2021 Day Trips! | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

Had a chance to run the CB500X through some diff terrain yesterday...entered Simcoe County Forests in a few spots....
Turned around, saw a car that was in the ditch an hour earlier on a tow truck with OPP around, and then went to the cottage and had a beer.
I was curious if you had a chance to stretch your legs on the new ride. Well done! (y)

Happy Victory Day!

Went for a loop around Niagara. Took me all day, I'm freaking tired today, and it was only just over 500 k :(
I didn't run into any rain and the temps were pretty good and nice a cool an breezy around the Niagara Parkway, so no over heating myself or sunburn!

I forgot to track my ride, but my GPS does so here is what I pulled from basecamp
niagara loop map.jpg

Stopped to see the "Shipwreck"
shipwreck.jpg

Pitstop on the Welland Canal
welland canal.jpg

Brock's Monument at Queenston Heights Park - nice park, reminds me of the Columbus Monument in Barcelona
colon.jpg

Clifton Hill - not as busy but not as quiet as I thought it would be. (bug splatter on camera 🙄)
cliftonHill.jpg

Highlight of the day! I like my cheesy roadside attractions! Muddy in Dunnville.
muddy.jpg

Had a nice 150km run today. The X is in its happy place in the 80-120kph range.

Went from Wasaga - Blue Mountain - Duncan - Wasaga via 26.

had one doofus cut me off as I was going for a pass and he jumped to also pass without a signal. Ah well. He apologized at the next lights, and I called him an effing idiot.

beautiful day for a ride. Time to pack the bike up for the trailer again.

FF6FFF7F-3F29-4F12-B9E3-CF92BBE7EC0E.jpeg
3A91C6B2-09F4-4233-B9D3-BA7117857D58.jpeg

LMAO, today I wanted to try another route posted by @shanekingsley (of course my own version)... which was this:

Onward:

Return:

Started at 7 am (forgot the paper version of the direction on my desk...great!)

For some reason the stupid Google maps navigation stopped working somewhere along HWY 45 instead of taking Left, I ended up at Kilmount.
After realizing I was way off, turned back to Sadowa Road, instead of taking a Left, went on Right to BlackRiver road.
2021-05-24 14_53_30-Window.pngroad1.png

Should have turned around but kept going hoping I was on the right path -- pretty adventerous..lol
Got stopped by a truck coming the opposite way, the guy said my bike wont make it. haha. Asked me where I was going, I said i was aiming for cooper falls to go to parry sound and he said, i am in the opposide side of the world. Told me to turn around.

Met another biker who was at the exact spot where i made the wrong turn and the with that ladys help and revisting my google maps I re-oriented myself. Still google maps auto-routed me to HWY 11S as i entered Bethdune road. Almost ran out of gas ..lol.
Got frustrated and returned. Will do another day! road2b.pngroad3.png

To top it all off, broke the gopro (removable) base clip that attaches to the helmet. Friggin POS plastic....

/Dex

Time to pack the bike up ON the trailer again. Stupid autocorrect. Bike and trailer did well so far. It’s all strapped down, lights magically started working again on the trailer.

Life is good.

that’s a nice route @malamute62 . I’ll have to copy it one day.

I had a pretty decent May 24 weekend and managed to fit in a few trips.

IMG-20210524-111732.jpg

IMG-20210524-111604.jpg

Quite possibly one of the nicest picnic areas i have ever seen in Ontario

IMG-20210522-155911.jpg

IMG-20210515-145429.jpg

IMG-20210522-192725.jpg

Have any of you ADV guys ever gone from Lingham Lake Road (north of Madoc) across the hydro lines to Ontario Hydro Rd in Cloyne? A friend was asking and I recall guys heading out to Lingham Lake in 4x4 trucks when I was in highschool but I wasn't sure if anyone on here has a motorcycle perspective.

Did a nice circle around Lake Simcoe, met a nice gentlemen and his wife at Tim's in Orillia, who was involved into Canadian motorcycle racing. We chatted for extended period of time and he gave me a lot of great advices. Unfortunately I was not smart enough to ask for his name.

