Avoiding fortnine now | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Avoiding fortnine now

Covid made having a solid online presence essential if the primary revenue is from gear sales. Without the in-store experience, there needs to be a way for customers to get a feel for what you sell another way...
In the case of Daytona, there were other issues as well. The proprietor lost his leg in a motorcycle accident and I think the focus got lost.

Ordered a pair of boots from Dainese online, didn’t fit (skinny Italians) had to ship they back by boat to Italy, near cost me 1/3 of the cost of the boots to ship they back took two months to get there and get refund processed, all good, my bad.

Went to Riders Choice to see what I could find, absolutely nothing. Store looked like it had been picked over, they had no idea when new stock was coming in.

Went back home ordered from FortNine, got it in 4 days and if I needed to return it $7 prepaid Canada Post RMA label.

Prices were competitive would shop again, don’t mind paying a few bucks for less hassle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered a pair of riding pants from Fortnine. Came over in 2 days. Didn't like the fit and sent it back. Was refunded the entire amount - $7+tax
I ordered 2 pairs again, arrived in 2 days. Kept 1 and will send back the other owing to a mis-fit (Klim's fitment chart is a joke! )

Truly appreciate the timely delivery and the hassle free returns from Fortnine!

ya'll tried it on and were able to send it back?
wtf

They also didnt let me post a negative review, I wonder how many of the positive ones are doctored

You are allowed to send stuff back after trying it on, you are not allowed to send it back after taking it for a ride

I find almost all boots are too narrow, Alpine Stars seemed to be the widest.
I have wide feet and agree that Alpinestars would fit me quite well. I rode with their Web Gortex boots for about 10 years and still have a pair.
Daytona is also really comfortable for wider feet, if you ever want more options in the future. Currently using their Roadstar GTX boots and also have their Security Evo boots - both super comfortable.

Never had an issue with Fortnine myself, but I usually just get bike parts from them.

I have wide feet and agree that Alpinestars would fit me quite well.
Nah......you and I have normal feet, many others I(like those who have never done physical labour or who choose a shoe design career) have skinny wussy feet.

Nah......you and I have normal feet, many others I(like those who have never done physical labour or who choose a shoe design career) have skinny wussy feet.
Lol never thought about it like that before. It would be interesting to know if people who do physical work in work boots all day for decades have dropped arches and wider feet as a result - I should ask my wife!

Lol never thought about it like that before. It would be interesting to know if people who do physical work in work boots all day for decades have dropped arches and wider feet as a result - I should ask my wife!
I’ve been wearing work boots for over forty yrs of my life.

I did end up putting prescription orthotics in to keep and arch and stop my heels from paining

since we talking feet, are there any vibration damping riding boots out there? Or my only option to get rubber footpegs?

I take it yours are metal then - mine are rubber and zero vibrations felt, so they do work well for this.
yes

great for feedback, but annoying for longer tours

Ordered a pair of boots from Dainese online, didn’t fit (skinny Italians) had to ship they back by boat to Italy, near cost me 1/3 of the cost of the boots to ship they back took two months to get there and get refund processed, all good, my bad.

Went to Riders Choice to see what I could find, absolutely nothing. Store looked like it had been picked over, they had no idea when new stock was coming in.

Went back home ordered from FortNine, got it in 4 days and if I needed to return it $7 prepaid Canada Post RMA label.

Prices were competitive would shop again, don’t mind paying a few bucks for less hassle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

based on this, where should I go to buy gear in person now?
Been buying online so long, have no idea who has great selection anymore

I have never had a problem with Fortnine. They have always sold me exactly what I ordered at a fair price. I'm glad to have a Canadian online seller that is so competent.
No matter what the business, shop or service place, you are always going to find people that love it and people that hate it. That will never change. Check lots of reviews and judge for yourself. I've had 1 or 2 bad experiences with shops I deal with, but as long as most have been positive I will stick with them.

Back
Top Bottom