Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 304 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Yeah, Costco seems to go through financing companies pretty fast.

As an avid American Express user I liked it when that was their official card, but they ditched Amex for Capital One, and now that's ending too.

Looks like CIBC is taking over the Costco business now.

It should. A MC is a MC. My PC MC works. Even have my vax cert. on ApplePay. Comes up as a QR code on my watch.

AM-JKLWbr1QAv5fcjVzLZfhUeESpsga9KOQFdwPAoSBmw2TjFHgM0JpTlxHUXY5D_ZS9gWUtccCKkUpe6jiBUAZvHH_tjcBHLJofkSUFsJIM3H5wlbOWTY9sqXjMm3FoOW0m5VVe4aYvKtWze2QkgmiA-SeM=w726-h937-no
I think I’m paranoid of joining my health info with phones and everything else at the same time.

Maybe too much paranoia. So much personal info flying around anyway. One of the reasons I’ve resisted the smart home speakers I guess.

I think I’m paranoid of joining my health info with phones and everything else at the same time.

Maybe too much paranoia. So much personal info flying around anyway. One of the reasons I’ve resisted the smart home speakers I guess.
Qr code on watch is preferable to the crap options available on android. I dig through the files saved on my phone and find the stupid document every time. It takes ~10 clicks to get there. It should be a lot closer to one.

Qr code on watch is preferable to the crap options available on android. I dig through the files saved on my phone and find the stupid document every time. It takes ~10 clicks to get there. It should be a lot closer to one.
I just took a screenshot of my QR code and receipts and set up a folder in photos only for that. Very easy.

You are able to add a file link icon on your home screen. Then one click to open the file without searching through any files/folders.

I did exactly that on my mum’s android phone on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are able to add a file link icon on your home screen. Then one click to open the file without searching through any files/folders.

I did exactly that on my mum’s android phone on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's better. Stupid process to do it but it's done now.

Someone failed high school science class.
There are some plausible but far fetched ideas around this. Most have to do with the bolt being flat towed behind a big rv. It seems hard to believe that this is the winner in complication/expense for charging batteries while being towed.

There are some plausible but far fetched ideas around this. Most have to do with the bolt being flat towed behind a big rv

There is no free ride when it comes to energy, so even if that was the plan, it's still effectively burning a fossil fuel to recharge the battery in the end, and in a pretty lossy fashion too.

Then there's the issue of how someone is taking 12v@60-80(?) amps and somehow converting it to a meaningful level of 120v (at minimum) to feed it to an EVSE to charge the primary traction battery while going down the road.

If this whole getup is just to charge the 12v battery that runs the electronics, well, this is even more of a fail.

The ultimate fail is if the person looking at that little 12v battery thought it was actually the primary traction battery.

There is no free ride when it comes to energy, so even if that was the plan, it's still effectively burning a fossil fuel to recharge the battery in the end, and in a pretty lossy fashion too.

Then there's the issue of how someone is taking 12v@60-80(?) amps and somehow converting it to a meaningful level of 120v (at minimum) to feed it to an EVSE to charge the primary traction battery while going down the road.

If this whole getup is just to charge the 12v battery that runs the electronics, well, this is even more of a fail.

The ultimate fail is if the person looking at that little 12v battery thought it was actually the primary traction battery.
I agree. The theories were related to boondocking and charging the EV during relocation or charging a battery trailer pulled behind the bolt to allow longer boondocking stays without a genny. Seems a lot smarter to me to either hit a roadside charger or use a generator to charge batteries. Almost anything really other than fuel>motion>belt>alternator>12V>charger>battery.

Anyone looking to sell / get rid of 10/3 cable? Looking for something to deal with 30A for my L2 charger and pain to buy a short amount.

Anyone looking to sell / get rid of 10/3 cable? Looking for something to deal with 30A for my L2 charger and pain to buy a short amount.
Home depot normally has spools and will sell it by the meter. Does it really need 10/3 for the charger? Neutral should have nothing to do in that application.

Back
Top Bottom