Any members here that have sleds too? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any members here that have sleds too?

The one young fella was my two nephew's best friend. They and a lot of other young kids are devastated by the loss. He was a really good kid.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
I don't know what you are referring to? The father and son that went into the water near midland? Tragic. My thoughts are with their friends and especially the family left behind.

I want to play off trail as much as the next person. Actually I can spend a whole day in a frozen swamp playing around. But nothing irritates me more then people that ride off trail on private property.
I got home last night to find out a sledder that day had trespassed onto our property. He had trampled some small trees so he could go around the barricades that block the trail (posts and a huge log) so he could go play down the unexplored trail. That trail exits into our back yard.
Apparently some sled damaging rocks under the snow will need to be put in.

Thanks!
He got the yami with the R1 engine, older 2006.
I got a polaris 500. Good enough for me. Coming from the track sleds handle like buses and it is a bit terrifying.

Thanks. We will take you up on that as soon as I get the part in and we get snow.

If the trails are open I'm going riding.

I did a trail run down here last weekend (actual running) and I came in close contact with way more people than are normally on the trails.
So which one blew and which one crashed? Or was the same sled in both incidents?

I don't know what you are referring to? The father and son that went into the water near midland? Tragic. My thoughts are with their friends and especially the family left behind.
Yes, the father and son in Midland. Donald Bremner 19 and his father 49. He was a good kid and his dad was the kind of guy who would be out sledding with the kids not drinking in the garage.
I hate to say it but why the hell they were even out there is beyond me, they both knew better.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Oh gosh of course it was mine both times . 2005 polaris Classic. Bad engine, even worse operator.
Learning!

Im surprise that the Polaris blow, that’s the old 488 Fuji engine, very reliable

Oh gosh of course it was mine both times . 2005 polaris Classic. Bad engine, even worse operator.
Learning!
Polaris put those 500's in a LOT of sleds and they're a really reliable motor if maintained. Bad rebuild or poor maintenance by the previous owner will make even the best motor pop though.
Proper suspension setup will make it handle quite good and less like a tank.

Yeah, bad replacement or rebuild. Mech that did it tho was solid, replaced engine with a good one and then I promptly crashed. My bad. Got her fixed last night.

3rd time is a charm? Wish me luck this weekend!

I love her, her name is Greta, she is my 2005 Polaris Classic.

Yeah, bad replacement or rebuild. Mech that did it tho was solid, replaced engine with a good one and then I promptly crashed. My bad. Got her fixed last night.

3rd time is a charm? Wish me luck this weekend!

I love her, her name is Greta, she is my 2005 Polaris Classic.
For being in "lockdown" there has been a lot of trailer activity around here the past 24 hours. One two sled enclosed and three enclosed trailers loading up. Not sure where they're headed. QC?

Good luck this weekend, take it easy on poor Greta and have fun.

For being in "lockdown" there has been a lot of trailer activity around here the past 24 hours. One two sled enclosed and three enclosed trailers loading up. Not sure where they're headed. QC?

Good luck this weekend, take it easy on poor Greta and have fun.
I’m not creeping you, but what area are around

We got snow but not alot in the bush and lots blew off the fields

350kms this weekend. I made it back to trailer!

2 broke, one crash and a fire! **** me this is almost as fun as the track!
wtf. You have the worst sled luck. Glad you are having fun and have a great attitude.

LOL this time it wasn't me.

Damn boys!

My birthday this weekend, I cancelled our plans in petanowhere as the trail i am told suck up there, other than the rails.

Going for day trips instead I think

LOL this time it wasn't me.

Damn boys!

My birthday this weekend, I cancelled our plans in petanowhere as the trail i am told suck up there, other than the rails.

Going for day trips instead I think
Take it easy
It’s not a race

350kms this weekend. I made it back to trailer!

2 broke, one crash and a fire! **** me this is almost as fun as the track!
I’m glad your enjoying it. With that said if your group has had 2 crashes in a total of 3 outings you really need to tighten up your program. Someone is going to get seriously hurt.

We ride hard and do some dumb crap but you have to keep from crashing. Good luck out there. Hope the season is problem free.

I’m glad your enjoying it. With that said if your group has had 2 crashes in a total of 3 outings you really need to tighten up your program. Someone is going to get seriously hurt.

We ride hard and do some dumb crap but you have to keep from crashing. Good luck out there. Hope the season is problem free.
Agreed. I've only had one proper high speed crash, but that was me trying to drift a sled down a windy icy road with carbides and no studs so that was all on rider stupidity (too much gas, not enough steering angle available to recover). My other "crashes" were more trying to ride too close to the trail edge and getting sucked into the deep snow. Dig it out, brush it off and move on. Not sure if those count as crashes or just riding sleds.

Agreed. I've only had one proper high speed crash, but that was me trying to drift a sled down a windy icy road with carbides and no studs so that was all on rider stupidity (too much gas, not enough steering angle available to recover). My other "crashes" were more trying to ride too close to the trail edge and getting sucked into the deep snow. Dig it out, brush it off and move on. Not sure if those count as crashes or just riding sleds.

In my opinion going off the trail like that you've lost control but if you can get it shut down before you hit anything you have regained control, no harm no foul but getting close to being not a great situation. Don't get me wrong I've done it enough times myself lol.

Crashed again last night, didnt square up properly for a snowbank and rolled.

I suck, but learning!

Yeah it's not a race and I am a bit frustrated that I am not so great at this off the bat.

2wheels am fine and quickish but man I cant get over the feeling I am on skates so therefore I am slow and feel pushed to keep up.

Very sore knee today, when I rolled my leg took the brunt of it.

Back
Top Bottom