A Ride up North - James Bay | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

A Ride up North - James Bay

We are planning as a group to head up the last week of June.Our route will include North rd,Trans Tiaga and hopefully a tour of the power plant in Radison which of course is subject to the Covid restrictions.
The route is about 5100 kms and we are planning for 9 days in total and our reservations have been made as we are too old for this camping stuff!lol.I am really looking forward to this if we are able to do it.

I've already booked my vacation for the year, but I'd be interested in going if dates line up. I'm good with long riding days, and I usually camp on trips.
I've done the north road and I'd like to do the trans Taiga, but I don't want to commit that much time this year.

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

BMW rider. I'ved done the Nord rt, JBR, taiga ride. When you do the taiga you can ride about 80km of gravel past the hydro site at the end. This will bring you to a fly in outfitters where you can get gas. There are places to buy gas along the taiga as well.
Note that there is almost no place to camp along the way. The trees are too small to log so no logging roads going off it. We ended up pulling into an First Nations hunt camp that wasn't being occupied and camped there. Let me know if you have questions I might be able to help.

One of our concerns is getting fuel at the end of the TT as the air base is only open sporadically according to the info that we have.The intention at this point is to carry 20 litres of fuel onboard or on our support vehicle.The other real concern for fuel is from Mirage down to Relay 381 on the way back home.I did the pavement portion of this in 2019 and only carried an extra 5 litres with no fuel dramas.

One of our concerns is getting fuel at the end of the TT as the air base is only open sporadically according to the info that we have.The intention at this point is to carry 20 litres of fuel onboard or on our support vehicle.The other real concern for fuel is from Mirage down to Relay 381 on the way back home.I did the pavement portion of this in 2019 and only carried an extra 5 litres with no fuel dramas.

What bikes will the group be on?

I am riding a 1250GS and the other bikes are a Tiger 1200,V Strom 1000,Super Tenere 1200 and 2 Tiger 800’s.It looks like we will have 2 spare bikes,KLR 650 and a V Strom 650 that will be in the chase trailer.

I am riding a 1250GS and the other bikes are a Tiger 1200,V Strom 1000,Super Tenere 1200 and 2 Tiger 800’s.It looks like we will have 2 spare bikes,KLR 650 and a V Strom 650 that will be in the chase trailer.
Lol that is a serious operation! A chase trailer. Damn

Spare bikes and a chase trailer is a comfy way to do it. Looking forward to the ride report.

Wow.
(first time up we had to abandon my friends Ninja when it blew up - still we continued north and he bought a bike in QC on the way home)

JBR and Chisisabi has been on my radar forever now. I'm gonna lurk this thread hard

?
Go for it SB. I've been a couple times if I can answer any questions.

You can just scoot the 40km north back to Radisson when you get to the JBR and gas up.

If things with covid don’t clear up, I don’t think you’re going to get through the Rez to get to the water, last yr when I run north all the reservations was closed

If things with covid don’t clear up, I don’t think you’re going to get through the Rez to get to the water, last yr when I run north all the reservations was closed
We will see what happens by the end of June.I really hope we can tour the power plant once again.

JBR and Chisisabi has been on my radar forever now. I'm gonna lurk this thread hard

?
I’m slowly getting the wife on board with this trip....if I can do it in 4-5 days I’m golden. Bonus points if I can trailer it to the start point near @PrivatePilot so I can save the Mississauga - Courtice trip.

Back
Top Bottom