Anyone here a cyclist? | Page 40 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here a cyclist?

Like if you were to prioritize what crimes should get more attention, i think murder should be a couple notches higher than buddy in lycra going 10-15km/h. He more of a nuisance than an actual criminal.

I mentioned murder for a reason. Everyone feels entitled to violate the HTA but in 2017 in Ontario we had 197 murders.

But HTA violations resulting in more deaths including.
  • 133 deaths due to drinking and driving.
  • 114 deaths due to speed.
  • 107 deaths due to distracted driving.
  • 75 deaths due to drugs.
Most pedestrian deaths are due to speed and drivers running stops. So setting up a stop in our busiest vehicle trafficked park makes sense.

If the police are going to enforce speed limits and full stops on cars which they did. They should also enforce them onto cyclists. Cyclists shouldn't get a free pass to violate the HTA to which they are supposed to be held to.

I mentioned murder for a reason. Everyone feels entitled to violate the HTA but in 2017 in Ontario we had 197 murders.

Most pedestrian deaths are due to speed and drivers running stops. So setting up a stop in our busiest vehicle trafficked park makes sense.

If the police are going to enforce speed limits and full stops on cars which they did. They should also enforce them onto cyclists. Cyclists shouldn't get a free pass to violate the HTA to which they are supposed to be held to.

Let me guess. You pick all forwards in your fantasy hockey pool.

Let me guess. You pick all forwards in your fantasy hockey pool.

Let me guess, math isn't your thing? That's a total of 429 deaths involving just those 4 violations, with a total of 617 traffic fatalities that year. Which is a fair number higher then 197.

I get your point. But just to argue for the sake of arguing, how many of those deaths were caused by cyclists?

Or are the cyclists on the receiving end of the HTA violation murder stick? And sadly a lot of those murdered cyclists rarely get justice as the driver license seems to help reduce your sentence in front of the judge. 😔

Let me guess, math isn't your thing? That's a total of 429 deaths involving just those 4 violations, with a total of 617 traffic fatalities that year. Which is a fair number higher then 197.

And only 114 of them are related to speeding. Buy yourself an abacus.

So anyhow……..about cycling, how bout that Anna Kiessenhofer??? Amateur PHD mathematician beats the powerhouse Dutch team to take gold!

I was watching the race wondering what was going on, why no one could organize a proper chase. Devastation for Van Vleuten to cross the line thinking she’d won.

I get your point. But just to argue for the sake of arguing, how many of those deaths were caused by cyclists?

That is a problem with the HTA, non-motorized vehicle accidents are not recordable. So police forces like the Toronto Police put them down as incident reports, and a lot of them are just never reported.

Titanium feels weird + WTF, why is my headset constantly loosening.

Rubber gasket #3 was installed in place of the crown race. There was no crown race other than the fork metal sleeve.
e3ae215de0f9b266111765b0b1ef81c3.jpg
a965421fb7beed89218766bb2345344f.jpg
b45086e099a37d718f72d417ab94c761.jpg

Rubber gasket #3 was installed in place of the crown race. There was no crown race other than the fork metal sleeve.
e3ae215de0f9b266111765b0b1ef81c3.jpg

AM-JKLUHn7b1YzzjwlNfa9vb-OeehYdIjBo7Kk5tzaGDjn6y_lCONAFTKeCD4uDhTWfjR2eDHx8sfawFE_jbwrcXXNfgDqI7TypgO7oWnm-jdPbMeKRyBNK_tY4WsGwy0ThGJFR5Ym9-qar1jsZXfN-gIIqm=w516-h937-no

News Talk 1010 was all over this topic this morning. Jerry Agar was great.

This a decent price? $230 The 10.3's are out now.

This a decent price? $230 The 10.3's are out now.

Goddamnit. I finally broke down and bought a stand this year but no parks were available. I got a cycle pro (bike hand) amazon special. It's decent. Does Browns allow pickup @230? I have seem sales before where the store builds their profit into the shipping and won't let you pick up at the marked price. If not, the amazon one is still >$100 cheaper.

Goddamnit. I finally broke down and bought a stand this year but no parks were available. I got a cycle pro (bike hand) amazon special. It's decent. Does Browns allow pickup @230? I have seem sales before where the store builds their profit into the shipping and won't let you pick up at the marked price. If not, the amazon one is still >$100 cheaper.

Yes, I'm getting my brother in law to pick it up.
You have to enter noship in the vouchers section on checkout.
Only bad thing for me is it goes to paypal for payment.
The 9.2's are about $50 less, and the team ones are also on sale, but still pricey.

I got my original version of the 9 from Browns for I think $120 a few years ago because the new 9.whatever just came out. Just went by and bought it store front.

I picked up road cycling in May after picking up an older Costco bike (Tonino Lamborghini) for 50 bucks. I fixed it up as best I could and put 32mm gravel tires on it for putting around Owen Sound trails. I ended up doing 1500kms on it including a metric century.

Then a couple weeks ago I got this guy... still nothing fancy but a decent upgrade over the Lambo (which I'll be keeping as a city bike/beater)... 2009 Kona Zing.

7G8wqPZ.jpg

Carbon fork, aluminum frame, some Shimano 105 bits (shifters/brake levers, FD, chain, cassette) and an Ultegra RD. I did an imperial century last Saturday, was pretty epic:

Screenshot_20210814-142938_Strava.jpg

Any Strava users out there? Can't wait to move back to TO and blast through the local segments.

Last edited:
I picked up road cycling in May after picking up an older Costco bike (Tonino Lamborghini) for 50 bucks. I fixed it up as best I could and put 32mm gravel tires on it for putting around Owen Sound trails. I ended up doing 1500kms on it including a metric century.

Then a couple weeks ago I got this guy... still nothing fancy but a decent upgrade over the Lambo (which I'll be keeping as a city bike/beater)... 2009 Kona Zing.

7G8wqPZ.jpg

Carbon fork, aluminum frame, some Shimano 105 bits (shifters/brake levers, FD, chain, cassette) and an Ultegra RD. I did an imperial century last Saturday, was pretty epic:

View attachment 50607

Any Strava users out there? Can't wait to move back to TO and blast through the local segments.
If you're not on strava, do you even ride?

Back
Top Bottom