massive as we go rarely and have to break through the ice that the snowplows leave.

Highest was 5-6ft to break through. Took me 3hrs.
I may have had to change one. Blame it on the weather.

I may pick up one of those small electric shovels for our deck and front stairs. Can’t get the big snowblower up there.

I haven't snapped a shear pin in >25yrs. That's when I changed to a bolt/nut. Same machine.
Mine uses the nut and bolt setup. Neighbour is a good guy so he bought me the pin ones and I’ll give that a whirl.

First year with a snowblower. Bought a Yamaha track drive back in August. Normally I'd dread getting home after work having to deal with a foot of snow. Not anymore:cool:

Where are you getting the bolts from are you using a cheap ungraded Bolt try putting a grade 5 in

The bolts that sheared were bought from a store that sells direct OEM replacement. I'll try and find the Grade 5 bolts.

I'm honestly much happier to be replacing shear bolts than ripping apart the gearbox due to the shear bolts NOT shearing!

Cable busted on my garage door. Guess I should have preemptively replaced mine when I did my wifes. Installed her old one that wasnt broken as a temporary fix. Will get new cables today. Opener is ****** as closing the door requires probably 40 lbs of down pressure. Will fix that once the new cables are on.

Back
Top Bottom