Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 306 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

The premium sound system isn't all that premium, honestly. For having quite a hefty sub hiding behind the rear passenger side trim panel in the hatch (I found it and had to remove it when doing the trailer electrical wiring a few weeks back), it really doesn't add a ton of oomph to the stereo. Still really needs a sub if you were seriously into rocking out.

The premium sound system isn't all that premium, honestly. For having quite a hefty sub hiding behind the rear passenger side trim panel in the hatch (I found it and had to remove it when doing the trailer electrical wiring a few weeks back), it really doesn't add a ton of oomph to the stereo. Still really needs a sub if you were seriously into rocking out.
As I’m not an audiophile it was more of a nice to have. I’m sure if money is burning a hole in my pocket I can upgrade the sound system.

I’m sure the leather seats would be a nice addition though.

As I’m not an audiophile it was more of a nice to have. I’m sure if money is burning a hole in my pocket I can upgrade the sound system.

I’m sure the leather seats would be a nice addition though.
Ime, aftermarket speakers (and ideally amp although that is a lot more work) blow factory systems out of the water. I've got got low depth 8" subs that normally go in the rear doors and 6.5" with separate tweeters for up front. I havent bothered ripping apart the current car to install yet .

I’ve considered doing just the speakers (not amp) simply to make it a more enjoyable experience in the car.

Pretty sure my car has 4 speakers and 2 tweeters.

guys guys... please stop..... the thread will go into full melt down mode....

did you just bribe evo and start a new account?
jk.

i will also admit that teslas are a hoot to drive and currently the best choices for an EV in my opinion.

As stated many times.... absolutely clueless....

(Amount of GM electric cars you can buy in 2021? Zero.)

That's ridiculous....I didn't watch the whole thing but ignoring a competitor in any way is ridiculous. You get complacent, you get left behind...simple as that.

And while I enjoyed the Tesla I drove briefly, I can't see myself affording/buying one of them any time soon. There's a lot of EV options coming out, and that'll take a bite out of Tesla...but don't ignore them to your own detriment.

Come on Mustang Mach-E....can't wait to test one of those things out.

The winner will be the manufacturer that sells the most. To accomplish that, they will have be cheaper and available.
I don't think Tesla can do that.

The winner will be the manufacturer that sells the most. To accomplish that, they will have be cheaper and available.
I don’t think it has to do that. So long as they’re profitable…they’ll be fine.

BMW, MB, Jaguar are all premium brands that don’t sell the most cars overall but still are able to maintain solid presence.

Hell Tesla will never be for the ‘common folk’ no matter how much the 3 was supposed to be. But they don’t need to be. The other brands will take a bite and chip away at their share, but as long as they maintain and build on what they currently have, they’ll be fine…so long as Musk is alive.

Or they’ll pull an Apple and keep it going after he leaves or passes.

Thats where Ford comes in.

The problem is. GM and Barra have the blinders on.

Sure they will sell electric cars,. Eventually. Soon I think. Haha

I won't post the links here,. There are plenty of articles stating where Ford and it's CEO is under no illusion and taking Tesla seriously and hope to overtake them as America's leading automaker. That's a mission and I love his determination.

Ms Barra won't even acknowledge them!

Just remember what happened when nobody took Apple seriously.

I'm going to make a bold prediction here and check back on this post 4 years later. I'm willing to wager Ford will be the market leader in electrics over GM

Last edited:
There is a Chevy Bolt Premier?? at Heffner in Kitchener... It has almost 80k though

Any thoughts?

There is a Chevy Bolt Premier?? at Heffner in Kitchener... It has almost 80k though

Any thoughts?
As much as I dont normally agree with Sunny, I wouldnt be paying much for a bolt right now (especially a used one). It could work out but there is decent chance you get stuck with a smoking turd. GM has been doing whatever they can to make the problem go away for minimal cost. They are far more concerned about themselves than their customers.

For maintenance regardless of brand I predict what we see now is not what we will see in the future, but it should still be better than ICE. EVs still have a lot of sealed for life bearings and while they do not have a multi-gear transmission they do have gear reduction boxes. Most of this stuff is over engineered today and the economics to do so work out as the battery is so much of the cost so spending more elsewhere...

Looking forward, as they become more mainstream the makers will look at ways to reduce the cost and this will be one of the areas, which eventually means more failures (as these parts become lower quality) or service requirements like gearbox fluid changes. Wheel bearings, etc. but also the bearings inside of the EV motors.... how things like that get serviced will be a question????

Sealed for life usually means replace instead of maintain....

Back
Top Bottom