2022 Day Trips! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 Day Trips!

@voyageur I'm at just under 700 km for the season so far...and I'm off for two months...in the past I would've put on 6-7,000 km during the summer, but the last couple of seasons I haven't been "feeling it"...been doing more walking and bicycling than anything else...

Looks like you don't have to try too hard to find twisty roads...people in Ontario go in with a microscope and still can't find roads half decent :p

The BC interior is hands down the best place in Canada to own a motorcycle. Close second is probably the island.

I remember having to plan in advance if I wanted to go ride some twisty roads in Toronto. Look at the weather forecast, check the traffic, block off a chunk of time to get there and back...

Now if I have an hour or so free, I'll just go for a spontaneous rip on some very decent roads and trails, and still be back in time for my next appointment.

@voyageur I'm at just under 700 km for the season so far...and I'm off for two months...in the past I would've put on 6-7,000 km during the summer, but the last couple of seasons I haven't been "feeling it"...been doing more walking and bicycling than anything else...
Hopefully, you get a chance to head out in the Fall while the weather is still nice.

My weekends have been a bit unpredictable and also, bike's undergoing some surgery :D

Glad you were able to check it out. It's a nice little spot for a quick sit down lunch, before heading to Harburn Rd ;)

This year has been extremely slow for me. Barely 1000 km in. That too half of it was commute lol. When I did go out, it was the regular roads...River Rd, Creemore, Hockley Valley Rd.
Great now I have to go back and run Harburn Rd :ROFLMAO: Seems I've missed that as well.

Me as well and I think for a lot of people. I'm playing catch up for 2 years of pandemic not working etc. Plus a bunch of maintience issues I've just not dealt with properly.

Great now I have to go back and run Harburn Rd :ROFLMAO: Seems I've missed that as well.

Me as well and I think for a lot of people. I'm playing catch up for 2 years of pandemic not working etc. Plus a bunch of maintience issues I've just not dealt with properly.
You can do a loop - Harburn and Haliburton Lake Rd. Both are nice but I like Harburn Rd better. :)

Bikes are ready and trailered. Need to stitch together a 3-4hr route around Barry’s Bay.

Suggestions? I know @shanekingsley knows those routes well. I didn’t get a chance to do a map on the GPS so May just use a map like a pleb!

Bikes are ready and trailered. Need to stitch together a 3-4hr route around Barry’s Bay.

Suggestions? I know @shanekingsley knows those routes well. I didn’t get a chance to do a map on the GPS so May just use a map like a pleb!

Hard to pick a bad road up there.
Just point the bikes and go!
Old Barry’s Bay Road is nice.
And Letterkenny Road as well.

Ride safe and enjoy!

Look in this thread in the first post / there’s a whole section I put on the roads around Barry’s Bay:

The BC interior is hands down the best place in Canada to own a motorcycle. Close second is probably the island.

I remember having to plan in advance if I wanted to go ride some twisty roads in Toronto. Look at the weather forecast, check the traffic, block off a chunk of time to get there and back...

Now if I have an hour or so free, I'll just go for a spontaneous rip on some very decent roads and trails, and still be back in time for my next appointment.
Yup, amazing riding here, I’ve put 10,000k on my little versys x300 in 2 months since getting here, is terzaghi dam worth the ride? Any places you recommend 4hours max from Squamish?

Well since it appears you need to ride 99 to get there ...then YEAH BIG TIME.
Terzaghi Dam is the key diversion dam in BC Hydro's Bridge River Power Project. It forms the project's largest reservoir, Carpenter Lake west of Lillooet.
99 is one of the best roads I've ridden.

10k km in two months is going some on your 300...I thought I was doing okay with 13,000 on 6 months on my CB300F.
You find yours okay on the climbs?

Well since it appears you need to ride 99 to get there ...then YEAH BIG TIME.

99 is one of the best roads I've ridden.

10k km in two months is going some on your 300...I thought I was doing okay with 13,000 on 6 months on my CB300F.
You find yours okay on the climbs?
99 is amazing! Ya I go everywhere on it, its not the worst on the long highway speed climbs, just gotta time your passes, and downshift to 5th, anything else it does surprisingly good, will sit all day at 120kph gps speed, just revs high, it’s no dual sport or enduro but it goes good offroad, Wish it had the ninja400 engine in it to make it a bit more peppy… I might consider switching up later on to maybe a dr650 or maybe a smaller gs hmmm

Yup, amazing riding here, I’ve put 10,000k on my little versys x300 in 2 months since getting here, is terzaghi dam worth the ride? Any places you recommend 4hours max from Squamish?

Omg lol.

I literally did that road 6 hours ago. I'm still in Pemberton tonight, will post pics when I get back tomorrow.

Thats so funny you mentioned that!

Short answer: if it's not too far away from where you are then yes, go do it.

Omg lol.

I literally did that road 6 hours ago. I'm still in Pemberton tonight, will post pics when I get back tomorrow.

Thats so funny you mentioned that!

Short answer: if it's not too far away from where you are then yes, go do it.
Hahahah no way!! I’ll go either today or tomorrow, only a 3hr ride to lilloet, I never take pics so I’ll enjoy yours, they’re always good!

Ride out to Prince Edward. What a beautiful day, just perfect weather, and lots of fluffy clouds everywhere!

Pitstop in Consecon
consecon.jpg

Went to Salmon Point to see the lighthouse but it was blocked off, so this barn will have to do.
salmon point not a lighthouse.jpg

Off to Point Petre, the weather control system was working well today.
weather control.jpg

Beach area
point petre.jpg
sail boat.jpg

Was headed towards Picton but got completely lost, but found this place, buttertarts!!
buttertarts 1.jpg

Stopped at Lake of the Mountain to indulge. Also met another rider from Ottawa, had a good chat.
buttertarts 2.jpg

On they way home with a stop in Campbellford, because that made some sense. The toonie!
campbellford.jpg

Nice little trip @sburns. I’d like to go out riding but had a bee/wasp sting me outside in the dark on Thursday night

56ceff2f8a237716eef5ce05b66b308f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice little trip @sburns. I’d like to go out riding but had a bee/wasp sting me outside in the dark on Thursday night

56ceff2f8a237716eef5ce05b66b308f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yikkies!! Looks like you caught it in a gear or something..

Today I did my first ride in Canada after two and a half years since my last ride (aside from the motorcycle training course).

My idea was to start with something easy, not so far from home, as I was not sure how comfortable I would feel. The last few years have been only WFH and taking transit as I don't own a car. So I had to readapt being on the road.

After reading a few posts, I choose to ride to Port Hope following the route from the map @shanekingsley has in his signature.

The first hour on the highway was stressful. I was tense and not enjoying the ride. But, in retrospect, it seems I was overthinking too many things. By the time I reached Millbrook, I was feeling better and more confident. In the end, I enjoyed riding through Port Hope backroads.

Next week I will try to go to Bala Rd.

Screenshot 2022-07-16 163023.png

Had a nice 300km romp around Barry’s Bay. Hit up all the roads that were recommended and identified by @shanekingsley and my buddies said they can’t keep up….and I felt I’m super slow going with Shane and the guys last time. Go figure.

I let them lead as I was having too much fun and it wasn’t going to end well! Great riding weather. Lots of bikes. And great roads and scenery.

Time for a bonfire.

Back
Top Bottom