Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 362 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Absolutely. I suspect someone at GM is really kicking themselves for having killed the Volt

The reason the Volt didn't sell was because it was simply too expensive.

GM had an all electric vision, the Bolt was the (shaky) start of it.

I will be truly amazed if they bring back a plug in model ever again.

Like the Bolt (see post 2) , the new Ultium looks promising, but time will tell if they got it right.

But as I've said many times, GM is an absolutely clueless company.

Last edited:
Be careful in Toronto. Tesla has just unlocked the guided missile option (full self-driving that is in no way, shape or form capable of full self-driving). It will be interesting to see how they deal with construction, cones, needing to push over to get a spot, etc. My money is on more than one cutting through a cone line to get to the open lane beyond.

What could possibly go wrong.

Can anyone tell me this? Say for example a mother and two kids step into the roadway and the self driving car has to decide between a dangerous swerving maneuver that may injure the vehicle occupant or continue on and strike the family how does it make the call. Would it drive the car off a cliff to save the pedestrians? I'm very serious. How are these calls made.

Can anyone tell me this? Say for example a mother and two kids step into the roadway and the self driving car has to decide between a dangerous swerving maneuver that may injure the vehicle occupant or continue on and strike the family how does it make the call. Would it drive the car off a cliff to save the pedestrians? I'm very serious. How are these calls made.

Either scenario plays out and the answer is a Tweet from Elong saying that it’s not actually FSD, he just calls it FSD.

Then it gets added to the NTSB’s investigation list.

It does whatever it wants and sticks the passenger in the driver seat with all the liability.

The car doesnt understand kids, it just sees obstacles. It would probably either disengage and let the passenger in the driver seat hit them at full speed or aim for the smallest obstacle (the kids). They are designed to protect the asshat owners not pedestrians.

Just for laughs. What are these selling for? Leggett wants $320k for an electric hummer.

4 hrs of bid time remain......

You can almost get two model S plaids for that price. About the same utility (nobody is using the bed of the hummer at nipple height) and a few thousand pounds lighter.
haven't we established GM>Tesla by now? =p

Is that the one with quad steering and on the fly ride height adjustment?

haven't we established GM>Tesla by now? =p
We'll see. Lots of weight, lots of hp from zero rpm is going to be brutal on driveshafts. Lets see if GM cocked it up. If I bought a Tesla, I have a reasonably good idea of what I am in for. A hummer is an unknown entity. If I want a fragile exotic, I would much rather give my money to Koenigsegg (no, I guess I wouldn't, I thought you could get the cheapest one for a similar price but they start at 1.7M) insert italian brand of choice here.

Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"
  1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
Of course Musk is adding and modifying the laws....

To answer your question, we need one more bit of information, does any of them have a paid for verified twitter account? If not they or that one is no longer considered a verified human being.... back to law one.

Back
Top Bottom