Avoiding fortnine now | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Avoiding fortnine now

I don't like Fortnine at all. Next day shipping, great pricing, tons of selection. My wallet absolutely hates Fortnine and my wife hates Fortnine. Death to Fortnine ☠️☠️☠️
Opposite here - placed order on Aug 29th, no confirmation email, no shipping notification - nothing. Today I received email, that it will be delayed with no estimated shipping date. I just cancelled my order.

Opposite here - placed order on Aug 29th, no confirmation email, no shipping notification - nothing. Today I received email, that it will be delayed with no estimated shipping date. I just cancelled my order.
Did you order something out of stock? It says on the product page whether they have it or not. Never had this issue in years so it's not the shop's fault, probably the manufacturer.

I ordered a pair of riding pants from Fortnine. Came over in 2 days. Didn't like the fit and sent it back. Was refunded the entire amount - $7+tax
I ordered 2 pairs again, arrived in 2 days. Kept 1 and will send back the other owing to a mis-fit (Klim's fitment chart is a joke! )

Truly appreciate the timely delivery and the hassle free returns from Fortnine!
I actually forgot to ask what pants you had on. They looked like good quality and comfortable.

Did they make you return the old one at your expense?
I received a pair of Icon jeans from F9 that were not correctly sewn in my opinion - one side was wider than the other one. I complained to F9, they asked for the photos and sent me a free return label.

So I have no doubt that F9 will make it right if something will go wrong.

Found a pic. They were actually Scropion, not Icon. Sorry, Icon.

I've made three purchases from Fortnine over the past couple months. On one, I got an email later that same day stating that the item was actually out of stock, apologizing, and refunding my credit card. The other two went as smoothly as could be. I'd have no issues ordering from them going forward.

based on this, where should I go to buy gear in person now?
Been buying online so long, have no idea who has great selection anymore

Yea, tough call not a lot of physical motorcycle stores that I’m aware of. Of course, always depends on what you’re looking for.

Seems to be always more ‘cruiser’ types places rather than ‘sport’ type places.

When I was looking for my boots came across this place in Brantford, ON call dualsportsplus.com had some decent selections, ultimately not what I wanted but I thought one of these times when I’m out and about I’d drop in, haven’t yet but maybe sometime.

I’m sure someone at some point has compiled a list of stores.

Cheers,

GP Bikes has a pretty huge selection, as does Royal Distributing.
Riders Choice has a decent amount and I would think so do many of the major bike shops, like Apex, Two Wheel, Snow City, Vos and more.

@shanekingsley we were at Apex a couple of week's ago and their gear selection, especially for women sucked...didn't have much of anything except for helmets...majority of the stuff they had was more cruiser gear too...girl behind the reception desk said they were waiting for more stock

was also at Two-Wheel in Guelph about a week ago and they had pretty decent stock (not much for women but better than Apex)...

@shanekingsley we were at Apex a couple of week's ago and their gear selection, especially for women sucked...didn't have much of anything except for helmets...majority of the stuff they had was more cruiser gear too...girl behind the reception desk said they were waiting for more stock

was also at Two-Wheel in Guelph about a week ago and they had pretty decent stock (not much for women but better than Apex)...
My gut says that places like Royal and GP might be the better ones for women's selection, only because those stores have a such a large footprint dedicated to gear in general. While I'm not totally surprised that the others don't have adequate selection of women's gear - I would have hoped it would be good enough. It certainly sucked 15 years ago when shopping for a full suit for my wife.

Reality for myself is that I buy all my gear used, but it's generally new or in new condition, where someone bought something and then didn't use it and sells it off for a steep discount. But that doesn't really help others for trying on a variety of stuff to compare and contrast.

As much as I like Apex as a dealership, their gear selection is pretty slim. I was also there a few weeks ago, and that's what it's always like.

I've never bought tires off Fortnine before because I usually like to buy local. I don't mind spending a couple bucks extra to support the local shop, but for some reason the local price was $50 more for one rear tire and I thought that was a bit much (Fortnine was $275 all in for a Michelin Road 5). I placed my order yesterday at 11am and the tire arrived today at 5pm. That's pretty crazy. Normally I would have to wait a week or so for the shop to get it and then ride 30 minutes each way to pick it up.

Got me thinking about how much more I would be willing to wait for an item and how much more is reasonable to pay to buy things off the bricks and mortar shops. 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%? I'm not sure.

I've never bought tires off Fortnine before because I usually like to buy local. I don't mind spending a couple bucks extra to support the local shop, but for some reason the local price was $50 more for one rear tire and I thought that was a bit much (Fortnine was $275 all in for a Michelin Road 5). I placed my order yesterday at 11am and the tire arrived today at 5pm. That's pretty crazy. Normally I would have to wait a week or so for the shop to get it and then ride 30 minutes each way to pick it up.

Got me thinking about how much more I would be willing to wait for an item and how much more is reasonable to pay to buy things off the bricks and mortar shops. 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%? I'm not sure.
Interesting. Historically, I've found Fortnine to be significantly more than local shops. I've always wondered if it's because the manufacturer's limit advertised prices, as Pete's has usually made you do a stock request to get true pricing. Maybe the gloves are coming off with the manufacturers now?

Interesting. Historically, I've found Fortnine to be significantly more than local shops. I've always wondered if it's because the manufacturer's limit advertised prices, as Pete's has usually made you do a stock request to get true pricing. Maybe the gloves are coming off with the manufacturers now?
Really? Fortnine has been cheaper than Pete's for year especially when you factor in shipping and the 2 tire discount.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Really? Fortnine has been cheaper than Pete's for year especially when you factor in shipping and the 2 tire discount.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2
Maybe it's because I'm buying sports tires, but Pete's was over $100 a set cheaper when I bought some Dunlop Q4's earlier this year, even factoring for shipping. Ace Moto split the difference and discounted install, so was still lots cheaper than Fortnine. Had a similar experience buying a set of Pirelli DRC II's a couple years ago, too...

I spooned a set of new tires onto my bike last night in the garage.
Seems 100X more labour intensive than the last time (2013).
It's done. Me too.
Price difference was less than a buck.....F9 & petes. I used petes.

Back
Top Bottom