Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Been stuck in the same spot at 404/401 for 30 mins

Took the kids out skiing in the powder. Epic fail. Lots of crashes. Lots of skiis knocked off. Had to push a kid 650m 6' at a time to get to a lift. They will stick to groomed snow for a while.

Yeah, skiing/boarding pow is a much different technique than doing groomers.

Our first time we spent more time flailing around in waist-deep snow trying to get back onto our boards than actual boarding.

But now, pow days are the only thing we look forward to.

Okanagan Champagne Powder FTW!

Our first time we spent more time flailing around in waist-deep snow trying to get back onto our boards than actual boarding.

It was only ~12" but still no good for them. None of us were on skiis big enough to float (maybe mine would if I carried a lot more speed than I can with the kids). On groomers, kids are pretty good around 30-40 kph. In the powder, they didn't break 20.

On groomers, kids are pretty good around 30-40 kph.

Wait till they get older/better, you'll be screaming at them to slow down all the time.

Our friends from Calgary visit us every season and they always pawn off their 10 and 12-year old boys on us while they leisurely slalom down the hills.

"Remember, not too fast and make sure you TURN when you go down the hill!" they instruct their kids before we take off.

Then as soon as we we're all out of sight, we all race down the hill, them in straight-line full-tuck mode. I swear we're hitting close to 80 km/h.

At the bottom, they tell their parents, "We like skiing with Uncle Gene, he lets us go FAAAAST!"

And that's how I lost my baby-sitting privileges.

Wait till they get older/better, you'll be screaming at them to slow down all the time.

Our friends from Calgary visit us every season and they always pawn off their 10 and 12-year old boys on us while they leisurely slalom down the hills.

"Remember, not too fast and make sure you TURN when you go down the hill!" they instruct their kids before we take off.

Then as soon as we we're all out of sight, we all race down the hill, them in straight-line full-tuck mode. I swear we're hitting close to 80 km/h.

At the bottom, they tell their parents, "We like skiing with Uncle Gene, he lets us go FAAAAST!"

And that's how I lost my baby-sitting privileges.
Seems like a reasonable strategy when people dump kids on you. Unlike their mom, I dont have a real speed limit for the kids. If they are in control, situationally aware and making good decisions, they can go faster if they want. If they are losing the ability to stay on top of one of those things, they get told to slow down.

Gotta love it! I worked at big white for a year 10 years ago. Such great snow. Just got back from Fernie, Panorama, Kicking horse, Whitewater, and Lake louise. I was the only one there with race skis. Really need to pick up some powder ones.

Friendly reminder doing donuts in the mall parking lot could result in the loss of your vehicle for 14 days and cost you a whole bunch of money!! be careful out there. :D

Gotta love it! I worked at big white for a year 10 years ago. Such great snow. Just got back from Fernie, Panorama, Kicking horse, Whitewater, and Lake louise. I was the only one there with race skis. Really need to pick up some powder ones.

Yeah, it's the consistency of the snow, so dry, unlike coastal snow.

Our first time in deep pow was out at Whistler, we kept falling off our boards. We came back to the lodge absolutely soaked. If you fall in champagne powder, you just dust yourself off. Nothing sticks.

Also great when you're shoveling it as well - weighs nothing. Sucks for making snowballs though.

My wife has to wear waterproof mascara when we go skiing. One outing I had a crowd of concerned onlookers around me while I spent 15 minutes swearing loudly just trying to stand up. She thought it was funny…I don’t like skiing.

2ft of powder is not the beginner snow , heck I struggle these days and I taught skiing for a decade LOL

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Volt made a good plow until I actually got the blower out
479f6be6e422f588f03daae09ec223fe.jpg

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Shear pins snapped when I hit the Peel region snow and they left behind….thankfully my neighbour with the ATV was passing by and cleared it for me. Whew!

And another neighbour brought me some new shear pins. I know what I’m doing when kids go sleep. Just wish that motorcycle lift wasn’t full of motorcycle parts.

CB36162A-A1AC-499E-A10A-D33A394B6FB0.jpeg

Typical disc/wheel drive? Could be belt tension, could be rubber tire inside that is giving up.

The cable tensioner on the cable from the hand controls tensions the belt right? Don’t really want to flip this thing up and play with the innards if I don’t have to. Worked ok today just didn’t drive well into the thicker stuff…I needed to get some momentum up and throw it into the drifts.

Back
Top Bottom