Anyone into gardening here? | Page 56 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into gardening here?

Trilliums are up:
VWmfMnTl.jpg

They were trampled pretty badly last year from the guys putting the walkway in.

What a great little tool that Fiskars aerator is. Just did a bit of hard packed earth in the garden that the dogs had turned into a runway. Watered it first then used the tool. Nice big cores pulled out. Thanks for the heads up.

First hummingbird today. I can never get the buggers to stay though. They just use my garden on their flight path. Busy cleaning the feeders right now but they never seem to use them.

The dirt and grass seed I lined up beside my newly paved driveway sprouted grass yesterday after about 10 days of watering twice daily. Success! Now hopefully the 25kg of seed I put on the lawn takes.

First hummingbird today. I can never get the buggers to stay though. They just use my garden on their flight path. Busy cleaning the feeders right now but they never seem to use them.

Thanks for the reminder. Meant to put my feeder out yesterday. Now it’s done. What an absolutely gorgeous day it is today .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am looking to grow some cannabis outdoors this year, can anyone point me in the right direction? Where to get plants, soil requirements etc?

Toms in, cucumbers, leeks, hot peppers, eggplant, parsley, rosemary, lemongrass, lettuce. Arugula seeds sown, spinach sown, scallions planted. Aerated front and back lawns (manually), fertilized and top dressed and over seeded both lawns and cut grass. On the second shower and third change of clothes for the day but I’m done. Time to sit back and watch it grow…or watch the squirrels destroy the lot.

Toms in, cucumbers, leeks, hot peppers, eggplant, parsley, rosemary, lemongrass, lettuce. Arugula seeds sown, spinach sown, scallions planted. Aerated front and back lawns (manually), fertilized and top dressed and over seeded both lawns and cut grass. On the second shower and third change of clothes for the day but I’m done. Time to sit back and watch it grow…or watch the squirrels destroy the lot.
No chinese lanterns this year?

I am looking to grow some cannabis outdoors this year, can anyone point me in the right direction? Where to get plants, soil requirements etc?
I got some seeds, then they died. Did it again, and it died.

Got a plant and it worked out to 30oz last year.

This year tried seeds again and normal garden mix soil as a test.

Zero dead so far this year.
D90823EC-FA52-41C9-9D76-640B010B7EC2.jpeg

Yes, those. Very tasty.

Didn’t plant them this year, decided to spread things out a bit and plant less. Everything was too crowded last year and there were some yield issues and a lot of things were too shaded. This year I planted all the tall stuff at the edges and tiered things towards the sun.

Didn’t plant them this year, decided to spread things out a bit and plant less. Everything was too crowded last year and there were some yield issues and a lot of things were too shaded. This year I planted all the tall stuff at the edges and tiered things towards the sun.
Got any left over seeds from last year? I can toss them in the field we use for shooting and see if they grow. No loss of they don't.

I generally have a black thumb but you stick a stick into the soil here in the tropics and it sprouts in a few days. :rolleyes:
Partner is trying to grow more veg but very hard to balance heat, tropcial sun ( think UV14 ) and the correct amount of water which gets tricky with tropical showers doing the deluge thing. However cost of salady stuff is nuts and rising so worth the effort.

We have a rainforest back yard that works and lots of flowering plants in pots.

Reduced my veggie farm this year to 4 tomato plants and 4 chili pepper plants. The peppers are in the front flowerbox up right up against the house brick wall where it gets to be a zillion degrees in the sun, they grow like CRAZY there, with the correct watering , of course. Last year I had at least 25 peppers per plant. (Oh, also a couple basil plants, couple chive plants, and the ever-present perennial in my little garden, my thyme plant. No interest in cannabis these days, things are already surreal enough for me.

So I now get a hummingbird visiting every day at the same time. Here’s my non-scientific evaluation. It prefers the super cheap crappy tire plastic fantastic feeder that is clear plastic with a red base. I make my own nectar with a cup of sugar to 4-5cups water. No red dye. The bird ignores the oriole feeder which is orange (and also ******* useless for orioles too) and the fancy red glass feeder a neighbour gave me as a gift.

Bonus..the cheapo crappy tire feeder is the easiest to clean. I’m cleaning these and refilling every week since I read it’s easy for them to get dirty and pass on diseases.

So I now get a hummingbird visiting every day at the same time. Here’s my non-scientific evaluation. It prefers the super cheap crappy tire plastic fantastic feeder that is clear plastic with a red base. I make my own nectar with a cup of sugar to 4-5cups water. No red dye. The bird ignores the oriole feeder which is orange (and also ******* useless for orioles too) and the fancy red glass feeder a neighbour gave me as a gift.

Bonus..the cheapo crappy tire feeder is the easiest to clean. I’m cleaning these and refilling every week since I read it’s easy for them to get dirty and pass on diseases.
I love birds....except for pigeons. Had a parakeet a few years ago (a conure) Today I saw and heard some red-winged blackbirds in my front yard, I LOVE their call...reminds me of back home.

I love birds....except for pigeons. Had a parakeet a few years ago (a conure) Today I saw and heard some red-winged blackbirds in my front yard, I LOVE their call...reminds me of back home.

As I get older I find I’m appreciating the natural things around me more. I love nothing more sometimes than sipping a beer and watching whatever comes to feed at the feeders.

Back
Top Bottom