2021 Day Trips! | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

Nice trip! I was planning to do something very similar today, but the weather was not very nice…

Any chance you did Lower Valley road near Eugenia? It looks very nice, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to ride there on 100% road tires after two weeks of raining…
Hey, no I skipped Lower Valley road since I saw from the maps that it's unpaved. I kept this whole trip on paved roads.

Inspired by @kurtrules @malamute62 and @sburns previous trip around the area, I decided to do a hybrid version taking bits and pieces from everyone's map yesterday 😁

I started by 10:30 am, which was late even by my horrible standards. I head to the Collingwood area as I hadn't been there in a couple of years now. Yesterday just reminded me of why I didn't bother going there in the past two years - the crowd and the traffic. But it was good riding weather so no complaints. Going west of Elmgrove, the 5th side road was under some construction, so rerouted. Also, the first Timmies that I planned to stop was closed (not accepting walk-in orders) and since I had to use the washroom, I went further up to Meaford.

View attachment 49922

The real riding only began once I head back from there to Eugina falls on Beaver Valley road. I tried to take a peek at Eugina Falls but there was a decent crowd in the parking, and when the parking staff came by I told him that I'm headed back. Maybe someday I'll go just to check on Eugina and Hoggs falls. The roads from Badjeros especially near Dunedin were awesome.

Stopped before the River rd at Market in the mills and met a dude on his mt-09 and had a quick nice chat. The river road was absolutely amazing. Thanks to the biker who warned me about cops before I got there. I didn't see cops but then I also had stopped for 15-20 mins for a break. I overshot a corner and gladly there was no oncoming traffic. Lucky me!

View attachment 49923

And then some more ride through Mono and Hockley Valley.

View attachment 49926

And finally, I rode through Canad Rd and Pump Rd. They looked interesting on the map while I was charting out my route. It isn't bad at all. It's a 50 road and it's better to stay at that speed since I saw a few tractors and heavy vehicles movement there, most of them occupy more than one lane. I enjoyed the cruise, before heading back home.

View attachment 49927

Some pictures I took on the way...

Cows chilling under the shade

View attachment 49928

View attachment 49929

View attachment 49930

View attachment 49931

View attachment 49933

Ride safe everyone!

Nice ride, and route. I just love that area. I was there today, went up to Creemore, though it was a car trip, with family.

How do people find spots to park and take pictures?

I always find that the shoulders are narrow and there aren't many parking lots, on the better roads.

Friday, I took 403 westbound to 6 south, hit Hwy 3, went west into tobacco country, met a friend with a hopped up Harley (Electra-Glide??) in the town of Simcoe, continued to his place just north of St. Thomas, then on to my hometown about 30 minutes west of there. Came home today 401 to 403 near Woodstock, thru the Hammer again and home to Sauga. Got a little wet there and back. No twisties down there, had to be happy with off ramps and on ramps, haha....

Also, while I was down there, in Port Glasgow I encountered a massive group of bikers, they said they were in something called Ride For Paws, a charity benefitting dogs, cats etc. Had to be 75 bikes there, I was shocked, have never seen ANY bikes down there.

How do people find spots to park and take pictures?

I always find that the shoulders are narrow and there aren't many parking lots, on the better roads.
I usually stop on roads where traffic is very very little and on straights only. Not longer than 5-10 mins max if I'm stopping on the roadside.

Inspired by @kurtrules @malamute62 and @sburns previous trip around the area, I decided to do a hybrid version taking bits and pieces from everyone's map yesterday 😁

I started by 10:30 am, which was late even by my horrible standards. I head to the Collingwood area as I hadn't been there in a couple of years now. Yesterday just reminded me of why I didn't bother going there in the past two years - the crowd and the traffic. But it was good riding weather so no complaints. Going west of Elmgrove, the 5th side road was under some construction, so rerouted. Also, the first Timmies that I planned to stop was closed (not accepting walk-in orders) and since I had to use the washroom, I went further up to Meaford.

The real riding only began once I head back from there to Eugina falls on Beaver Valley road. I tried to take a peek at Eugina Falls but there was a decent crowd in the parking, and when the parking staff came by I told him that I'm headed back. Maybe someday I'll go just to check on Eugina and Hoggs falls. The roads from Badjeros especially near Dunedin were awesome.

Stopped before the River rd at Market in the mills and met a dude on his mt-09 and had a quick nice chat. The river road was absolutely amazing. Thanks to the biker who warned me about cops before I got there. I didn't see cops but then I also had stopped for 15-20 mins for a break. I overshot a corner and gladly there was no oncoming traffic. Lucky me!

