A Ride up North - James Bay | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

A Ride up North - James Bay

You're right there's always next time. First time we did the JBR we came home short one bike.

So, for anyone who expressed interest in a group ride up the JBR earlier in this thread.....if the decision that comes down in late August is that the US border is still closed to Canadians, I'm about 90% sure this will be my go-to trip instead.

All those still interested, chime in please. I think a group of 4 or 5 would be ideal so we're not into a herding cats situation.

Potential departure day, Saturday September 4'th.

I think I'm out for this year. The X still has the issue of the surging, or 'hitting the wall', as I described in the Technical page. Until I figure that out I'm not able to make a long run because the last thing I want is to get stuck out there. Plus the chain is on it's last legs so need to get that done in the next few weeks.

BMW Rider how was the rain? When we did the taiga the annual rainfall had it raining about 12-14 times a month. We did get some of that.

BMW Rider how was the rain? When we did the taiga the annual rainfall had it raining about 12-14 times a month. We did get some of that.
We had rain from Northbay to Val D Or on the 1st day and then to about half way to Chibougamau on the 2nd day.Otherwise the rest of our trip was sunny with temps of 14-20c.in the both times we have been up there in late June,We have had good weather.

All those still interested, chime in please. I think a group of 4 or 5 would be ideal so we're not into a herding cats situation.

Potential departure day, Saturday September 4'th.

I hope you guys have a great ride and find some adventure of the good kind.

While this ride is right up my alley, I'm not keen on rigid schedules and 1000km days. I'm out.

PP is that JBR ride camping or hotels?

If you'll have me I should be free labor day weekend plus I can take a couple days off work before or after that weekend. I'm ok with 1000+ kms per day.

I'd be in for sure but I'm leaving tomorrow morning for 4 to 6 weeks in Bc.
I'm going to trailer it there, sell my trailer and bring back a 7x14 enclosed with a 2020 Africa Twin. My buddy just bought both and has no time to go get it. Plus the trailer has fold down beds, interior power etc.
Looking forward to the trip.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom