2021 Day Trips! | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

While on my way back from Dorset, I missed talking Kushog Lake Rd. I didn't put that on the map and I only realized once I passed that road. Good reason to go back there again 😀
Nice run! Ya looks like you hit the same road with the kayaks.

I did Kushog Lake Road a month or so ago. I don't think you missed much. But of course try it. It's hilly and curvy, but it's very patchy and bumpy for my tastes. Has those stupid asphalt round patches that have been placed over the years, (why they do that), so for me it was a pain to ride.

Day trip for me.
dZtzqCil.jpg

Then I got turned around and visited the Moutain Chute Station before heading home.

I did Kushog Lake Road a month or so ago. I don't think you missed much. But of course try it. It's hilly and curvy, but it's very patchy and bumpy for my tastes. Has those stupid asphalt round patches that have been placed over the years, (why they do that), so for me it was a pain to ride.
Curvy good, bumpy not so good lol

Yeah, I remember that road, its deceptive tbh, I was riding on it and couldnt tell if it was just a regular road that was super dusty, or just a gravel road, kept my speed down, its a weird mix, in between of fully finished road and a dirt road.

Its hard to tell unless you actually stop and inspect the road up close.
You're right! Moving forward I'll be much more cautious on 507. If all the construction work is done, it would make for an awesome road though.

You're right! Moving forward I'll be much more cautious on 507. If all the construction work is done, it would make for an awesome road though.
if I recall correctly, work has been on going on that road for years

Heading up there Monday for a good days ride if you're free you're welcome to come with.
Thanks for the offer. I have pickup and drop off duties for school during the week, so no weekday rides for me right now. We did go up as far north as Calabogie today and it was beautiful out. Not too much leaf colour change but roads were is great shape!
Safe ride:)

You dont like the stock seat?
Looks like one of those covers they sell on Facebook. Does it shed water?
The stock seat is okay, but I was becoming a bit uncomfortable on long rides on the blistering hot days.

Yes, it's one of the FB covers. For $38, I thought I'd give it a try. It's a good thing I didn't pay more, because it doesn't feel much different than the stock seat. It's also butt ugly. I'll be removing it for the cooler autumn rides. I haven't had many rain rides this year, so not sure how it's affected by water.

Day trip for me.
dZtzqCil.jpg

Then I got turned around and visited the Moutain Chute Station before heading home.
Nice meeting you today @Baggsy and that was a beautiful day to be out.

Myself and @kurtrules left Mississauga at 5:15am and got back before dark. The ride was a last minute trip to Calabogie It wasn't the most technical route today, but we did cover a fair bit of ground and the roads were quite nice. Barely any fall colours to be seen and we rode as far north as Calabogie/Bancroft/Haliburton.

My favorite road of today was Opinicon Road once again.

No ride is complete without some unexpected gravel - I think this was White Lake Road on our way over to Desert Lake Road in the Frontenac region, It was very twisty and hilly!
2021091918401331-6669778987648274070-IMG_7233.jpg

Met up with @Baggsy in Perth and rode to Calabogie together.
2021091918401331--282095468119464127-IMG_7238.jpg

For those that don't know, there is a pretty nice rest stop just east of the Calabogie Resort. Good place to stop, enjoy the views and have some lunch:
2021091918401331-8026896733333227914-IMG_7243.jpg

On our way over to Minden, we stopped in at the Minden Wild Water Preserve off Horsehoe Lake Road- another favourite spot to take a break with the rapids in the background:
2021091918401331--6888135165679350000-IMG_7244.jpg

Then our last stop was on the Centennial Park Rd causeway near Kirkfield - one of my favourite places to stop before the long slog home:
2021091918401331-8089361719274057805-IMG_7248.jpg

Burned through another rear tire and that's a wrap!
2021091918401331--2919971673152784560-IMG_7251.jpg

Jayell, you need some wooden beads. There's a reason a million cabbies use em.

3 vstroms walk into a bar...

Had lot's of fun yesterday exploring wild lands north of Barrie. The weather and roads were beautiful.

IMG_1622.jpg

Was so much enjoying the ride, so took only one photo during the coffee stop at Muskoka
IMG_1614.jpg

Hey all, I'm organizing a group ride for this weekend.

Only BMW R1250GSes invited. All others will be shunned and excluded, exactly like how those GTAM V-Strom-ers did it to the rest of us.

Here is the proposed route:

starbucks.jpg

There are a few places we can stop along the way, just in case anyone's final drive breaks down.

Hey all, I'm organizing a group ride for this weekend.

Only BMW R1250GSes invited. All others will be shunned and excluded, exactly like how those GTAM V-Strom-ers did it to the rest of us.

Here is the proposed route:

View attachment 51359

There are a few places we can stop along the way, just in case anyone's final drive breaks down.
Too long ride for me, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom