Beef | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beef

Yeah, the west has plenty to teach those poor farmers about raising "beefier" cattle.

Like steroids. And hormones.

And then our supermarkets can teach their stores how to re-dye packaged meats so they remain redder for longer.
Yup. We stopped buying meat in some of the local supermarkets. The water is just flowing out of the meat.

They pump them full of water to maximize the weight on the scale.

Yup. We stopped buying meat in some of the local supermarkets. The water is just flowing out of the meat.

They pump them full of water to maximize the weight on the scale.

I also read that instead of red dye, they pump the meat with carbon monoxide to do the same thing.

Don't know the veracity of that though.

Chicken is the worst , the fresh killed chicken goes into a chill bath to quickly cool the meat where it picks up a huge amount of water , bacon also you can see it steam in the pan .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I look forward to striploins this summer that don't break the bank. I refuse to buy a lot of cuts at the grocery store that just border on highway robbery now. Even Costco is getting out of hand - $20+ each for their striploins, yeah, not buying them.

We've recently found a private farm that is selling their own professionally processed cows and have really been enjoying the roasts.

Got a brisket from them a few weeks ago and slapped it on the smoker and it was also great.

1642208465488.png

Happier supporting a farm directly at this point. Chuck and Rump roasts, $8/pound. Briskets $7/lb.

Last edited:
I’ve never been a huge fan of game meat simply because to get good results produces steaks and roasts that aren’t the way I enjoy them . We still eat it occasionally when a pot roast or similar is on the menu. Elk tenderloin is treat , but you have a lot of elk left once you eat a tenderloin.

I grabbed Costco ribeyes yesterday, 17.50 ea for good size ribeye. About 1 1/4 thick , I prefer 1 1/2 1 3/4 , but grilled up nicely . AAA grade , about half the price of my usual butcher . Prime was $34.00lb , I cooked for friends , but they aren’t that good of friends .

I cooked for friends , but they aren’t that good of friends

I see I'm not the only one having this same inner monologue while staring at cuts of meat at the grocery store lol.

Hopefully beef prices will come down a bit.

In the meantime, these are on the menu for tonight along with 7 more of their friends…

31b5cd9911f5d27e8649bcbb16c84f45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully beef prices will come down a bit.

In the meantime, these are on the menu for tonight along with 7 more of their friends…

31b5cd9911f5d27e8649bcbb16c84f45.jpg

Have you ever tried frying the tight roe sacks from them in the spring? Omg,so good.

I haven’t…but keep hearing how good they are. Not sure I could to be honest.

Taste and texture is the same as the fillets.A little sweeter. Cook them the same.

Isn’t that what started coronavirus? Somebody eating roe sack?

Both my kids would eat the roe, but wouldn't eat the perch fillets. They were afraid of bones.

Tonight is fake OssoBucco, beef shank was on sale at about 1/4 the price of veal. Simmer it all day in a crockpot of tomato sauce and red wine and nobody can tell the difference. At least at this house #mangacakes

Threw a chuck roast in the instant pot 20 minutes ago. 3 pounder from dead frozen will be fall apart perfectly done in 95 minutes, with a 30 minute slow pressure release after that. Every bit as good as if it had thawed for 2 days and spent an entire day in the crock pot slow cooking.

As much as I love my smoker, for a lot of things, the instant pot is magical.

Our friend and roommate had a sous-vide. We used it a lot when we were living with her. That thing was amazing, meat perfectly cooked through and through every single time. Huge appliance though, low on the priority list for a standalone device.

This is in contrast to our new air fryer, can't get the hang of that thing. Looks done on the outside, undercooked/raw on the inside. But not all the time.

Annoying.

People swear by these air fryers, maybe it's just ours.

Back
Top Bottom