Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 38 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

I can say the cyclist I had the displeasure of having an encounter with on Saturday didn't paint bikers with a good light.

Crawling stop and go traffic downtown Burlington just coming into the downtown I had about a 5 or 6 foot gap to the car in front of me and from my left side (turning lane) a cyclist cuts right, in front of my truck and then carries on quickly against the curb past all of the cars in front of me. about 5 seconds later I see his friend coming up the left side of me as well so I hit my gas to close the gap to the car in front of me as I knew he was going to pull same stunt. Blew on my horn as he was in front of my windshield in between the now 3 foot gap to the car in front and just about lost control and stopped so we could both yell out "F-U" to each other a couple of times and then carried on riding his bike along the curb (no bike lane)

My only regret is not making a smaller gap to the car in front of me faster to make him crash so he could explain to the police his complete disregard of traffic laws.
I've had a motorcyclist do that. I'm sure if a car could find the space, they'd try as well. That's why I try and hate everyone equally.

My only regret is not making a smaller gap to the car in front of me faster to make him crash so he could explain to the police his complete disregard of traffic laws.
You regret not intentionally causing an accident, because you were annoyed being stuck in traffic?

I get that there’s small percent of cyclists that act like complete jackasses, same thing with motorcyclists. But the actual impact to you in this case was what? Being frustrated that you’re sitting there stuck while they go cruising past along. Having to deal with the horror of a bike squeezing past a tiny 6 ft gap in front of your stopped truck for a whole half second of your life?

And for that you’d rather have put one into a bumper god knows what injury outcome? Skewed sense of outrage there.

You regret not intentionally causing an accident, because you were annoyed being stuck in traffic?

I get that there’s small percent of cyclists that act like complete jackasses, same thing with motorcyclists. But the actual impact to you in this case was what? Being frustrated that you’re sitting there stuck while they go cruising past along. Having to deal with the horror of a bike squeezing past a tiny 6 ft gap in front of your stopped truck for a whole half second of your life?

And for that you’d rather have put one into a bumper god knows what injury outcome? Skewed sense of outrage there.

Actually it had absolutely ZERO to to with being frustrated stuck in traffic I couldn't care less how long it took me to get through the downtown.
And yes I would have loved for this idiot to get hurt in order to learn his lesson and maybe follow road rules next time he gets on his bike.

Looks like this officer would've been on my side of the argument.

When you see motorcycles speeding on the 400 and weaving between cars do wish to see them crash and get hurt?

And it’s not just that you wished this guy got hurt, you expressed regret that you hadn’t acted to cause it. That’s pretty messed up

When you see motorcycles speeding on the 400 and weaving between cars do wish to see them crash and get hurt?

And it’s not just that you wished this guy got hurt, you expressed regret that you hadn’t acted to cause it. That’s pretty messed up
I don't wish harm on anyone, however I don't feel bad or have sympathy when careless idiots hurt themselves. Do what you wish, just be prepared to face the consequences.

I don't wish harm on anyone, however I don't feel bad or have sympathy when careless idiots hurt themselves. Do what you wish, just be prepared to face the consequences.
If you close the gap to knock him off, by definition, you caused the harm. By your own admission, they fit through with a lot of space but angered you so you wished they crashed.

I can say the cyclist I had the displeasure of having an encounter with on Saturday didn't paint bikers with a good light.

Crawling stop and go traffic downtown Burlington just coming into the downtown I had about a 5 or 6 foot gap to the car in front of me and from my left side (turning lane) a cyclist cuts right, in front of my truck and then carries on quickly against the curb past all of the cars in front of me. about 5 seconds later I see his friend coming up the left side of me as well so I hit my gas to close the gap to the car in front of me as I knew he was going to pull same stunt. Blew on my horn as he was in front of my windshield in between the now 3 foot gap to the car in front and just about lost control and stopped so we could both yell out "F-U" to each other a couple of times and then carried on riding his bike along the curb (no bike lane)

I'm trying to understand here.

Were you in a turning lane to turn right and they passed you on the left (from the lane going straight through) before taking the right lane to the front of the line (possibly to turn right?)

Cyclists most often go to the front of the lines and wait there... at least that's what i've seen practiced in most places i've driven or ridden. It doesn't change anything to my driving. From what i understand the law states that they (cyclists) can pass on the right when it's safe to do so. Hell cars do the exact same thing all the time, they squeeze through next to another car to turn right on the red light even if it's just one single lane, if there is space to do so safely.

So i don't see what the issue is... how did the rider you swore at, or his friend, hinder you from getting from point A to point B, or did you at any point during these interactions feel endangered by the behaviours of the cyclists?