IMG_1058.jpg

Did a nice circle around Lake Simcoe, met a nice gentlemen and his wife at Tim's in Orillia, who was involved into Canadian motorcycle racing. We chatted for extended period of time and he gave me a lot of great advices. Unfortunately I was not smart enough to ask for his name.

View attachment 49011

cool. i did the baby version of this (just went to the southern shores of lake simcoe). mostly chilled along the various beaches. the 30km/h limit along the shore is a pain in the ass but i get it (kids/bicyclists/old people walking around)

9e9645ce818038998d8bfb1d6fa5d926.jpg

Rode up to lake simcoe. This photo almost cost me $150 ticket. The place is patrolled like crazy for anyone attempting to stop along the shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Went to Toronto on Saturday, back on Sunday. GPS routing seemed messed up so I improvised a little.
LOTS of OPP on the number 7 on Saturday. I saw six. None on Sunday. Think I may be done with taking Kingston Road into Toronto.
It used to be nice, and not much longer. Now with the bike lanes, parking, and COVID congestion on the 401, it's not so nice.

cool. i did the baby version of this (just went to the southern shores of lake simcoe). mostly chilled along the various beaches. the 30km/h limit along the shore is a pain in the ass but i get it (kids/bicyclists/old people walking around)

I did the exact same loop on Sun noon. I took road 69 (ninth line) and went around Mussleman's lake and then continued on Hwy 48. Lake Ridge Rd (Road 23) and Shanty Bay Rd were the only roads that were decent. All other roads were straight and flat. I had to head back so I didn't explore the lakeshore as I would have liked to.

Thanks to Shane, I finally ended up doing the below loop which was long overdue. The below was the route suggested by Shane:

It was the best ride I have had so far this season. A lot of nice roads once you reach country rd 48 east to Rohallion and further. The only change I made in the above route was to hit Five Corners on my way back. So the route really looked something like this when I completed the trip:

Washroom situations - First stop was at Shell on Hwy 48 and 23; no washrooms.
The second stop was at Queen of Fries to grab a quick bite. There is a portable toilet there. Can't comment really on the food as I just ate poutine - no other veg options that I could see. It was either fries or poutine and I went with poutine lol. In my book, poutine is good even if it's bad...
The third stop was at Gooderham at the gas station near the 503 and 507 intersections. Washrooms were available and pretty decent.
The fourth stop was on my way back home - 401 E and Road 26. Shell gas station had a decent washroom as well.

I took a few more stretching breaks too other than these above stops. A few good souls stopped to ask if I was okay when stopped on the roadside, and a motorcyclist on 115s. I may have moved my hands and legs weirdly but that was because everything was numb from the vibrations and my a** was grass sitting on that park bench for that long lol. But seriously thank you!

Update: 507 is under construction and I had read it on the forum. But still went ahead and took that route. Approx. 5 km in the middle is loose gravel, under construction and there is another spot that is being dug up by heavy machinery. Traffic is slow in those parts but I didn't really have any concerns. The rest of the road made up for whatever inconveniences I faced and it was pretty nice.

I did meet a few bikers along the way. Somewhere on Monck Rd, a cruiser on the speed limit. I had to overtake as I was doing 20 above the limit and the road was empty. If you're on the forum, cheers. 2 bikers who were behind me on 507 but disappeared before I took a left on 36.

Out of all the roads, Northeys Bay road was my favorite if I think of it.

D5200-Haliburtonloop-01.jpg

D5200-Haliburtonloop-05.jpg

20210531_132600-1.jpg

20210531_145634-1.jpg

D5200-Haliburtonloop-10.jpg

I’m planning a ride from Mississauga down to Erie, up the Niagara Parkway to NOTL and a stop in St Catherine’s this weekend. Suggestions highly welcome. Plan is to leave early (7am ish) on most likely Saturday.

I’m planning a ride from Mississauga down to Erie, up the Niagara Parkway to NOTL and a stop in St Catherine’s this weekend. Suggestions highly welcome. Plan is to leave early (7am ish) on most likely Saturday.
I’m planning something similar for Saturday, but without staying overnight

Back
Top Bottom