Avoiding fortnine now | GTAMotorcycle.com

Avoiding fortnine now

bigpoppa

Ordered an rf1400 recently because I wanted a more aerodynamic helmet, measured my head and ordered it, normally have no issues because fortnine has always been pretty good about exchanges/returns/refunds etc and i've always had good luck with online sizing

but this no longer seems to be the case

The helmet was VERY tight, but all new helmets are tight, so I figured it would losen up after a ride or two, but nope
every time I try to take the helmet off it feels like my ears are gonna be ripped off, in addition it feels very tight around my jaw

between this and their 3 weeks to ship all orders now, I'd just be much better off going to a local dealer

bruh..you need to be leaving the tags on and wearing it inside the house for a half hr or so. if you don't get a good vibe then try another size. GP is open now, you coulda just walked in and tried a size up.

Don't want to stick it to you, but don't really see or understand how this is Fortnine's fault...........

I have an RF1200, still like new. Measured to fit, even went into the store, it was tight and a PIA to take on/off. Was my first ever lid, thought that was normal, everyone and the sales rep said it will break in, main thing is no pressure points or movement.

Well 1 year in, never broke in. I got the thinner cheekpads, they were useless, waste of money, made no difference. They make them tight to take on/off, so they are quieter, I have a Qwest, one size larger, a bit better.

Either way, not F9's fault, even when I bought in store I was told once I walk out with the lid, no return due to safety.

I recently ordered a helmet from F9 and found it tight after wearing in the house. I followed their return policy LINK and received a larger size in a few days (both items were in stock).

I had zero issues other just a bit of wait time. I would order from F9 again.

Can't speak to the return policy, as helmets are one of those items I like to try on first, though I may be taking a chance soon on a Scorpion EXO-R1 Air, as nobody local seems to have stock in the size and colour I want.

I suspect F9 is suffering from same staffing shortages outlined in that other thread. Shipping times for items listed as in stock has been upwards of 1-2 weeks on the last two orders I made when them, meaning delivery is 3-4 weeks. I'm getting stuff with free shipping from Euro sellers like FC-Moto in less than half the time, sometimes within a week.

Of course, returns are expensive shipping back, as I don't get the same rates with DHL that they do...

Ordered an rf1400 recently because I wanted a more aerodynamic helmet, measured my head and ordered it, normally have no issues because fortnine has always been pretty good about exchanges/returns/refunds etc and i've always had good luck with online sizing

The helmet was VERY tight, but all new helmets are tight, so I figured it would losen up after a ride or two, but nope
every time I try to take the helmet off it feels like my ears are gonna be ripped off, in addition it feels very tight around my jaw

between this and their 3 weeks to ship all orders now, I'd just be much better off going to a local dealer
That’s Shoei. if you have a pie faced head, they will be tight, particularly around your cheeks. When mine was new I bit the inside of my cheeks a few times.

When I put mine on it folds my ears, I have to rotate the helmet to unfold them. It gets better with time.

When time to renew my RF I decided to try something different, I got a Schuberth C3, best fit, quietest and most comfortable lid I’ve ever owned.

That’s Shoei. if you have a pie faced head, they will be tight, particularly around your cheeks. When mine was new I bit the inside of my cheeks a few times.

When I put mine on it folds my ears, I have to rotate the helmet to unfold them. It gets better with time.

When time to renew my RF I decided to try something different, I got a Schuberth C3, best fit, quietest and most comfortable lid I’ve ever owned.

thats exactly what happened
I have my old HJC but I'll check out schuberth in store this time

Sorry I just don't see how this is fortnines fault at all. More of a gripe with online sales in general maybe....?

Sorry I just don't see how this is fortnines fault at all. More of a gripe with online sales in general maybe....?

I used fortnine precisely because people always praised their exchange and return policies, and you would think a retailer with 0 ground presence would be more flexible, but alas, lesson learned

I used fortnine precisely because people always praised their exchange and return policies, and you would think a retailer with 0 ground presence would be more flexible, but alas, lesson learned
Well, it helps to read the return policy first ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It’s very straightforward:

What is New Condition?​

Helmets & Apparel: Any merchandise which has been 'taken out for a ride' is considered used and cannot be returned. We encourage you to walk on your carpet if trying boots or to wear your helmet indoors before heading out on the bike.

If taking it off and putting it on is the issue grab the chin straps on both sides and pull away as you put on/take off the helmet. New helmets nowadays seem to have smaller openings.

I bought a size down RPHA 11 online because it was on clearance for 75% off online. I though I would just buy my usual size cheek pads since the shell was the same. The fit was super tight at first and taking it on/putting it on felt the same. Like my ears were ripping off.

So, I once again, took a page from the MotoGP guys and pulled apart from the chin straps as I put it on/took it off. The helmet entry point flexes larger making it easier for both actions The cheek pads broke in perfectly for a race fit and didn't even need to get replacements. I guess I wear a size smaller now.

Give that a try if you haven't already.

Fortnine website is driving me nuts. I'm looking for new gloves and want to spend the gift credit my kids gave me for Christmas. When you go to add to cart -- everything is sold out!

Whey present items that you have no ability to sell?

Fortnine website is driving me nuts. I'm looking for new gloves and want to spend the gift credit my kids gave me for Christmas. When you go to add to cart -- everything is sold out!

Whey present items that you have no ability to sell?
Maybe a website issue? Just tried adding a pair of gloves, seemed to work fine.

You can filter to only include 'in stock' items, but that won't apply to all sizes and colours. For me. It shows if they have it (in green) once you select the options from the drop down menus...

Back
Top Bottom