I'm trying to understand here.

Were you in a turning lane to turn right and they passed you on the left (from the lane going straight through) before taking the right lane to the front of the line (possibly to turn right?)

Cyclists most often go to the front of the lines and wait there... at least that's what i've seen practiced in most places i've driven or ridden. It doesn't change anything to my driving. From what i understand the law states that they (cyclists) can pass on the right when it's safe to do so. Hell cars do the exact same thing all the time, they squeeze through next to another car to turn right on the red light even if it's just one single lane, if there is space to do so safely.

So i don't see what the issue is... how did the rider you swore at, or his friend, hinder you from getting from point A to point B, or did you at any point during these interactions feel endangered by the behaviours of the cyclists?
My guess, and it is just that, they can confirm or deny...

They were hugging the curb trying to block the cyclists from passing them (if so prick move by the driver) so the cyclists went around them on the left. That is what the description sounds like to me.

Last edited:
My guess, and it is just that, they can confirm or deny...

They were hugging the curb trying to block the cyclists from passing them (if so prick move by the driver) so the cyclists went around them on the left. That is what the description sounds like to me.

Sounds legit. He pulled a ***** move on the cyclist so the cyclist countered with an appropriate level ***** move and he escalated his ****** level to Karen.

Sounds legit. He pulled a ***** move on the cyclist so the cyclist countered with an appropriate level ***** move and he escalated his ****** level to Karen.
Couldn't be more wrong. Was minding my own business in the middle of my designated lane (with room on the curb side for cyclists to pass/filter) but they decided to ride down the middle of the road (for I don't know how long) in a turning lane and cut in front of me like they could do whatever they wanted, as abruptly as they wanted (no hand signal by cyclist I might ad) with no consequences. So ya, I think the only one here pulling a **** move as you like to call it would be the self entitled cyclist.

And I will stand by my statement wishing he crashed so he could explain to the police how he wasn't following any rules of the road. And If he was riding to the right side of my vehicle I wouldn't of wished him crashing. Simple as that. I don't wish harm on anyone following the rules of the road as stated, but if you want to ride like an idiot then I couldn't care less what happens to you.

Last edited:
I've had a motorcyclist do that. I'm sure if a car could find the space, they'd try as well. That's why I try and hate everyone equally.

Cars use bike lanes all the time to squeeze through here in Toronto.

I'm glad to see the city putting cement barriers on their lanes now.

I don't wish harm on anyone following the rules of the road as stated, but if you want to ride like an idiot then I couldn't care less what happens to you.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

And I will stand by my statement wishing he crashed so he could explain to the police how he wasn't following any rules of the road. And If he was riding to the right side of my vehicle I wouldn't of wished him crashing. Simple as that. I don't wish harm on anyone following the rules of the road as stated, but if you want to ride like an idiot then I couldn't care less what happens to you.

??? I said the same thing in 2 different posts... this is getting annoying. Read posts again. No back pedal here. Enjoy your weekend.

Edit - I'll be sure to get all of my encounters on video next time since there seem to be so many lawyers in here trying to poke a hole at my story and can't seem to accept I came across an idiot cyclist and want to provide every reason possible why he could have been in the right away. Unfortunately for him, he wasn't.

Last edited:
??? I said the same thing in 2 different posts... this is getting annoying.

Uh, no.

about 5 seconds later I see his friend coming up the left side of me as well so I hit my gas to close the gap to the car in front of me as I knew he was going to pull same stunt.

And after not getting the response/high fives you expected.......

I don't wish harm on anyone, however I don't feel bad or have sympathy when careless idiots hurt themselves.

Sounds a hell of a lot like backpedaling to me.

And yes, you are getting annoying.

Last edited:
I guess we can agree to disagree, and that cyclists can break the law like they usually do, ignore road rules as long as it doesn't injure someone, cause an accident, or hinder anyone else's day.

I guess we can agree to disagree, and that cyclists can break the law like they usually do, ignore road rules as long as it doesn't injure someone, cause an accident, or hinder anyone else's day.

Car drivers, motorcyclists and cyclists all break the law constantly on the road. No ones **** doesn't stink.

Doesn't mean we can be willingly cutting people off and trying to run them over for sport.

Car drivers, motorcyclists and cyclists all break the law constantly on the road. No ones **** doesn't stink.

Doesn't mean we can be willingly cutting people off and trying to run them over for sport.
Yup. Exact same logic applies to a motorcycle going 1 over. Kill that mf to teach him a lesson. Grr. The most infuriating part is he cant see that it is the same argument.

Back
Top Bottom