2022 Day Trips! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 Day Trips!

I passed this same guy on my little tour of Niagara and Port Dover.

Guy was sleeping (appeared to be) while I rode beside him right before the NOTL exit on the QEW.

I passed this same guy on my little tour of Niagara and Port Dover.

Guy was sleeping (appeared to be) while I rode beside him right before the NOTL exit on the QEW.

Wtf? Do the Tesla’s have some Lane Keep Assist technology or something? I mean, my Civic does...but it only lets you have your hands off the wheel briefly...

Wtf? Do the Tesla’s have some Lane Keep Assist technology or something? I mean, my Civic does...but it only lets you have your hands off the wheel briefly...
I thought they had an "autopilot" that disengages just before you hit something?

They do have autopilot but ‘driver should always be ready to take over.’

Guy was sleeping from the looks of it when I passed him.

Wonder what would’ve happened if I brake checked the car while in autopilot.

Wasn’t sure if the LiDAR / radar would’ve seen me so not worth it.

They do have autopilot but ‘driver should always be ready to take over.’

Guy was sleeping from the looks of it when I passed him.

Wonder what would’ve happened if I brake checked the car while in autopilot.

Wasn’t sure if the LiDAR / radar would’ve seen me so not worth it.
Kids used to cut in close then accelerate all the time when the feature first came out. That way he brake checks himself.

Kids used to cut in close then accelerate all the time when the feature first came out. That way he brake checks himself.
I was tempted to do that also…but didn’t trust the AP would actually slow down for a bike.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes right?

Doing a LOT of riding lately. Very happy these days.

Went down to the Chute Lake Lodge in the wilderness between K-town and Penticton today. The sky was a bit hazy from all the wildfires down south in Washington State, but the winds in the afternoon blew some of it away.

IMG_0609-X2.jpg

Riding down the old Kettle Valley Railway, repurposed for dual-sports. Saw a lot of ATVs bombing down the trail.

IMG_0616-X2.jpg

IMG_0610-X2.jpg

The reward: Garlic parmesan fries and a gourmet chicken wrap at the lodge. Topped with a dirt roostache from following Neda too closely on the trails! :)

Good times!

I went for a day trip to downtown Ottawa yesterday. The Rideau Centre to be exact. Neither I or my GPS realized that they still have many of the downtown streets near Parliament Hill blocked off. I couldn't seem to get to a bridge. Parked at one spot and then realized that it was still a 30 minute walk. Eventually, I went way south, then east, then back north.

I have my annual (14 yrs and counting) cottage trip with friends (non-riding) up in the Bancroft area this weekend. Someone please convince me that I should spend a little more on a gas and a uhaul trailer to haul the Sprint up with me just to have a quick run at Elephant Lake Road on Friday morning... and likely Friday morning only...

I have my annual (14 yrs and counting) cottage trip with friends (non-riding) up in the Bancroft area this weekend. Someone please convince me that I should spend a little more on a gas and a uhaul trailer to haul the Sprint up with me just to have a quick run at Elephant Lake Road on Friday morning... and likely Friday morning only...
Yes…yes you should…add a few other roads in the area and you will have a great day.

i would but the wife is too lazy to drive, and the husky cant drive (unfortunately) so its up to me to haul us up there. also not sure if i would wanna, slabbing from london, only for the "decent" roads to start showing up north of peterborough is not worth the hassle for me... man am i getting old. or is it lazy?

Went on a weekend solo ride, 1600 km give or take. Sore wrists, butt, and back - it was great fun. Once again, I planned this based on @shanekingsley 's best roads in Ontario thread. I also got Shane to take a look at what I had put together and Shane being helpful as always, did move some stuff around and made it better. Thank you, Shane - much appreciated!

I want to share the map in case anyone would benefit from it:

Day 1:

Truth be told, I'm trying to think of which roads I liked the best and my memory is kind of failing me here. The first part did have some interesting roads but the condition of the roads wasn't great, iirc. The second map link has some good roads - roads leading to Flinton, and thereafter all the way up to Denbigh were great.

Day 2:

It was a shorter day as I was aiming to get back home by 4 pm-ish and actually ended up getting back by 5. The first link was great fun. The second link, I have ridden most of those roads before but still fun. I'm just happy to be back in 1 piece tbh. The road 4s were a good investment for sure.

My phone cam autofocus doesn't work anymore due to the vibrations from the handlebar. I have to slap it a few times and then maybe it works, sometimes. So, I just gave up taking pics on my phone to save time. Here are some that I took along the way. Cheers!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Somewhere after Brudenell
4.jpg

Near Madawaska Kanu Centre
5.jpg

6.jpg

Before starting on 523.
7.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty good ride today. Campbelford, Tweed, Roslin, Westport, Oompah stomp, Flinton, winding back west again. 16-17c felt cool this AM with some damp roads from overnight rain but by noon it was great and hitting the 509 in sunshine with colours about a week away from peak was glorious.
No traffic this time of the year is a huge bonus.
506 under the hydro lines is being repaved fyi and they were laying down dirt so that’s to be avoided for a bit.

4B3133A1-FB95-4751-B8E6-D5A96EBBFD21.png
Truly a beautiful day to be out today. Started cool going up the west of Peterborough, the 507, 118 to 35 but by the time I hit Algonquin the temps were comfortable. 60 wasn’t too busy, grabbed some fries in Barry’s Bay as Whitney was jammed, up around Round Lake and over to Eganville, down to Calabogie and over the Matawatchan. Down to Flinton Road, south through Tweed and some roller coaster roads back West. All totalled 800km for the day. Every road was in excellent shape with very little construction anywhere and little to no traffic except for the Park itself. Truly an epic ride today.

Looking for recommendations for a fall drive next Sunday with the family, except Algonquin.
Any suggestions?
tell them the flux capacitor needs to be checked out by the dealer and take the bike instead.

Looking for recommendations for a fall drive next Sunday with the family, except Algonquin.
Any suggestions?
I’d say follow the roads we took with @shanekingsley the few rides we did. You can omit Algonquin Park completely and focus on Barry’s Bay and that area.

If my kids were more patient and older I’d take them on a full day drive like that.

Any suggestions?
Dorset, Haliburton, Wilberforce, and Bancrof.
Both Haliburton and Bancrof have a nice lookouts
or
Muskoka - Gravenhusrt, Bracebridge, Santa's Village (family trap!), then Huckleberry Rock lookout (west on HWY 118)

Back
Top Bottom