2021 Day Trips! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 Day Trips!

I envy you @sburns !
Hope to be able to free up some more time within the next couple of months and start riding all over like you do!
I also never seem to have the time to get out riding as much as I'd like. Too busy with work and everyday BS and I don't even have a wife or kids. Hoping one day I can head down to "roughly" the Port Burwell area and go west from there. out to west of St. Thomas, and drop in at Mom's in Rodney.

@Wingboy thanks for that link...looks like a cool team of individuals...will keep an eye on their calendar to see if they have any events coming up...

@Wingboy thanks for that link...looks like a cool team of individuals...will keep an eye on their calendar to see if they have any events coming up...
Look for Canuck Rd S. Follow out to the end for a good view. Or get a seat in the Runway Cafe's outdoor deck if and when it's open.

Wednesday ride - did a run up to Collingwood, with some pitstops along the way.

The main highlight was finding this road out of Kilgorie, River Rd. Fantastic will have to go back there in the fall.

How it went
jun 23 map.jpg

The plane in Creemore
creemore plane.jpg

Hello my friend! (on river rd)
river road deer 2.jpg

River rd looks like this pretty much all the way
kilgorie river road.jpg

Strange bird just outside of Hornings Mills
strange birds 2.jpg

Pitstop at Eugina Falls
Eugenia falls.jpg

Finally made it to Collingwood, Millennium park (Blue Mountain in background) Nice and refreshing by the water!
Collingwood millennium park.jpg

Stop at Angus Peacekeeper park on the way back home
Angus Peacekeeper park.jpg

Turkey vultures looking for a snack.
Ah ha. Well there was some road kill on the right, and they scattered just before I got to them.
I quite often see these birds floating around north Pickering.

Ah ha. Well there was some road kill on the right, and they scattered just before I got to them.
I quite often see these birds floating around north Pickering.
Its amazing that something so hideous up close can appear so beautiful up in the sky

Consider that River road is now mostly 50. A few spots of 60. Then include 40 heading west before the T junction.

Ventured out this Sun for a quick ride. I left much later than I was supposed to - 10 am or so and had to be back home by 3. It was one of those days where the weather wasn't right (windy af), the routes weren't great (traffic) and a dull run overall. Posting the route just in case and a couple of pics.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 001348.jpg

IMG_20210627_114800.jpg

IMG_20210627_115119.jpg

Ride safe all!

Went puttering around Prince Edward County and Kingston yesterday. Everywhere was Soooo busy with people Sandbanks, Picton, Lake on the Mountain, and Kingston. But a great day for riding!

PEC I wanted to explore some roads I haven't been on. Found Lakeside Dr to be very nice.

Kingston I wanted to cross over the bridge on HWY 2 to see Fort Henry, and go around that area. But they had a street block off and I got to the area so late had to basically turn around. BTW HWY 49 (Montreal St) out of Kingston is $hit, like riding on frost heaves of the James Bay Highway.

Also planned to zip back home on the 401 from Kingston, but it was all backed up from Oshawa to Bellville, just nuts. I diverted North on Marysville and found this nice road called Melrose Rd. The rest of the return was on HWY 2, made for a long day....

How it went
Map jul 4.jpg

Pitstop outside of Brigton near Prequ'ile Park
Prequ'ile Park.jpg

Millennium Lookout just outside Picton (not much of a lookout actually)
Millennium Lookout.jpg

Made it to Kingston and Fort Henry
Fort Henry.jpg

Keep finding old war planes, at an arena in Kingston
kingston plane.jpg

Getting closer to home, long day, Bond Head lighthouse
Bond head lighthouse.jpg

Inspired by @kurtrules @malamute62 and @sburns previous trip around the area, I decided to do a hybrid version taking bits and pieces from everyone's map yesterday 😁

I started by 10:30 am, which was late even by my horrible standards. I head to the Collingwood area as I hadn't been there in a couple of years now. Yesterday just reminded me of why I didn't bother going there in the past two years - the crowd and the traffic. But it was good riding weather so no complaints. Going west of Elmgrove, the 5th side road was under some construction, so rerouted. Also, the first Timmies that I planned to stop was closed (not accepting walk-in orders) and since I had to use the washroom, I went further up to Meaford.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 160925.jpg

The real riding only began once I head back from there to Eugina falls on Beaver Valley road. I tried to take a peek at Eugina Falls but there was a decent crowd in the parking, and when the parking staff came by I told him that I'm headed back. Maybe someday I'll go just to check on Eugina and Hoggs falls. The roads from Badjeros especially near Dunedin were awesome.

Stopped before the River rd at Market in the mills and met a dude on his mt-09 and had a quick nice chat. The river road was absolutely amazing. Thanks to the biker who warned me about cops before I got there. I didn't see cops but then I also had stopped for 15-20 mins for a break. I overshot a corner and gladly there was no oncoming traffic. Lucky me!

Screenshot 2021-07-11 161359.jpg

And then some more ride through Mono and Hockley Valley.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 161633.jpg

And finally, I rode through Canad Rd and Pump Rd. They looked interesting on the map while I was charting out my route. It isn't bad at all. It's a 50 road and it's better to stay at that speed since I saw a few tractors and heavy vehicles movement there, most of them occupy more than one lane. I enjoyed the cruise, before heading back home.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 161828.jpg

Some pictures I took on the way...

Cows chilling under the shade

20210710_150357-1.jpg

20210710_150628-1.jpg

20210710_173553-1.jpg

20210710_185336-1.jpg

20210710_185641-1.jpg

Ride safe everyone!

Nice trip! I was planning to do something very similar today, but the weather was not very nice…

Any chance you did Lower Valley road near Eugenia? It looks very nice, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to ride there on 100% road tires after two weeks of raining…

Back
Top Bottom