And then some more ride through Mono and Hockley Valley.

And finally, I rode through Canad Rd and Pump Rd. They looked interesting on the map while I was charting out my route. It isn't bad at all. It's a 50 road and it's better to stay at that speed since I saw a few tractors and heavy vehicles movement there, most of them occupy more than one lane. I enjoyed the cruise, before heading back home.

Some pictures I took on the way...

Cows chilling under the shade

View attachment 49933

Ride safe everyone!
Awesome run! I dunno how you guys are able to pull off shots of the bike in the middle of the road. With my dumb luck someone is always around or shows up a minute later if I stop someplace (always happens) 🙄

If you go up that way again, just directly south of Blue Mountian is pretty river rd, also nice and scenic, if you haven't tried it.

Awesome run! I dunno how you guys are able to pull off shots of the bike in the middle of the road. With my dumb luck someone is always around or shows up a minute later if I stop someplace (always happens) 🙄

If you go up that way again, just directly south of Blue Mountian is pretty river rd, also nice and scenic, if you haven't tried it.
This particular shot was on Canal Rd. Very little traffic on that road. I stopped for 5 mins on the shoulders and saw just 1 or 2 cars pass by. I left the bike on and the whole process was completed in under a minute and moved the bike as soon as I could. I just got lucky I guess :)

As for River rd, is it the one around Mulmur? It's awesome, I got a chance to pass through there. Definitely going there in the future whenever I'm in that area.

This particular shot was on Canal Rd. Very little traffic on that road. I stopped for 5 mins on the shoulders and saw just 1 or 2 cars pass by. I left the bike on and the whole process was completed in under a minute and moved the bike as soon as I could. I just got lucky I guess :)

As for River rd, is it the one around Mulmur? It's awesome, I got a chance to pass through there. Definitely going there in the future whenever I'm in that area.
Ah Canal rd, one of my fav roads, good little bypass of the area, and yes usually quiet.

The road is Pretty River rd, here. Turns, hills, tree lined. But it's slow, but nice.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.03.19 PM.png

Last edited:

Not sure of the one mentioned by @sburns as I have never done the pretty river road, but the river road I absolutely love, in these parts is the one below:

1626139433019.png

15kms of pure pleasure. Tight switchbacks and long sweepers, you have them all!

You need to get off the highway 124 and ride 1km towards Horning Mills. It starts from there.

Edit: Looks like you already covered quite a portion of this road - Saw that on your first map.

Ah Canal rd, one of my fav roads, good little bypass of the area, and yes usually quite.

I lived in Bradford for quite awhile and used to use Canal for a shortcut to town coming off northbound 400. Some guy drowned after wiping out his sports car and going into the canal. After that they put in a very looong guardrail. I miss living up there and will be going there on the bike soon.

Not sure of the one mentioned by @sburns as I have never done the pretty river road, but the river road I absolutely love, in these parts is the one below:

View attachment 49955

15kms of pure pleasure. Tight switchbacks and long sweepers, you have them all!

You need to get off the highway 124 and ride 1km towards Horning Mills. It starts from there.
Same one. I plan to do that drive with a buddy who has a V-Max whenever it stops raining.

I started to make a left at one point the other day, and someone in a pickup came over a hill at 160+, so I had to stop or he would have clocked me, cuckoo. Started to follow him, but lost him quick, as I don't want to lose my license. Most traffic was bikes, and there wasn't much of it, but every time I though about stopping, the guy in the pickup came to mind. I'll try to get some pictures next time out.

I'll try and get a picture of this sign next time at least:
ike4fYZl.png

Yeah there can be a fair bit of bumps on it. I've never ridden it northbound - always southbound, so not sure if one direction is better/worse than the other.

I started to make a left at one point the other day, and someone in a pickup came over a hill at 160+, so I had to stop or he would have clocked me, cuckoo. Started to follow him, but lost him quick, as I don't want to lose my license. Most traffic was bikes, and there wasn't much of it, but every time I though about stopping, the guy in the pickup came to mind. I'll try to get some pictures next time out.

I'll try and get a picture of this sign next time at least:
ike4fYZl.png
Is there a similar sign in your neck of the woods that is longer than 32 km? I vaguely remember seeing one from one of my rides out that way many years ago, but can't recall if I'm mixing it up with somewhere else.

you guys are killing me...LOL...I usually put 6-7,000 km on in a season (most of which is done in July & August when I'm off), last year due to Covid I did a measly 4,000...this year so far, a whopping 700 km...woot woot...maybe I'll win a prize for the least amount of km put on in a season... LMAO...

Back
Top Bottom