Anyone weave back and forth before coming to a stop? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone weave back and forth before coming to a stop?

Nick36

So as the subject indicates... does anyone weave back and forth before coming to a stop to increase your visibility?

I don't currently do it but I thought since i do that when I approach an intersection that the same could also apply right before stopping?

So as the subject indicates... does anyone weave back and forth before coming to a stop to increase your visibility?

I don't currently do it but I thought since i do that when I approach an intersection that the same could also apply right before stopping?

No.

I only weave side to side when I'm appraoching an intersection at night and there's a car waiting to turn left to help their depth perception better see where I am in relation to their static position

No.

I only weave side to side when I'm appraoching an intersection at night and there's a car waiting to turn left to help their depth perception better see where I am in relation to their static position

I do this during the day too. And I weave a bit on the highway when passing cars, to reduce the time I spend in their blindspot.

Maybe to warm up the tires when coming to your starting position on the grid? Never heard of anyone doing it at a light. Be careful of wheel ruts on heavily used roads like, lakeshore, queensway etc. The ruts or ridges can throw off your balance and they are most pronounced at the stopping points.

This just sounds dangerous...given Alaywa's previous point, plus the oil, sand and other crap that deposits and at intersection...just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

No.

And for cars making a right into your lane.

Don't know if you'll get charged for stunting for that... might not want to risk it.

Depends how you do it. If you do it quickly and frantically, then yeah I can see you getting a police officer's attention based on a safety concern.
If you slowly and steadily go from left track to right track and back, in an APPARENT controlled way, then I don't see why there would be a problem.
All you're trying to do is change the angle of your lights a little so you're more noticeable to cars waiting to make a turn into your lane/crossing your lane.
You're not trying to start a disco with strobe effects... :shaking2:

Appreciate the quick input everyone.

Yea i mean basically I'm just trying to make myself more visible. Keeping in mind all the different variables the road provides ie. potholes, oils etc.

So it's a no to weaving before coming to a stop :) I won't be doing it then.

Yea i mean basically I'm just trying to make myself more visible. Keeping in mind all the different variables the road provides ie. potholes, oils etc.

You could try stoppies to juggle your headlight and "get noticed".

If you really want to increase your visibility, buy one of these

Hi-Viz-Reflective-Vest-UU-.jpg

It's a valid safety technique when used properly.

Let's say you're travelling on a four lane road in the curb lane. Up ahead a car is indicating a right hand turn in the same direction you are going. Swerving can make the driver realize that you're there by giving your bike "width" and letting the other driver know that you are a whole lot closer than he thought.

4:50 gets to the point
[video=youtube;eqQBubilSXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqQBubilSXU[/video]

Back
Top Bottom