Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

Yes.

You may have stud clearance issues on street focused bikes.
That’s insane. I gotta look into this.

theoretically I can get a CB500X and install off road studded tires. My buddys cottage is on a lake that’s frozen solid right now and has been since December.

That’s insane. I gotta look into this.

theoretically I can get a CB500X and install off road studded tires. My buddys cottage is on a lake that’s frozen solid right now and has been since December.
@Trials has been pushing studs for months now. More for private trails than lake running but you don't have a private forest to play in, you do have lots of lakes.

@Trials has been pushing studs for months now. More for private trails than lake running but you don't have a private forest to play in, you do have lots of lakes.
Thinking about taking on a stud dealership for next year :cool: there's a shortage right now.

I have a 1971 CB350 stripped and studded. Wish I lived by some water. I also wish we had more snow so I could get my sled out for a rip.
(1980 Kawaski 440 Invader)
Would guys consider 1980 Chrysler SnoRunners snow bikes? I have couple of those too.

Would guys consider 1980 Chrysler SnoRunners snow bikes? I have couple of those too.
Cool. I guess so? They don't look like they'd be very happy in much snow. Cool small vehicle to get out to an ice hut though.

I have a 1971 CB350 stripped and studded. Wish I lived by some water. I also wish we had more snow so I could get my sled out for a rip.
(1980 Kawaski 440 Invader)
Lake has a thick layer of surface slush under powder snow right now, it sucks for riding. The woods are way better.

Northumberland County and GRPSA are in a battle. For now Northumberland Forest is off limits to sleds (and it doesn't look good for that changing anytime in the future).

Northumberland County and GRPSA are in a battle. For now Northumberland Forest is off limits to sleds (and it doesn't look good for that changing anytime in the future).

Quite rediculous on part of the County. They want the snowmobile club volunteers to be trained as much as County workers and for the club to be liable for every person that enters the forest whether they are on a snowmobile or not. Won't stop the sleds who were out all week and after todays snowfall will be out in full force this weekend.

Clutch problems destroyed my crank on 1 of my old sleds last weekend

Picked up an older Formula Triple today. Low kms

Try her out next weekend

Try her out next weekend
Explain more? It came loose? How did clutching take out the crank? I like to learn from others instead of needing to personally make every expensive discovery on my own dime.

Explain more? It came loose? How did clutching take out the crank? I like to learn from others instead of needing to personally make every expensive discovery on my own dime.

Previous work did not result in proper torque on the primary clutch bolt....and well....she backed out part way.....and rattled around and destroyed crank threads

Tried to retap but unsuccessful

Previous work did not result in proper torque on the primary clutch bolt....and well....she backed out part way.....and rattled around and destroyed crank threads

Tried to retap but unsuccessful
Retap or thread restore? Doesnt really matter at this point I guess. Let us know how you like the formula.

Attempting to restore threads by using a tap.....

Took me awhile to get the right one.

Was told it was M14 x 1.5

Nope. 1995 Austria made and it was 0.5 inch fine.

So 1/2-20? If you are near barrie, bring the parts amd we can try chasing them. Thread restore attempts to push metal instead of cutting metal.

what area are you in? i think i will probably have what you're looking for in the service truck if it interest you

So 1/2-20? If you are near barrie, bring the parts amd we can try chasing them. Thread restore attempts to push metal instead of cutting metal.

Yes 1/2 20. Fine thread

26 year old sled

I have not convinced myself that it is worthy of my time investment to rectify beyond what I attempted.

It can become the parts sled

Cant get a good picture of the threads in the crank but I can snap a photo of the bolt to give you an idea and send it

Try her out next weekend
You went from one sled with a busted crank to one that's known notoriously to have crank issues.

Trails at my door are in great shape and I did another 250km today. Lots more snow on the way later this week so I'll be riding every day.

Back
Top Bottom